Spitfire930

Xbox one keyboard and mouse support.

Ya or nay  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this idea?

• Yes
    • No

Question

Can we please have keyboard and mouse support on consoles. The game is frustratingly un playable, I have a pc that I can play ksp on and I love it, but My Xbox is far more powerful and runs it better. Xbox officially supports this idea with developers that choose to have this feature and would love to have the ease of keyboard and mouse on my console. 

between building your spacecraft, flight, orbital adjustments and kerbal control, the controller sucks.

having the port to consoles was awesome but since I have used the pc way I can’t go back with this game.

Edited by Spitfire930
Typo
  • Like 1

7 answers to this question

8 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Having keyboard and mouse support for console KSP would undermine the console version's existence.

How?

They didn't make the console version because they decided the game needed to be played with a controller.  They made it to expand their market.  There's plenty of people who only have a console capable of gaming, either by choice or financial reasons.  We've even gotten to the point where plenty of people don't even own a computer by choice.  Enabling keyboard and mouse inputs on console KSP is a good idea.  Personally I don't see how this game could be playable without at least a mouse.  Enabling these inputs on the consoles would not only help a lot of player frustration, but it would help show that the console players haven't been abandoned.

• Like 3

I think that keyboard and mouse support in consoles is a good idea. Actually I have KSP Steam PC and PS4, the controller experience in PS4 is great, but being able to use keyboard and mouse would be fantastic.

• Like 1

Moved to Console Support

2 hours ago, Spitfire930 said:

Can we please have keyboard and mouse support on consoles. The game is frustratingly un playable, I have a pc that I can play ksp on and I love it, but My Xbox is far more powerful and runs it better. Xbox officially supports this idea with developers that choose to have this feature and would love to have the ease of keyboard and mouse on my console. 

between building your spacecraft, flight, orbital adjustments and kerbal control, the controller sucks.

having the port to consoles was awesome but since I have used the pc way I can’t go back with this game.

Welcome to the forums. Having keyboard and mouse support for console KSP would undermine the console version's existence. Also how is it frustratingly unplayable? If you're having difficulty with things, check out the tutorials, settings, and controls pages. It's hard to get used to a PC game on console, maybe you just need to get used to playing KSP with a controller.

: ) 

On 1/24/2019 at 11:34 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Welcome to the forums. Having keyboard and mouse support for console KSP would undermine the console version's existence. Also how is it frustratingly unplayable? If you're having difficulty with things, check out the tutorials, settings, and controls pages. It's hard to get used to a PC game on console, maybe you just need to get used to playing KSP with a controller.

As a former PC user who dumped them because of drivers, antivirus and plagues that affect a platform with little meaningful standardization, using a PS4 has been what it should be:  a platform that can just do stuff without system troubleshooting.  So if anything, it should be a much better experience.  It is frustrating because K&M are both more accurate, faster to response and are supported by the PS4 platform itself.  The PS4 and XBox but are Intel CPUs and frankly, it's been a really long time and seems pretty trivial to add code at least permitting a mouse as a starter. 

As for its hard to get use to a PC game on a console:  itThe PC's keyboard and mouse at least solve a whole host of issues instead of the current design with the PS4 controller. 

Regardless it would be awesome to get someone to actually address the forums about where this stands.  KSP has been on the PS4 since 2016'ish right?  Maybe now is a good time to close the gap?

Posted (edited)

Personally I don't think the game is unplayable without keyboard and mouse but it would be a lot easier,  so many people say "you can't use a keyboard and mouse for KSP on console because it's a CONSOLE version" but what really makes it a console version of KSP is the fact that it will run on a console and you don't  not have to buy a PC to play the game i know they disabled it but I wish @SQUAD would at least take it into account that people want it I use KSP console and I love it but I would love if they added keyboard and mouse support. Now I know they won't but I just wish they would think about it.

Edited by sicko kerman

On January 25, 2019 at 12:34 AM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Yeah but it's a lot easier to move a curser with at least a mouse that's why every console game has aim assist is because it's harder to aim at things with a controller than it is with a mouse. It would be nice if they at least added mouse input so you can build crafts and check on things while in space a little easier.

• Like 1