Xbox one keyboard and mouse support.

Ya or nay  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this idea?

• Yes
    • No

Can we please have keyboard and mouse support on consoles. The game is frustratingly un playable, I have a pc that I can play ksp on and I love it, but My Xbox is far more powerful and runs it better. Xbox officially supports this idea with developers that choose to have this feature and would love to have the ease of keyboard and mouse on my console. 

between building your spacecraft, flight, orbital adjustments and kerbal control, the controller sucks.

having the port to consoles was awesome but since I have used the pc way I can’t go back with this game.

Edited by Spitfire930
Typo

2 hours ago, Spitfire930 said:

Can we please have keyboard and mouse support on consoles. The game is frustratingly un playable, I have a pc that I can play ksp on and I love it, but My Xbox is far more powerful and runs it better. Xbox officially supports this idea with developers that choose to have this feature and would love to have the ease of keyboard and mouse on my console. 

between building your spacecraft, flight, orbital adjustments and kerbal control, the controller sucks.

having the port to consoles was awesome but since I have used the pc way I can’t go back with this game.

Welcome to the forums. Having keyboard and mouse support for console KSP would undermine the console version's existence. Also how is it frustratingly unplayable? If you're having difficulty with things, check out the tutorials, settings, and controls pages. It's hard to get used to a PC game on console, maybe you just need to get used to playing KSP with a controller.

: ) 

8 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Having keyboard and mouse support for console KSP would undermine the console version's existence.

How?

They didn't make the console version because they decided the game needed to be played with a controller.  They made it to expand their market.  There's plenty of people who only have a console capable of gaming, either by choice or financial reasons.  We've even gotten to the point where plenty of people don't even own a computer by choice.  Enabling keyboard and mouse inputs on console KSP is a good idea.  Personally I don't see how this game could be playable without at least a mouse.  Enabling these inputs on the consoles would not only help a lot of player frustration, but it would help show that the console players haven't been abandoned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 11:34 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Welcome to the forums. Having keyboard and mouse support for console KSP would undermine the console version's existence. Also how is it frustratingly unplayable? If you're having difficulty with things, check out the tutorials, settings, and controls pages. It's hard to get used to a PC game on console, maybe you just need to get used to playing KSP with a controller.

As a former PC user who dumped them because of drivers, antivirus and plagues that affect a platform with little meaningful standardization, using a PS4 has been what it should be:  a platform that can just do stuff without system troubleshooting.  So if anything, it should be a much better experience.  It is frustrating because K&M are both more accurate, faster to response and are supported by the PS4 platform itself.  The PS4 and XBox but are Intel CPUs and frankly, it's been a really long time and seems pretty trivial to add code at least permitting a mouse as a starter. 

As for its hard to get use to a PC game on a console:  itThe PC's keyboard and mouse at least solve a whole host of issues instead of the current design with the PS4 controller. 

Regardless it would be awesome to get someone to actually address the forums about where this stands.  KSP has been on the PS4 since 2016'ish right?  Maybe now is a good time to close the gap?

Personally I don't think the game is unplayable without keyboard and mouse but it would be a lot easier,  so many people say "you can't use a keyboard and mouse for KSP on console because it's a CONSOLE version" but what really makes it a console version of KSP is the fact that it will run on a console and you don't  not have to buy a PC to play the game i know they disabled it but I wish @SQUAD would at least take it into account that people want it I use KSP console and I love it but I would love if they added keyboard and mouse support. Now I know they won't but I just wish they would think about it.

Edited by sicko kerman

On January 25, 2019 at 12:34 AM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Yeah but it's a lot easier to move a curser with at least a mouse that's why every console game has aim assist is because it's harder to aim at things with a controller than it is with a mouse. It would be nice if they at least added mouse input so you can build crafts and check on things while in space a little easier.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 11:02 PM, Twychopen said:

It's 2020, why is it not on yet?

Agreed, if there is DLC and patches have happened, how ridiculously easy is it to add mouse and keyboard to consoles?  Pretty please?  Also, if it is actually ridiculously hard, please can you tell us why?  Why for 3-4 years just no answer that makes sense or solution for this seemingly basic programming problem?  Anyone chime in, please !  Except the console undermining guy that was a laughable explanation

Man, I’ve wished for mouse and keyboard support for the console version of KSP since it was released on the Xbox... I mean I can understand that they are probably pretty busy with KSP2 and all, hyped for that! But until then... shooting the Xbox version a surprise mouse and keyboard support patch couldn’t be THAT hard, could it? :D

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to thank what ever developers somewhat enabled Keyboard and Mouse on Xbox. It's not the full PC equivalent. But it's a start. 

If you press the left thumb stick, you can move your cursor around and left click things. Right click does not work in VAB to rotate camera or set fuel limits. But it definitely helps building my rockets.

Also right click does work when flying to rotate camera. Only problem is space bar doesn't launch shuttle when cursor is present. Or keys to enable SAS. But at least mouse pitch, roll, and yaw work with KB. 

So again it's a start and makes it a little better to play. 

