[1.12.x ] Outer Kerbin

dxeh

On 7/15/2019 at 12:42 PM, Mr.DingALing said:

Outer Kerbin should be compatible with Outer Planets Mod, right?

Confirmed to work with: Atoren, DwarfPlanetsPlus, KerbolOrigins, OPM, Planet Cyran, The Plod System, The Varuta System , Trans-Keptunian, Moho Moons Mod and Miporia Planet Pack. All at the same time, no conflicts.
I think, it will work with any mod that doesn't affect Kerbin and it's moons.

On 7/20/2019 at 2:20 AM, Shawn Kerman said:

is it okey if I expand your pack? ( I won't upload it without your permission) also Outer kerbin is compatible with XPCR

If you wish to use it as a base, but don't run away with the credits of them im ok with it :sticktongue:

Got plans to extend the pack in the future when i find some time myself.

On 7/15/2019 at 11:42 AM, Mr.DingALing said:

Outer Kerbin should be compatible with Outer Planets Mod, right?

Yes Sir!

On 7/18/2019 at 9:52 PM, SuppaTenko said:

Confirmed to work with: Atoren, DwarfPlanetsPlus, KerbolOrigins, OPM, Planet Cyran, The Plod System, The Varuta System , Trans-Keptunian, Moho Moons Mod and Miporia Planet Pack. All at the same time, no conflicts.
I think, it will work with any mod that doesn't affect Kerbin and it's moons.

Cool thanks for letting me know, and yes, basically the mod should work with every pack that indeed, does not alter kerbin and its moons ;)

Edited by dxeh

How about adding some cool details? Breaking Grounds introduced surface features. Let's see...

Phybi and Iszmi have relatively high gravity. You did it for fun, and personally I'm ok with it. You can exploit it here. You can add something like surface crystals from Kerbin (not the same model and color of course) in Phybi's lowlands here and there and make science definitions like "It seems that long time ago Phybi had very dense and hot mantle and core with lots of heavy metals in it. Now it is cold and solid. Meteorite bombardments revealed Phybi's mantle materials in lowlands. This particular crystal is very heavy and dense. It consists mostly of various Plumbides and Natrolite. Another pain in head for Lab boys."
And do the same with Iszmi! Add another crystals - different shape and colour or something. The science definition can be like this:
"Spectroscope tells that Iszmi's mantle crystals are alomost 25% lighter than Phybi's. The composition is almost the same. But there are also light additives characteristic of Dress Asteroids Belt bodies. It seems that Iszmi was born from massive disaster in distant past. Linus Kerman thinks that lower density Dress Belt asteroid crashed on Phybi and ejected both light and heavy materials that later formed Iszmi."

It's lore-friendly way to explain why gravity is stronger then it should be (Phybi and Iszmi consist of heavy metals like Bismut, Lead and Barium) and to add some notable features.
Another idea is to add small Mercury puddles - "We haven't found water and life on Phybi. But there's another liquid - Mercury! It becomes liquid on day-time and solidifies on night-time."

Planet's gravity and heavy elements are not the only topic. You can play around Phybi's reddish color or something.
The only problem is I don't know if Kopernicus makes it possible.

I also want to do ResearchBodies patch for this mod and create science definitions for DMagic orbital science. I can do it myself, but I need to wait till my new KSP gaming rig is ready. My current pc can't have more than 8Gb of ram, and my mod-heavy KSP pack works like slideshow and boots way too long.

28 minutes ago, SuppaTenko said:

How about adding some cool details? Breaking Grounds introduced surface features. Let's see...

i like your idea, but i think i don't have that much knowledge of ksp-modding at this moment to make it happen.
But i'm willing to learn if some can show me the way hehe.

Than the other thing, find the time to do so hehe. 

Oh, and i finaly did that biome fix for Iszmi... and adjusted the gravity for both planets while doing so.

Version 1.1 is available now!

Edited by dxeh

On 7/21/2019 at 10:04 PM, dxeh said:

Oh, and i finaly did that biome fix for Iszmi... and adjusted the gravity for both planets while doing so.

Thank you. 

On 7/21/2019 at 10:04 PM, dxeh said:

But i'm willing to learn if some can show me the way hehe.

I asked in Kopernicus thread. I'll try to find any mods with surface features and see what I can do. I want to fix some old-old-old planet packs with old PQS and I also want to try some new features in progress. Will share here in case of any progress. But still... My PC kills my enthusiasm slow and steady.

• 3 weeks later...

This little planet pack is so perfect for me.   I love playing the early game where I do missions to the Mun and Minmus, and do a lot of surveys of Kerbin via aircraft.  But the leap to inter-planetary missions is large and feels like a whole other game.  Now i have some more things to do before I'm ready to strap on heavier thrusters and leave Kerbin's SOI!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 6:51 PM, SuppaTenko said:

New KSP rig inbound, ETA - 2 weeks. Woo-hoo!

@dxeh Are you ok if I play around with your mod and try to implement surface features and science definitions for DMagic Orbital Science, SCAN and maybe Interkosmos? I'll post MM patches here if everything is ok.

That would be awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2019 at 12:51 AM, SuppaTenko said:

New KSP rig inbound, ETA - 2 weeks. Woo-hoo!

@dxeh Are you ok if I play around with your mod and try to implement surface features and science definitions for DMagic Orbital Science, SCAN and maybe Interkosmos? I'll post MM patches here if everything is ok.

whoooaaaa. late response, but go ahead!.. curious on the outcome!

