What's Your Favorite KSP Version?

The newest version. I fear no mod updates, 90% of them work fine on patch day anyway, and the few that don't are usually nonessential and quickly brought in line. I do still maintain multiple installs of previous versions though, stock and modded, to preserve save files and transfer crafts.

I started playing ksp when 1.1.2 was released. So far 1.3.1 is my favorite because of it's stability and vast selection of compatible mods. And a couple of epic saves. I've just lost interest finished my last 1.3.1 science career and moved on to a full 1.6 career. With the adding of the Dv/TWR readout 1.6(.x) could kick 1.3.1 of its throne...

That's a tough question. It's not 1.5, I completely skipped 1.5. I'm tempted to say 1.3.1, because a few things I have are still being played in that version. 1.6 is new enough that not all mods are working, and many have been abandoned, but it has some cool stuff... 1.4.5 is also used, but less commonly than 1.3.1... And Realism Overhaul is still 1.2 for me.

So I'm going to go ahead and say "Version 1.8" and hope that the devs make it a good update!

You will laugh on me, but my favorite KSP version is the 1.0 Demo! :)

It was what convinced me to buy the thing at first place - and at that time, I was a complete newbie on the game so everything was shining and new and fun and… stupidly awesome (and not awesomely stupid, as most things I'm doing now! :sticktongue:).

(old dogs, new tricks - you know the drill)

• 5 weeks later...

1.0.0, as it's the version I'm stuck on. I can't update it as it needs admin permission, so I've just resigned to the fact that if I want to play current KSP I'll have to buy it again. 1.0.0 is missing a whole lot of useful things (such as more engines and the Mk1 crew cabin) but it's just fun to play on

1 minute ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

1.0.0, as it's the version I'm stuck on. I can't update it as it needs admin permission, so I've just resigned to the fact that if I want to play current KSP I'll have to buy it again. 1.0.0 is missing a whole lot of useful things (such as more engines and the Mk1 crew cabin) but it's just fun to play on

OH MY! YOU ARE IN KSP POVERTY!

I am so sorry that you have to endure that pain of seeing new features announced but never ever getting to play them!

4 hours ago, Fraston said:

1.7 if it integrates KIS into stock (not a joke, the installation is impossible for me and it is the best mod ever besides KER

This is probably the wrong place for a KIS installation guide but when you download the mod there should be a zip file with a GameData folder inside it. You need to put everything inside that folder into the main GameData in KSP’s root folder.

6 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

In what terrible hellscape do you live, in that you have the means and ability to purchase games on your computer but no rights or ability to update them?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.