[1.12.x ] Outer Kerbin

dxeh

Outer Kerbin 
An expansion to the Kerbin system

Have you completely explored Kerbin?
Have you mined Minmus for your refuel stations?
Have you explored every anomaly at the surface of the Mun?
But going to Eve or Duna isn't your kind of game?

Than "Outer Kerbin" might be what you are looking for!
You get to explore more, close to home!

Tw6P5tq.jpg

Spoiler

Phybi
35EWybD.jpg

Iszmi
zELzp02.jpg

Location in Kerbin SOI
BZQgubg.jpg

Phybi SOI
8kmDtT3.jpg

Outer Kerbin adds the planet "Phybi" to the Kerbin sphere of Influence.
Phybi is in orbit around Kerbin just beyond Minmus and might be tricky to capture on your first few attempts. (SMA 65000000, Inc 12)
Orbiting around this planet is the small-sized moon called "Iszmi".
Both bodies are vacuum planets and have low-gravity somewhere between the numbers of the Mun and Minmus.
Both bodies have a full world biome map, so theres enough for you to explore.

Delta-V Calculations
Numbers are calculated based on quick runs. No circularization around Phybi. Straight to Surface. So extra dV is adviced!
From Lower Kerbin Orbit to Phybi Surface = 2520 m/s
From Phybi Surface to Kerbin Re-Entry = 980 m/s
Phybi Surface Touch & Return to Kerbin = 3500 m/s

Latest Release v1.2
oYvtZpW.png

DEPENDENCY
Kopernicus

COMPATABILITY
Outer Kerbin should be compatible with all planetpack that do NOT alter the stock system's planet locations.
Please notify me when it's not complatible with another planetpack!

Confirmed to work with: Atoren, DwarfPlanetsPlus, KerbolOrigins, OPM, Planet Cyran, The Plod System, The Varuta System , Trans-Keptunian, Moho Moons Mod and Miporia Planet Pack.

IMAGE GALLERY
Imgur Album

VIDEO
Outer Kerbin Preview

Trip to Iszmi

LICENCE
Outer Kerbin is licenced under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

THANKING the awesome people over at the Kopernicus Discord for their help on getting to know how to create planets for KSP.
@SnailsAttack @Gameslinx @Poodmund and others who've proven to be an helping hand!

A Special shoutout to @Kottabos for his awesome video preview of Outer Kerbin on YT.! Give him a subscribe on his channel!

Shoutout to @Johnster_Space_Program for featuring Outer Kerbin in his YouTube serie!

Note that this being my first planet-pack for KSP, im looking forward on feedback!
Have you encountered issues, please notify me, and ill try my best to get rid of it!

lMOxt2k.png

Edited by dxeh
Updated for 1.12x

Looks great, but every time I reach Phybi's SoI the game locks up. Kopernicus is installed, no other planets added. Got DOE, Kethane Mining & ScanSat installed, not sure if the modify planets or not, but nothing else I'm using appears to affect planets at all. Any ideas where I might be going wrong? Incidentally, I'm warping to the SoI change using MechJeb2 Warp Helper.

On 2/2/2019 at 1:02 PM, Sthom_1968 said:

Looks great, but every time I reach Phybi's SoI the game locks up. Kopernicus is installed, no other planets added. Got DOE, Kethane Mining & ScanSat installed, not sure if the modify planets or not, but nothing else I'm using appears to affect planets at all. Any ideas where I might be going wrong? Incidentally, I'm warping to the SoI change using MechJeb2 Warp Helper.

Never had that issue while testing it on both stock-version and fully modded version of KSP.

Did you try warping without MechJeb2 Warp Helper, as i haven't ever used it. (or even known about it's existence)

On 2/2/2019 at 7:02 AM, Sthom_1968 said:

I have had no issues, and I regularly use MechJeb2 Warp Helper.  While I run lots of mods, I don't have Kethane.

I've done some digging and there seems to be a potential issue with Kethane & Kopernicus when  Modular Flight Integrator is installed. I think it got installed as a suggestion/dependency from another mod, although uninstalling MFI doesn't seem to have uninstalled anything else. Hopefully I can give it a try over the weekend and report back.

On 2/8/2019 at 11:55 PM, Sthom_1968 said:

I've done some digging and there seems to be a potential issue with Kethane & Kopernicus when  Modular Flight Integrator is installed. I think it got installed as a suggestion/dependency from another mod, although uninstalling MFI doesn't seem to have uninstalled anything else. Hopefully I can give it a try over the weekend and report back.

Funny, as i normaly run Kethane with Kopernicus without probs :)

Watched KottabosGames video and noticed some questionable values. (also in your OP - "Both bodies are vacuum planets and have low-gravity somewhere between the numbers of the Mun and Minmus")

Body Radius (km) Gravity (g @ ASL)
Mun 200 .166
Minmus 60 .05
Phybi 100 .25
Iszmi 13 .1

The Gravity for your moons are too high. (unless they are solid metal bodies, Iron? Lead?)

