[1.12.x] SIMPLEX Kerbalism 3.15

theJesuit

Update on the science...

I think I've worked this so that the early few nodes with  get 4 experiments.  Like 4 for start.. then first few tiers will get 4 experiements eaxh, the next few tier will get 3 experiements each but worth more, and the last few wil get 2 experiements each, but will be worth quite a lot.

In reagrds to the Tetrix TechTree that means that for the three tiers accessible on level 1 R&D you'll get 4 experiements per tier, the three tiers of level2 R&D 3 experiements per tier etc. These are spread across crewed, stock, and probe only.

I've also decided that I'll have two additional 'start' nodes that can be bypassed.  They'll be cheap will contain plane parts for those early biomes as the spread of parts across 5 x 15sci nodes is too much playing on my favoured 50% science.  It won't affect starting uncrewed.

I've gotten rid of experiment slot and samples slot and HDD size upgrades too.  That keeps it very simple.

Uodate by New Year?

2 hours ago, Chen Rossii said:

Hi

Thank you for that mod.

There is a problem with monopropellant on recovery missions. 

Hi,

You're welcome for the mod and welcome to the Forums!

What is the problem on recovery missions?  I don't usually play them, so may have missed some troubleshooting.

Peace.

20 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Hi,

You're welcome for the mod and welcome to the Forums!

What is the problem on recovery missions?  I don't usually play them, so may have missed some troubleshooting.

Peace.

Thank you.

This is a standard bug for kerbalism, in default config fixed. When you take recovered kerbal his monopropellant tank is empty and there is no other option like recover full ship.

Game generate vehicles with empty tanks.

2 hours ago, Chen Rossii said:

Thank you.

This is a standard bug for kerbalism, in default config fixed. When you take recovered kerbal his monopropellant tank is empty and there is no other option like recover full ship.

Game generate vehicles with empty tanks.

Is this fixed in the default config?  I'll look into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, 

Thanks you for that mod, it's awesome !

I've got an issue since the latest update 1.11.  When I'm doing EVA, the jetpack's tank is systematically empty. There is not this issue with kerbalism-config, only with Simplex. It seems that the EVA fuel is not recognize as monopropellant by the mod. Can you help me ?

4 hours ago, Sapi said:

Hey there, 

I've got an issue since the latest update 1.11.  When I'm doing EVA, the jetpack's tank is systematically empty. There is not this issue with kerbalism-config, only with Simplex. It seems that the EVA fuel is not recognize as monopropellant by the mod. Can you help me ?

I'm aware of the issue.  But away currently so have t been able to update.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm using Simplex Kerbalism and wanted to use Global Construction for off-world building, but noticed too late that it uses the ISRU to produce its metal ressources, which conflicts with Kerbalisms VAB-configurable ISRUs. (So now I'm a few kerbal-years into a career save, because of course I am... ;.;)

Is there a way to change the mods config to convert the ISRUs back to stock behavior while keeping the rest the same? Or alternatively change Global Constructions ISRU patch to work with Simplex Kerbalisms configurable modules?

(I've used mods for a long time but I never tried to mod mods, so sry if those are stupid questions, but I figured asking is worth a try.)

4 hours ago, lordminx said:

Is there a way to change the mods config to convert the ISRUs back to stock behavior while keeping the rest the same? Or alternatively change Global Constructions ISRU patch to work with Simplex Kerbalisms configurable modules?

Yes. In the profile simplex.cfg find the isru sections and delete them

• 1 month later...

Any update on this issue?

On 1/9/2021 at 4:27 AM, Sapi said:

Hey there, 

On 1/9/2021 at 8:45 AM, theJesuit said:

I'm aware of the issue.  But away currently so have t been able to update.

5 hours ago, uglyduckling81 said:

Any update on this issue?

Well, yes.  Except I've horrendously RLing and haven't had time to update. 

In KerbalismConfig there is an MM patch that you can copy over. I'll look it up and paste it here soon.

EDIT: put this into a file, perhaps called EVA.cfg in the KerbalismSimplex/System folder.

