Starship Hopper mega-album

Clockwork13

43 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Pictures of what? What is that thing? Looks like a bad movie prop. 

It's SpaceX's test vehicle for their Starship (previously known as BFR). They're going to do some hover and landing tests with it to make sure the real one doesn't explode when landing.

I get a pics of the hopper and when i click "next post" unrelated stuff, to say the least.

Maybe OP wants to make sure that images in the album are limited to SpaceX stuff ? But idk ...

Edited by Green Baron

Well, now we know that @Vanamonde doesn't read the SpaceX thread... 

I'm wondering if maybe the SpaceX Starship development thread/discussion should be henceforth continued in this thread (no need to move old posts), and free up the SpaceX thread for missions and launches? 

Thanks for the album!

Edited by StrandedonEarth

3 minutes ago, Cassel said:

They want this to be reusable space ship? Is there anyone who believes in these foolishness? It will end up like Mars one.

This is an test rocket for testing landings like the old grasshopper, it will never go supersonic unless they expand tests.

33 minutes ago, Cassel said:

They want this to be reusable space ship? Is there anyone who believes in these foolishness? It will end up like Mars one.

I dunno, any NASA guy would have rushed out and say something if this was a fraud indeed.

Edited by Xd the great

8 hours ago, Cassel said:

As mentioned, this is just a test article. Also, yes, there are plenty of people who believe in this "foolishness", as you put it. If SpaceX were some company running out of a garage on venture capital, without a steady source of income or any experience in building rockets, then I would doubt their proposal. But they aren't. They aren't even the plucky upstart anymore. They're one of the biggest players (if not the biggest player) in the heavy-lift launch market, with over 60 Falcon 9 launches under their belt and over 200 metric tons of payload in orbit. They know what they're doing.

Edited by IncongruousGoat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.