Johnster_Space_Program

What's Your Favorite KSP Version?

What's your favorite version of Kerbal Space Program? Mine is 1.2.2, since that was the newest version out when I started playing. What's Yours?

1.2_loud_and_clear.jpg

Unless you are an RSS/RO player (see the above post), you would probably be tempted to say “the newest version”. Although, personally, I have only started playing with 1.6 yesterday, when all my mods were updated.

• Like 1

Up until I actually jumped into 1.6.1, I would say 1.3.1.  But I'm rather pleased with 1.6.1 so far.

• Like 1

The newest version. I fear no mod updates, 90% of them work fine on patch day anyway, and the few that don't are usually nonessential and quickly brought in line. I do still maintain multiple installs of previous versions though, stock and modded, to preserve save files and transfer crafts.

• Like 1

I started playing ksp when 1.1.2 was released. So far 1.3.1 is my favorite because of it's stability and vast selection of compatible mods. And a couple of epic saves. I've just lost interest finished my last 1.3.1 science career and moved on to a full 1.6 career. With the adding of the Dv/TWR readout 1.6(.x) could kick 1.3.1 of its throne...

• Like 1

1.3.1.  I'm still on it actually.  0.18 and 0.24 also stand out in my mind as pretty good.

• Like 2

Yeah, starting today, I've started playing 1.6.1, it has a lot of improvements over 1.2.2, like the delta v indicator for each stage (which is something I like a lot)

Version 0.16, because then Kerbals could finally GET OUT OF THEIR SPACESHIPS! Was a major breakthrough in space exploration. 

• Like 2

For purely personal reasons 0.23.5 was a big one for me. However if you go by which version would I choose to do a brand new career in today, 1.6.1 hands down, no contest.

• Like 2

1.6.1 is my favourite version so far. Part revamps, performance improvements, delta-V, I mean, what more could you want? :cool:

• Like 2

That's a tough question. It's not 1.5, I completely skipped 1.5. I'm tempted to say 1.3.1, because a few things I have are still being played in that version. 1.6 is new enough that not all mods are working, and many have been abandoned, but it has some cool stuff... 1.4.5 is also used, but less commonly than 1.3.1... And Realism Overhaul is still 1.2 for me.

So I'm going to go ahead and say "Version 1.8" and hope that the devs make it a good update!

• Like 4

Version 1.6.1 has been remarkable stable for me. As good as 1.3.1 so far...

• Like 1

You will laugh on me, but my favorite KSP version is the 1.0 Demo! :)

It was what convinced me to buy the thing at first place - and at that time, I was a complete newbie on the game so everything was shining and new and fun and… stupidly awesome (and not awesomely stupid, as most things I'm doing now! :sticktongue:).

(old dogs, new tricks - you know the drill)

• Like 2