// ============================================================================
// EVA propellant patching : KSP 1.5 > 1.10
// Use Monoprop as eva propellant, and set the initial amount to zero
// Patch for Kerbalism Simplex

@PART[kerbalEVA*]:FOR[KerbalismSimplex]
{
  @MODULE[KerbalEVA]
  {
    @propellantResourceName = MonoPropellant
  }

// This won't do anything in KSP 1.11+
  @RESOURCE[EVA?Propellant]
  {
    @name = MonoPropellant
    @amount = 0
    @maxAmount = 5
  }
}
// KSP 1.11+ handling : propellant is stored on the jetpack inventory part
@PART[evaJetpack]:FOR[KerbalismSimplex]
{
  {
    @name = MonoPropellant
  }
}
// Patch the 1.11+ "eva fuel cylinders" inventory item with MP
@PART[evaCylinder]:FOR[KerbalismSimplex]
{
  {
    @name = MonoPropellant
  }
}
// EVA Kerbals can remote control a probe
@PART[kerbalEVA*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleTripLogger]]:FOR[KerbalismSimplex]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleProbeControlPoint]
	{
		%minimumCrew = 1
		%multiHop = False
	}
}
@PART[kerbalEVA*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleTripLogger]]:FOR[zzzKerbalismSimplex]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleCommand]
	{
		%minimumCrew = 0
		%hasHibernation = False
	}
}

Edited by theJesuit

8 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Well, yes.  Except I've horrendously RLing and haven't had time to update. 

In KerbalismConfig there is an MM patch that you can copy over. I'll look it up and paste it here soon.

EDIT: put this into a file, perhaps called EVA.cfg in the KerbalismSimplex/System folder.

// EVA propellant patching : KSP 1.5 > 1.10
// Use Monoprop as eva propellant, and set the initial amount to zero
// Patch for Kerbalism Simplex

@PART[kerbalEVA*]:FOR[KerbalismSimplex]
{
  @MODULE[KerbalEVA]
  {
    @propellantResourceName = MonoPropellant
  }

// This won't do anything in KSP 1.11+
  {
    @name = MonoPropellant
    @amount = 0
    @maxAmount = 5
  }
}
// KSP 1.11+ handling : propellant is stored on the jetpack inventory part
@PART[evaJetpack]:FOR[KerbalismSimplex]
{
  {
    @name = MonoPropellant
  }
}
// Patch the 1.11+ "eva fuel cylinders" inventory item with MP
@PART[evaCylinder]:FOR[KerbalismSimplex]
{
  {
    @name = MonoPropellant
  }
}
// EVA Kerbals can remote control a probe
@PART[kerbalEVA*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleTripLogger]]:FOR[KerbalismSimplex]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleProbeControlPoint]
	{
		%minimumCrew = 1
		%multiHop = False
	}
}
@PART[kerbalEVA*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleTripLogger]]:FOR[zzzKerbalismSimplex]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleCommand]
	{
		%minimumCrew = 0
		%hasHibernation = False
	}
}

You absolute legend.

I'm just getting into manned flight on this play through. I was thinking I'd have to halt the play to wait on this fix.

Worked like a charm.

• 1 month later...

An update is coming very soon.  It is a major update.

The only upgrades that you'll have are in the size of HDD and samples.  There are only two upgrades each and beginning sizes are increased to compensate.

The Science overhaul is game breaking.  You could copy out the old kerbalism science which I'll include as an extra.  It includes probe core sciences for each tier but for a variety of different situations.  Also, non command crew cabin RELAX science, a cupola VISTA and and a greenhouse experiment to give greenhouses a purpose.  This last one creates a sample whcih is either returned to Kerbin or analysed in the lab like the goo and the science jr.  There are also three science lab experiments.

I'm doing the balance of the science amounts currently.

The monoprop eva is also fixed.

I've also gone through and adjusted properly the supported mods.  There shouldn't be an issue having B9 part switch without CRP because of Uranite.

As before stock styled conversions for Ore to LFO.  But I do still recommend Simplex Resources.

