I cannot get the asset compiler and unity to co-operate, any help? (and more!)

As the title says I cannot get the asset compiler and unity to work. I'm mostly looking for help in this regard to get the compiler to the point where I can actually finish my mod. 

So what is exactly the problem? Well, it lies with the TextMeshProResolver script. specifically I am getting this error in the unity debug:

Assets/Plugins/KSPAssets/TextMeshProResolver.cs(7,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UnityEditor' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Followed by,

Error building Player because scripts had compiler errors

Well that much should be obvious...

The script is the patched version from this post but I suspect there are bigger problems at work here. Specifically the versions of part tool, unity editor and Text Mesh pro. 

In order to get TextMeshPro at this point in time you must get it through the store. Which is fine, but if you attempt to install it it will not work since the version of unity required for modding 5.4.0p4 and Text Mesh Pro "doesn't support it". So if I can't get text mesh then part tool won't work which means my mod can't continue. So instead I'm using the earliest version that seems to work with TextMeshPro which is 2017.2.0f3 . But now I'm getting compiler errors and things have been quite the headache. I'm just looking for someone to point me in the right direction. 

Any information is useful. 

I just opened the TextMeshProResolver.cs file and commented the whole thing out. If you aren't doing anything that requires Textmesh pro (and I'm not sure what would really require using it) then you don't need to worry about that file.

• 2 months later...
On 1/23/2019 at 3:18 PM, DMagic said:

I just opened the TextMeshProResolver.cs file and commented the whole thing out. If you aren't doing anything that requires Textmesh pro (and I'm not sure what would really require using it) then you don't need to worry about that file.

What do you remove from the TextMeshProResolver.cs in order for it to work?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.