If a dev is reading this, giving full PC controls would be great. Even if you just gave full keybind settings and I could set it up myself, that'd would be cool. I have 100s of hours on Steam, but only a couple on Xbox. Full support would allow me to put 100s of hours on Xbox. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2019 at 10:59 AM, ezPzKVM said:

As a former PC user who dumped them because of drivers, antivirus and plagues that affect a platform with little meaningful standardization, using a PS4 has been what it should be:  a platform that can just do stuff without system troubleshooting.  So if anything, it should be a much better experience.  It is frustrating because K&M are both more accurate, faster to response and are supported by the PS4 platform itself.  The PS4 and XBox but are Intel CPUs and frankly, it's been a really long time and seems pretty trivial to add code at least permitting a mouse as a starter. 

As for its hard to get use to a PC game on a console:  itThe PC's keyboard and mouse at least solve a whole host of issues instead of the current design with the PS4 controller. 

Regardless it would be awesome to get someone to actually address the forums about where this stands.  KSP has been on the PS4 since 2016'ish right?  Maybe now is a good time to close the gap?

• 3 months later...

Well whoever said they won’t because it will undermine the console version... oh dear that’s a sad way of thinking there. Basically you CAN use keyboard and mouse like one guy said but half the keyboard doesn’t work and only one mouse button. I’ve got used to using controller but I use mouse and keyboard once I get to orbit. So I’ve docked in orbit on pc and failed 1000 times on console due to lack of control (eg switching between linier and rotating control) on controller it’s such a excrements show tbh. So hard to switch from target to target. It is not lost on me that we’re lucky that they have dumbed down the game enough for our crappy consoles to handle it. If there was an option for full keyboard and mouse control then I’m sure friends of mine would buy it for sure! And same for many other people. But when I’m asked what it’s like... I have to open with ‘top game but the controls will take you 10hours minimum to get used to. Then I’m sure they sack it off there and then. I wish ‘SQUAD’ would make me a liar and support full keyboard and mouse on pc pleeeeeeease!!!!

Well whoever said they won’t because it will undermine the console version... oh dear that’s a sad way of thinking there. Basically you CAN use keyboard and mouse like one guy said but half the keyboard doesn’t work and only one mouse button. I’ve got used to using controller but I use mouse and keyboard once I get to orbit. So I’ve docked in orbit on pc and failed 1000 times on console due to lack of control (eg switching between linier and rotating control) on controller it’s such a nightmare. BUT I WANT TO ADD THAT THEY HAVE SONE THE BEST JOB POSSIBLE ON CONTROLLER LAYOUT IN MY OPINION it’s just..... So hard to switch from target to target. It is not lost on me that we’re lucky that they have dumbed down the game enough for our crappy consoles to handle it. If there was an option for full keyboard and mouse control then I’m sure friends of mine would buy it for sure! And same for many other people. But when I’m asked what it’s like... I have to open with ‘top game but the controls will take you 10hours minimum to get used to.’ Then I’m sure they sack it off there and then. I wish ‘SQUAD’ would make me a liar and support full keyboard and mouse on console pleeeeeeease!!!!

Edited by Jfraz

On 3/19/2021 at 4:31 PM, Jfraz said:

Well whoever said they won’t because it will undermine the console version... oh dear that’s a sad way of thinking there. Basically you CAN use keyboard and mouse like one guy said but half the keyboard doesn’t work and only one mouse button. I’ve got used to using controller but I use mouse and keyboard once I get to orbit. So I’ve docked in orbit on pc and failed 1000 times on console due to lack of control (eg switching between linier and rotating control) on controller it’s such a excrements show tbh. So hard to switch from target to target. It is not lost on me that we’re lucky that they have dumbed down the game enough for our crappy consoles to handle it. If there was an option for full keyboard and mouse control then I’m sure friends of mine would buy it for sure! And same for many other people. But when I’m asked what it’s like... I have to open with ‘top game but the controls will take you 10hours minimum to get used to. Then I’m sure they sack it off there and then. I wish ‘SQUAD’ would make me a liar and support full keyboard and mouse on pc pleeeeeeease!!!!

Use Matt Lowne's Lazy Docking Method, it's very useful!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 8:06 AM, Geonovast said:

How?

They didn't make the console version because they decided the game needed to be played with a controller.  They made it to expand their market.  There's plenty of people who only have a console capable of gaming, either by choice or financial reasons.  We've even gotten to the point where plenty of people don't even own a computer by choice.  Enabling keyboard and mouse inputs on console KSP is a good idea.  Personally I don't see how this game could be playable without at least a mouse.  Enabling these inputs on the consoles would not only help a lot of player frustration, but it would help show that the console players haven't been abandoned.

I love the controller support when flying.  It's not so good for building,  so I want both at the same time. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2021 at 2:04 PM, Atomic Engineer said:

Use Matt Lowne's Lazy Docking Method, it's very useful!

So hard with controller. When you leave a target to go to another it instantly forgets so can only kinda do a half lowne lazy method if you get me... 

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.