Also,  the containers for the Air and Consumables are changing.  The Air and bad are have been borrowed from kerbalism 4.0 in development (it is a long way away unless some coders want to jump in amd get their hands filthy).  The Consumables are slightly altered stock containers copies without the inventories.

PEACE.

Edited by theJesuit

2 hours ago, theJesuit said:

The only upgrades that you'll have are in the size of HDD and samples.  There are only two upgrades each and beginning sizes are increased to compensate.

The Science overhaul is game breaking.  You could copy out the old kerbalism science which I'll include as an extra.  It includes probe core sciences for each tier but for a variety of different situations.  Also, non command crew cabin RELAX science, a cupola VISTA and and a greenhouse experiment to give greenhouses a purpose.  This last one creates a sample whcih is either returned to Kerbin or analysed in the lab like the goo and the science jr.  There are also three science lab experiments.

I've also gone through and adjusted properly the supported mods.  There shouldn't be an issue having B9 part switch without CRP because of Uranite.

As before stock styled conversions for Ore to LFO.  But I do still recommend Simplex Resources.

Also,  the containers for the Air and Consumables are changing.  The Air and bad are have been borrowed from kerbalism 4.0 in development (it is a long way away unless some coders want to jump in amd get their hands filthy).  The Consumables are slightly altered stock containers copies without the inventories.

PEACE.

Looking forward to this update, it's about time I had another Kerbalism game on the go!

On 5/17/2021 at 3:06 AM, theJesuit said:

PEACE.

Awesome - I’m really excited! Would you say it’s coming out soon enough that I should wait before starting a new game with it, or is it more long term where I’d probably be fine starting one with the current version (+Tetrix tech tree)

1 hour ago, CessnaSkyhawk said:

Would you say it’s coming out soon enough

I have a single little issue I'd like to iron out in final testing with SSPX and B9PartSwitch which seems to want to load Extraplanetary Launchpads.

So I'm guessing this Saturday morning NZ time? I'd also like to start a game this weekend too :)

Peace.

Edited by theJesuit

25 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

I have a single little issue I'd like to iron out in final testing with SSPX and B9PartSwitch which seems to want to load Extraplanetary Launchpads.

So I'm guessing this Saturday morning NZ time? I'd also like to start a game this weekend too :)

Peace.

Awesome - can't wait to test it out :)

1 hour ago, Cruesoe said:

Looking forward to this!

I almost exclusively play JNSQ these days, will the experiment times scale or are they based on hours and thus will take half the number of days in JNSQ?

I really have no idea.  I want to play my next playthrough on JNSQ... im guessing whatever happens in vanilla kerbalism happens in simplex too?

13 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

I really have no idea.  I want to play my next playthrough on JNSQ... im guessing whatever happens in vanilla kerbalism happens in simplex too?

Ok so the hours are likely to stay the same therefore the days will be half as each day is 12 hours. That's what happens in default Kerbalism.

For JNSQ we might want to look at a custom config to increase duration of experiments and habitat times. Happy to collaborate on this.

25 minutes ago, Cruesoe said:

Ok so the hours are likely to stay the same therefore the days will be half as each day is 12 hours. That's what happens in default Kerbalism.

For JNSQ we might want to look at a custom config to increase duration of experiments and habitat times. Happy to collaborate on this.

I could probably help as well - I’ve got a little MM patch experience, and I’m playing on a 2.5x scale GPP so my days are different too (10 hours instead of 6). Maybe we could just put in a config value that multiplies all time values by a set factor that the user sets/MM detects?

Edited by CessnaSkyhawk

21 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Sounds great thanks.  Hopefully have it out.  I think it could be patched actually,  or a :NEEDS config used.  What is a year in JNSQ?

A year in JNSQ is 365 days exactly. 12 hours per day. I made a real world calendar that works with Kronometer to give you actual dates and months.

Edited by Cruesoe

3 hours ago, Cruesoe said:

I made a real world calendar that works with Kronometer to give you actual dates and months.

I saw that and quietly freaked out about whether kerbalism coped with kronometer.   Do you play with KCT as well?  I wonder how do build times get affected by these.