Around Kerbin in 80 days - Triop's adventure, a live blog.

Triop

16 minutes ago, Dafni said:

Long overdue: I always enjoy your stuff, Triop, even though I never post much in your threads. Always check your progress and ideas. Keep it up.

Thanks for the support, it really helps.

People around me IRL think I'm crazy for playing this game.

Nice to know some people on this forum actually like what I do. :cool:

51 minutes ago, Triop said:

Thanks for the support, it really helps.

People around me IRL think I'm crazy for playing this game.

Nice to know some people on this forum actually like what I do. :cool:

You are welcome. I like what you do indeed and also how you document it for us. Lots of respect from me. (only minor complaint would be all the night-time pics recently, but I see how there is no time for rest on your trip there)

So what games are the people around you playing then? Shooters? KSP must be one of the most instructive games ever. Or are they just non-gamers frowning on video games in general? Either way it is pretty lame. Never judge someones hobby or passion or fetish or believe or whatever.

18 minutes ago, Dafni said:

(only minor complaint would be all the night-time pics recently, but I see how there is no time for rest on your trip there)

Yeah, sorry, and I regret I can't make video's at nighttime, a lot of crazy crashes happened that you will never see.

But like you say, I can't just warp ahead for daylight screenshots, It will be lost time.

Kerbin reality sucks. :sticktongue:

18 minutes ago, Dafni said:

So what games are the people around you playing then?

I'm 45 years old, people around me are too busy with politics and climate change . . . :wacko:

Edited by Triop

3 hours ago, Triop said:

I'm 45 years old, people around me are too busy with politics and climate change . . . :wacko:

Well, that's okay then, somebody has to take care of that   :confused:

3 hours ago, Jacke said:

Hey Triop, if you ever get tired of driving on Kerbin, you should check out Eve.

:)

A rover trip around Eve would be cool indeed. I was toying with the idea of doing something like that on Mars or Venus in SSRSS. Earth would be a bit tricky, I'm not into building bridges myself.

35 minutes ago, MSA said:
6 hours ago, Jacke said:

Hey Triop, if you ever get tired of driving on Kerbin, you should check out Eve

That would be a ton of bridges 

300px-Eve_Biome_Map_1.2.png   It would, you may want to make the buggy movable in water...

(I can only imagine what happens when the buggy runs out of fuel...)

My suggestion would be going to Duna.

It may not have any water but has a giant face, Curiosity Rover memorial, a green Monolith and a pyramidal hill that emits an SSTV signal.

DAY 12

Off course I had to screw it up somehow . . .

I didn't look where Edberry parked the Tumbler and I accidently build my bridge on top of it . . . :blink:

utnZYWX.png

I had to delete the bridge to save poor Eddy.

UpnNqNV.png

This doesn't look good.

I reloaded and the game reseted the front axles, but we lost the engine.

eFgl2I9.png

Placing back the backwheel is no big deal.

We have some power left in the command pod, but we need new parts first, I'll worry about the bridge later.

IvPHIjy.png

TBC

We still have a plane with parts on the South Point base.

o2YwQcS.png

It seems we have plenty of parts left, which is good news.

Sg7Oucv.png

So we are about to take off and go see Edberry.

TBC

Edited by Triop

Rebuilding the engine, AGAIN.

XtMBh0d.png

GJtXHFl.png

nMQFT0T.png

I hope the Kraken isn't planning on flipping my jet now it's parked on the bridge. :ph34r:

Next up, uhhhhhh we have a problem....

I can't build the whole bridge in one Group, it will go out of range and my Bugger will sink right through it. (It's hard to explane)

I need to try some things . . .

TBC

48 minutes ago, Triop said:

Rebuilding the engine, AGAIN.

You should be good at that by now. :)

I hope the Kraken isn't planning on flipping my jet now it's parked on the bridge. :ph34r:

Next up, uhhhhhh we have a problem....

I can't build the whole bridge in one Group, it will go out of range and my Bugger will sink right through it. (It's hard to explane)

I need to try some things . . .

Should you have constructed the bridge before the Bugger got into physics range of the start of the bridge?  As you can't keep it within physics range and it will have issues when it leaves?  Guessing you learned this while building the initial bridges.

What happens when you leave vehicles on existing bridges and you go elsewhere, like KSC?  Are they still on the bridge when you come back?

22 minutes ago, Triop said:

Don't do it Ed . . .

giphy.gif

ArZlWYe.png

Ucxkeqr.png

0bwSFmQ.png

Jeb would do it! :)  Do it for Jeb!

Hey, Kerbal's aren't immune to damage, but I've had one fall from kilometres up and impact the water at 45m/s and live. :)

I'm going to make a new group from here and continue bridge building.

Triop forges on!

Edited by Jacke

16 minutes ago, Jacke said:

You should be good at that by now.

Haha, indeed, it's kinda like a pitstop for me, I should time it next time (and we all know there will be a next time. :lol:).

18 minutes ago, Jacke said:

Should you have constructed the bridge before the Bugger got into physics range of the start of the bridge?  As you can't keep it within physics range and it will have issues when it leaves?  Guessing you learned this while building the initial bridges.

Yes, I've learned the hard way.

The mod let's you build the whole bridge under 1 group, but when you drive beyond the range your rover just falls through the bridge like it does not excist.

But when you fly over the bridge with a jet you can only see the parts in range.

So for my longest bridge I had to build 2 connecting bridges.

This might not make much sence, but it's hard to explain.

28 minutes ago, Jacke said:

What happens when you leave vehicles on existing bridges and you go elsewhere, like KSC?  Are they still on the bridge when you come back?

When I come back craft that are parked on the KK part will jump up, that's why the Tumbler was upside down and I now fear for my jet.

31 minutes ago, Jacke said:

Jeb would do it! :)  Do it for Jeb!

Hey, Kerbal's aren't immune to damage, but I've had one fall from kilometres up and impact the water at 45m/s and live. :)

I told him that if he wants to he can jump, but he has to swim 20 km back to shore.

Well that changed his mind. :lol:

33 minutes ago, Jacke said:

Triop forges on!

:cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.