What I've Done So Far in Career Mode #1

Hello! Welcome To The First What I've Done So Far in Career Mode, where I share with you what ive done so far in my new career mode! If you haven't looked at the previous 2 posts I made about the career mode, I suggest you read those posts first before reading this one, so you will know what has previously happened.

Post 1: 

Post 2: 

Ok, so now that you have read those 2 previous posts or have already read them, lets get started!

So, starting this off, the first thing I did after completing the minmus flyby, was doing a mission to orbit it (for some more science), as seen in the pictures below!

919OruP.png

The orbit I was in was roughly 18,000 m by 20,500 m so I could get more low science data and do EVA reports as I flew over different biomes

zGXlIEU.png

I also got this awesome image of kerbin and the mun rising over minmus from orbit.

After doing a few orbits and collecting lots of science, I did a burn to leave minmus and head back for a landing on kerbin. (Notice the mun orbiting around kerbin in the background as it changes position.)

MGgtVOb.png

1YU2SNy.png

e7ZjUht.png

After reentering kerbin's atmosphere, I landed this time (not splashed down) near some mountains and planted my first flag, as seen below:

QHiwgXp.png

ajAMx0H.png

After collecting lots of science from the minmus orbiter mission and spending it on better parts in the tech tree, since I have the historical progression contract pack installed, I decided to recreate the Soviet Luna 1 mission next, which was the first spacecraft to flyby the moon. (More about it at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_1)

After a successful launch and burn into orbit, I did another burn to put the spacecraft on a munar flyby trajectory to put it into a solar orbit (like the real life mission).

pqv1j15.png

YxcOsrg.png

After entering the mun's SOI, I took a screenshot with kerbin setting in the background in 2nd/3rd image (you can call it kerbinset, since its the opposite of earthrise).

keqrtl0.png

xEfYPkg.png

uGHh4Vi.png

So after ejecting the other stage from the spacecraft it changed the periapsis to just about 4,800m (which is dangerously close). Luckily the spacecraft survived the close approach to the surface and I got a good view of some rocks on the surface and later a kerbinrise (similar to earthrise).

DL0JSRw.png

hlKfufL.png

tJGaDT3.png

After that the mission was complete and I got the contract complete screen (as you can see below it shows what the acutal mission did, pretty similar to mine, but not as close)

GYZH3jI.png

aPo9g51.png

And so that brings an end to the first of many to come What I've done so far in career mode posts! I can't wait to share what I've done next tomorrow!:science::) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.