Around Kerbin in 80 days - Triop's adventure, a live blog.

Triop

Checkpoint 25

lhDD7MI.png

PW6mZ1v.png

SSZimgD.png

We are getting close to the 2nd bridge.

I guess I have to refuel at South Point base.

Now that we are so far away from the KSC refuel planes may have to refuel on Area 0011011 (or something) base.

That will take forever.

We will see . . .

TBC

First I need to do some Kerbal konstruct stuff . . . .

I hate these lights, they never help me, they give me the creeps. :wacko:

That's why I crashed, they make me nervous on approach.... <_<

Let's get rid of these haircombs lights...

ayLj4J6.png

26Fg1xX.png

fYiigYp.png

Much better.

We might aswell get rid of our landing gear, we may build a new Bugger out of this cockpit later.

BOMyt2w.png

bnDVAyd.png

Here's my trip so far:

TBC

Edited by Triop

South Point Upgrade

8 Kerbals lost their lives...No more.

We have invested Millions of funds to lay down a new runway in 5 minutes.

ZZTYpp6.png

EpqngEo.png

I don't know where the money comes from, since Kerbin has no citizens... :blink: But hey, I am the government, we print money. :cool:

Look at that horrible bicycleroad next to it, it's an insult. <_<

TBC

That landing (two posts back), whoa.

Whenever I fly in KSP, I used pitch trim for more stable flight.  And I always use NavUtils to set up proper ILS glidepaths a fair distance off so I don't get behind on what I need to do to land.  Without NavUtils, I would crash so many aircraft.

13 minutes ago, Triop said:

@Jacke Dude, if I would give you 1 funds for every like you have giving me, you would be a millionair... :confused:

Thanks mate. ^_^

No problem.  I've been watching a lot of back videos by the Mighty Jingles.  So I'm going to be sending out Kassandra and Arthur Morgan to collect.  And drag you off to the Salt Mines.  Give you a little rest from all that driving and flying.  :)

6 minutes ago, Jacke said:

Whenever I fly in KSP, I used pitch trim for more stable flight.  And I always use NavUtils to set up proper ILS glidepaths a fair distance off so I don't get behind on what I need to do to land.  Without NavUtils, I would crash so many aircraft.

I don't even know how flaps work, I fly on instinct... ^_^

7 minutes ago, Jacke said:

I've been watching a lot of back videos by the Mighty Jingles.  So I'm going to be sending out Kassandra and Arthur Morgan to collect.  And drag you off to the Salt Mines.

No idea what you are talking about, but I'll take it. :lol:

Now where is Edberry.....

ED ?

TBC

8 minutes ago, Triop said:

I don't even know how flaps work, I fly on instinct... ^_^

LOL!  I do know how flaps work.  I fly based on a lot of practice in various flight sims. :D

No idea what you are talking about, but I'll take it. :lol:

The Mighty Jingles is a YouTube video maker and sometimes Twitch streamer, old dude, retired RN (but still about 11 years younger than me :)).  He's very personable and smooth talking in his videos and streams.  The nickname is that of his old World of Warcraft Gnome Overlord, who runs a Salt Mine. :)

Kassandra and Arthur Morgan (note the first two videos featuring Arthur are reversed) are characters in two recent games he's played over several YouTube videos each.  They're both mostly good hearted people who are used to going out and doing work-for-hire.  All sorts. :)

Now where is Edberry.....

As he's not currently on the Memorial Wall in KSC's Astronaut Complex, I imagine he's taking steps to see he doesn't end up there. :)

9 minutes ago, Jacke said:

As he's not currently on the Memorial Wall in KSC's Astronaut Complex, I imagine he's taking steps to see he doesn't end up there. :)

Yes, he still has a heartbeat.

We did seem to loose another checkpoint flag, checkpoint 25 is gone.

I don't care Kraken, take your best shot.

We will just move along untill we reach a 100 km from cp24 and setup cp26. no problem.

QIyT6CK.png

TBC

Edited by Triop

17 minutes ago, Triop said:

We did seem to loose another checkpoint flag, checkpoint 25 is gone.

I don't care Kraken, take your best shot.

Wow, I'd just bet you'd have been fun to have on the schooner Emma way back in '25. :)

And kudos for persevering in the face of adversity both from the game engine and from game mishaps.  You just take them as they come and then turn them into opportunities to become creative.

Triop, you are an inspiration to us all.

10 minutes ago, Jacke said:

And kudos for persevering in the face of adversity both from the game engine and from game mishaps.  You just take them as they come and then turn them into opportunities to become creative.

Triop, you are an inspiration to us all.

It's very simple I guess, are we playing the game for the experience or are we letting mods and saving do all the work.

I try to find a ballance with mods and stock gameplay. F5 is my enemy, I have some haters because of that ... :lol:

I like the fact that I can crash when I take too much risk, it gives me adrenaline, and the Kraken is just part of the game I guess  :cool:

giphy.gif

Edited by Triop

Checkpoint 26

9W7OiwF.png

v5PRhCF.png

mEgiPLz.png

I'm exhausted, goodnight.

I'll leave you with the video that started me organizing Dakar 2017, some hero uploaded the episode, have fun while it last (Amazon copyright) :lol:

Sweet dreams,

Triop Before Christ

:lol:

oqdxH2K.png

@Triop, just watched your review video you posted in "What did you do in KSP today?"

Cool overview.  Are those black squares from Kerbal Konstructs?

Saw your Tracking Station and think you might want to check out these two Tracking Station mods.  They appear to play nice together too.

I've yet to dig into both of them with a lot of missions underway, but I hope they can provide some of the functions of this old mod.

Edited by Jacke

18 hours ago, NBDesigns said:

Maybe not exactly what your looking for 

Dude, the Sausage Company ® loved it !

They are willing to sponsor your trike. :lol:

7UsGbSh.png

B1XlCE7.png

I like the clipped wheels in the back, they don't steer so you can't see that there are 2 wheels.

5 hours ago, Jacke said:

Cool overview.  Are those black squares from Kerbal Konstructs?

Yes they are, I don't know why they are black, maybe it's because I'm in 1.6.1.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.