Someone else can do the real math, (Sorry Physics classes were WAY to long ago) but Phybi should probably be about .08 and Iszmi should be about .005. (Its the same size as Gilly which is also .005)

As can be seen in the chart above yours are way to high for their size.

52 minutes ago, BlackHat said:

Watched KottabosGames video and noticed some questionable values. (also in your OP - "Both bodies are vacuum planets and have low-gravity somewhere between the numbers of the Mun and Minmus")

Made the bodys to be enjoyable, not realistic. but will look into it.. Thnx for the feedback anyway!

1 hour ago, BlackHat said:

Mun 200 .166
Minmus 60 .05
Phybi 100 .25
Iszmi 13 .1

The Gravity for your moons are too high. (unless they are solid metal bodies, Iron? Lead?)

Someone else can do the real math, (Sorry Physics classes were WAY to long ago) but Phybi should probably be about .08 and Iszmi should be about .005. (Its the same size as Gilly which is also .005)

Because the rest of the stock system so closely approximates reality?

I'd just take it as Phybi and Iszmi got a double-dose of whatever it is that makes the rest of the planets so freakin' dense.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Great to hear. Looking forward to your content.

About update,  not currently seeing the need to update it. should be working with current version of ksp and no issues have been mentioned worth updating at this state.

As for the gravity, tend to keep it as it is at this moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 2:16 PM, BlackHat said:

Mun 200 .166
Minmus 60 .05
Phybi 100 .25
Iszmi 13 .1

thou hast forgotten the concept of "density"?

3 hours ago, Noah the Smol said:

thou hast forgotten the concept of "density"?

No As I mentioned..... "The Gravity for your moons are too high. (unless they are solid metal bodies, Iron? Lead?)"

Both the Mun and Minmus has a density of about 29 G/CC ~1/2 Density of Kerbin

Phybi has a density of about 87 g/cc ~1.5 times the density of Kerbin

Iszmi has a density of about 280 G/CC ~ 5 times the density of Kerbin and about 21 times the density of Gilly (its the same size as Gilly)

All the other bodies (Except Kerbol and Jool) range from about 13 g/cc to 60 g/cc with Eve the highest at about 87 g/cc, and thus Iszmi is also 3 times denser than Eve.

The OP stated: Both bodies are vacuum planets and have low-gravity somewhere between the numbers of the Mun and Minmus.

Clearly Phybi, is not between Mun and Minmus, for gravity. and while Iszmi is between Mun and Minmus, it is also Very high for its radius.

I merely stated my opinion that the surface gravity for both bodies were too high, (based on the other bodies in the Kerbal system) and that still remains my opinion.  I do understand density, I just felt they were too dense.

BUT the Mod Author has stated he is happy with the stats as is, as he made the bodies to be fun, not realistic.

The Mod Author has spoken..... So let it be written, so let it be done

(which was why I made no further comments)

Edited by BlackHat

On 4/18/2019 at 6:55 PM, BlackHat said:

No As I mentioned..... "The Gravity for your moons are too high. (unless they are solid metal bodies, Iron? Lead?)"

Both the Mun and Minmus has a density of about 29 G/CC ~1/2 Density of Kerbin

Phybi has a density of about 87 g/cc ~1.5 times the density of Kerbin

Iszmi has a density of about 280 G/CC ~ 5 times the density of Kerbin and about 21 times the density of Gilly (its the same size as Gilly)

All the other bodies (Except Kerbol and Jool) range from about 13 g/cc to 60 g/cc with Eve the highest at about 87 g/cc, and thus Iszmi is also 3 times denser than Eve.

The OP stated: Both bodies are vacuum planets and have low-gravity somewhere between the numbers of the Mun and Minmus.

Clearly Phybi, is not between Mun and Minmus, for gravity. and while Iszmi is between Mun and Minmus, it is also Very high for its radius.

I merely stated my opinion that the surface gravity for both bodies were too high, (based on the other bodies in the Kerbal system) and that still remains my opinion.  I do understand density, I just felt they were too dense.

BUT the Mod Author has stated he is happy with the stats as is, as he made the bodies to be fun, not realistic.

The Mod Author has spoken..... So let it be written, so let it be done

(which was why I made no further comments)

Sorry! My bad. I had no idea!

On 4/13/2019 at 2:37 AM, SuppaTenko said:

Iszmi 'The remains' biome doen't work. It turns to 'The frozen lakes'

I think you need to change it's color to something else inside map and config file.

Will look into this as soon as i'm back from holiday. As for an issue state on FB, regarding "explode on landing in 1.7"

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.