[1.12.+] Superfluous Nodes [0.8] - Plethora of extra nodes for stock parts!

Geonovast

Three changes:

Expansions/SN_MH_Panels.cfg

Spoiler

//These patches requested by Barzon Kerman
//Adds switches to remove corner nodes from Making History Structural Panels

@PART[Panel*]:NEEDS[SquadExpansion/MakingHistory,SuperfluousNodes]:FOR[SuperfluousNodes]
{
	MODULE:NEEDS[ModuleB9PartSwitch]
	{
		name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
		moduleID = CornerSnip
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = All Nodes
			node = topleft
			node = lefttop
			node = topright
			node = righttop
			node = bottomleft
			node = leftbottom
			node = bottomright
			node = rightbottom
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = No Corner Nodes
		}
	}
}
@PART[Triangle*]:NEEDS[SquadExpansion/MakingHistory,SuperfluousNodes]:FOR[SuperfluousNodes]
{
	MODULE:NEEDS[ModuleB9PartSwitch]
	{
		name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
		moduleID = CornerSnip
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = All Nodes
			node = topleft
			node = lefttop
			node = topright
			node = righttop
			node = bottomleft
			node = leftbottom
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = No Corner Nodes
		}
	}
}

Expansions/SN_BG_Hinges.cfg

Spoiler

@PART[hinge_03_s]:NEEDS[SquadExpansion/Serenity,SuperfluousNodes]:FOR[SuperfluousNodes]
{
	node_stack_tipbottom = 0.07803125, 0.937498, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	node_stack_tiptop = -0.937498, -0.07803125, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0
	node_stack_bottomin = 0.046625, 0.468749, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0
	node_stack_topin = -0.468749, -0.046625, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	@MODULE[ModuleRoboticServoHinge]
	{
		@servoAttachNodes = top,tiptop,topin
	}
}
@PART[hinge_03]:NEEDS[SquadExpansion/Serenity,SuperfluousNodes]:FOR[SuperfluousNodes]
{
	node_stack_tipbottom = 0.155749, 1.874994, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
	node_stack_tiptop = -1.874994, -0.155749, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1
	node_stack_bottomin = 0.093251, 0.937497, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1
	node_stack_topin = -0.937497, -0.093251, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
	{
	}
}
@PART[hinge_04]:NEEDS[SquadExpansion/Serenity,SuperfluousNodes]:FOR[SuperfluousNodes]
{
	node_stack_tipbottom = 0.087755, 1.052186, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	node_stack_tiptop = -1.052186, -0.087755, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0
	node_stack_bottomin = 0.050245, 0.569934, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1
	node_stack_topin = -0.526093, -0.050245, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
	{
	}
}

please drop the _0.6 in the folder name - it sets my OCD ablaze. :o:P:D

the first two should quiet MM down. :D

• 2 years later...

Update, 0.7

•  Added nodes for new parts in 1.12
  • Removed top node for RCS block due to the part variants having 5-way. This line is just commented out, uncomment to get the node back
  • Reworked the Engine plate and tube patches to a much shorter wildcard based method
On 2/17/2020 at 7:49 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

please drop the _0.6 in the folder name - it sets my OCD ablaze. :o:P:D

Ugh, fine  :P

• 3 months later...

Just a heads-up @Geonovast, the CKAN listing for Superfluous Nodes still shows 0.6 as the latest version, with max compatible game version listed as 1.7.1.  I have no problem installing the 0.7 version from Spacedock manually, but it might be a source of confusion for someone in the future.

On 8/18/2022 at 12:22 AM, Nizrael said:

Just a heads-up @Geonovast, the CKAN listing for Superfluous Nodes still shows 0.6 as the latest version, with max compatible game version listed as 1.7.1.  I have no problem installing the 0.7 version from Spacedock manually, but it might be a source of confusion for someone in the future.

My support of CKAN extends as far as me checking the checkbox in Spacedock when I upload.  I checked and it's still enabled for the mod.  Please let the CKAN people know that you're having issues, I don't actually have any idea how CKAN operates.

6 hours ago, Geonovast said:

My support of CKAN extends as far as me checking the checkbox in Spacedock when I upload.  I checked and it's still enabled for the mod.  Please let the CKAN people know that you're having issues, I don't actually have any idea how CKAN operates.

Will do, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Geonovast,

Just tracked down an issue I was having to the latest release of this. I was suddenly unable to surface attach light strips, I could node attach them and drop them in containers but not surface attach them. It was most confusing.

It looks like the parsing of the attachRules is not well coded as changing all the lines in SN_utility.cfg that read:

@attachRules = 1, 1, 0, 0, 1

to (note the lack of spaces after the commas)

@attachRules = 1,1,0,0,1

seems to have fixed the issue for the lights I was having it with. You might also want to quickly check if you've made the same misstep elsewhere

• 3 months later...
On 9/6/2022 at 3:10 PM, Robin Patenall said:

Hi @Geonovast,

Just tracked down an issue I was having to the latest release of this. I was suddenly unable to surface attach light strips, I could node attach them and drop them in containers but not surface attach them. It was most confusing.

It looks like the parsing of the attachRules is not well coded as changing all the lines in SN_utility.cfg that read:

@attachRules = 1,1,0,0,1

seems to have fixed the issue for the lights I was having it with. You might also want to quickly check if you've made the same misstep elsewhere

Thankyou!  This is exactly the problem I was having.  

• 3 weeks later...

This mod is very useful, but I wish it would add something that squad clearly forgot about. An actual docking attachment point to the shielded docking port like the normal docking port has. This would save me so much time during the building of my missions. Honestly, it doesn't even have to go away if you close the shield, if that would take too much work to implement.

On 12/31/2022 at 7:21 PM, Clayel said:

This mod is very useful, but I wish it would add something that squad clearly forgot about. An actual docking attachment point to the shielded docking port like the normal docking port has. This would save me so much time during the building of my missions. Honestly, it doesn't even have to go away if you close the shield, if that would take too much work to implement.

@Geonovast

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 7:21 PM, Clayel said:

If anyone else is having this problem, I managed to fix it quite easily. All you have to do is go into the .cfg file for the shielded docking port (it's in gamedata/squad/parts/utility), and edit 2 things:

Change the attach rules to have a 1 in the third slot ("#,#,1,#,#")

Copy the "node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.2828832, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1" from the normal docking port file and past it above the "node_stack_bottom" in the shielded docking port file.

This adds a permanent node on the top of the docking port, it doesn't go away when you close the shield.

It would still be nice if the mod made it so you don't have to do it manually though.

Edited by Clayel

• 2 months later...
On 9/6/2022 at 9:10 PM, Robin Patenall said:

Hi @Geonovast,

@attachRules = 1,1,0,0,1

On 12/12/2022 at 5:23 AM, Chris G said:

Thankyou!  This is exactly the problem I was having.  

Same here too! This effects the light parts: domeLight1, navLight1, spotLight3, stripLight1 in the file ../[GameData]/SuperfluousNodes/SN_utility.cfg. Quick workaround was to write a cfg-file with following content:

// re-add surface mountability to these lights: domeLight1, navLight1, spotLight3, stripLight1
// [GameData]/SuperfluousNodes/SN_utility.cfg

@PART[domeLight1,navLight1,spotLight3,stripLight1]:NEEDS[SuperfluousNodes]:AFTER[SuperfluousNodes]
{
    @attachRules = 1,1,0,0,1
}

@Geonovast please consider updating this in the following release because the lights are meant to be attached on surface by the stock system.

Regards :)

Edited by LatiMacciato

• 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.