2 hours ago, dxeh said:

whoooaaaa. late response, but go ahead!.. curious on the outcome!

Not so late. Russian post still holds my CPU and RAM somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Well... I know last tracking spot. And I know next destination. But I don't think that it needs more than two weeks to transfer it from one city to another. So I'm still waiting for my rig. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not dead. Just waiting for Kopernicus. Done most of DMagic and SCAN definitions by the way. Adding surface features won't be easy.

---

Ok, Kopernicus is up to date. I hope that I will be able to post additional SciDefs around sunday.
Which is the best way to do it? Via Github pull request? Or can I just post MM patch here?

Edited by SuppaTenko
staying alive

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 4:27 PM, Drupegod02 said:

Iszmi's biomes are broken

I came to the thread to report this - I scanned down the planet and found only a single biome. However, after taking a look in the configuration file I have found that the biome color values used are not correctly defined as per Kopernicus' system. It would seem the WIP branch was supposed to be used for the release, but the master/release branch was instead without being merged.

Go to the repository, switch to the WIP branch, and download the archive (not the release), this will give you the GameData folder you need. Remove the old, and put the new in, and you should have working biomes.

• 1 month later...

On 11/17/2020 at 9:27 AM, Drupegod02 said:

Iszmi's biomes are broken

On 5/18/2021 at 12:39 PM, Tivec said:

I came to the thread to report this - I scanned down the planet and found only a single biome. However, after taking a look in the configuration file I have found that the biome color values used are not correctly defined as per Kopernicus' system. It would seem the WIP branch was supposed to be used for the release, but the master/release branch was instead without being merged.

Go to the repository, switch to the WIP branch, and download the archive (not the release), this will give you the GameData folder you need. Remove the old, and put the new in, and you should have working biomes.

I have the exact same thing to report.  (well at least the part about all the overlay colors showing biomes... all register as "The Frozen Lakes")   I'm running 1.12

And, I just put 3 unmanned landers in orbit.   :( 

• 2 months later...

Checking back again to see if anything has changed...  for Iszmi biomes since I posted back in May.

I am using CKAN to load my mods, so if biomes were fixed... they are not fixed in which ever repositories store the mod files used by CKAN.   I also load KSPIE too so there are a LOT of dependencies that auto load from that (could something there be conflicting?)

OR, Is there some simple fix I can do by changing something in my files? ... but will that get wiped out the next time CKAN updates?

Checking back again to see if anything has changed...  for Iszmi biomes since I posted back in May.

I am using CKAN to load my mods, so if biomes were fixed... they are not fixed in which ever repositories store the mod files used by CKAN.   I also load KSPIE too so there are a LOT of dependencies that auto load from that (could something there be conflicting?)

OR, Is there some simple fix I can do by changing something in my files? ... but will that get wiped out the next time CKAN updates?

Edit (addition):  I followed the link to the repository from CKAN and clicked around until I found a work in Progress section and downloaded "Outer-Kerbin-WIP.zip" expanded it.  Removed "Outer-Kerbin" folder from my GameData, copied in "Outer-Kerbin-WIP" folder.   Watched as the splash screens loaded though each mod and got to the complete message.  Then the  sound started and the Loading... with rotating planets appears and never goes away.   I noticed the the removed folder was put back.  Deleted it again and removed the -WIP from the folder name.

Same results now TWO "Outer-Kerbin" folders exist.

Giving up, removing both, uninstalling with CKAN.. and reinstalling gets me back to the game loads but still with the broken biomes on Iszmi)

How do I get the WIP files to work with CKAN?

Edited by jake0042

On 9/30/2021 at 8:23 PM, jake0042 said:

Edit (addition):  I followed the link to the repository from CKAN and clicked around until I found a work in Progress section and downloaded "Outer-Kerbin-WIP.zip" expanded it.  Removed "Outer-Kerbin" folder from my GameData, copied in "Outer-Kerbin-WIP" folder.   Watched as the splash screens loaded though each mod and got to the complete message.  Then the  sound started and the Loading... with rotating planets appears and never goes away.   I noticed the the removed folder was put back.  Deleted it again and removed the -WIP from the folder name.

Same results now TWO "Outer-Kerbin" folders exist.

Giving up, removing both, uninstalling with CKAN.. and reinstalling gets me back to the game loads but still with the broken biomes on Iszmi)

How do I get the WIP files to work with CKAN?

Remove the mod in CKAN, this will have to be a manual install. Make sure you don't remove Kopernicus though, that one is a dependency.

The zip file contains the folder Outer-Kerbin-WIP. Open this, and copy the Outer-Kerbin folder you find there over to the GameData folder. The files will not be touched by CKAN updates, unless you install that particular mod from there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2021 at 3:52 AM, Tivec said:

Remove the mod in CKAN, this will have to be a manual install. Make sure you don't remove Kopernicus though, that one is a dependency.

The zip file contains the folder Outer-Kerbin-WIP. Open this, and copy the Outer-Kerbin folder you find there over to the GameData folder. The files will not be touched by CKAN updates, unless you install that particular mod from there.

Thanks!! that worked, now to figure out where to spend all this newfound science :)

7 hours ago, jake0042 said:

Thanks!! that worked, now to figure out where to spend all this newfound science :)

Best part of new planets :) I'm starting a new game with this and MANY other planet packs, so Phybi/Iszmi will be great stepping stones for the rest of the galaxy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.