[1.12.x] SIMPLEX Kerbalism 3.15

theJesuit

1 hour ago, jpkerman said:

Kerbalism 3.1 indicates that Dmagic Orbital Science is a compatable mod.  When I add KerbalismCore and Simplex Kerbalism as directed I lose functionality to my Dmagic science experiments.  Remove them and Dmagic works.  Known issue or do I need to research more and post mod log?

Thanks for letting me know.  It will either be a change in support with kerbalism or I have ported it incorrectly.

I'll have a look when I next get a chance.  Maybe a couple of days?

Peace.

Upon reading this I conducted four tests.

#1 Loaded game with only:

000_ClickThroughBlocker
001_ToolbarControl
CommunityTechTree
DMagicOrbitalScience
Magicore
Squad
SquadExpansion
UnKerballedStart
ModuleManager.4.1.3

Dmagic and Stock Science full function.

#2 Loaded game with only:

000_ClickThroughBlocker
001_ToolbarControl
CommunityTechTree
DMagicOrbitalScience
Kerbalism
Simplex Kerbalism
Magicore
Squad
SquadExpansion
UnKerballedStart
ModuleManager.4.1.3

Dmagic and Stock Science No science or animations function. Goo canister opens when placed in VAB. No open/close or collection options on launch pad.

#3 Loaded game with only:

000_ClickThroughBlocker
001_ToolbarControl
Kerbalism
Simplex Kerbalism
Squad
SquadExpansion
ModuleManager.4.1.3

Stock Science No science or animations function.  Goo canister opens when placed in VAB. No open/close or collection options on launch pad.

#4 loaded game with only:

Kerbalism
Simplex Kerbalism
Squad
SquadExpansion
ModuleManager.4.1.3

Stock Science No science or animations function.  Goo canister opens when placed in VAB. No open/close or collection options on launch pad.

All games in Sandbox mode with Default settings.

Edited by jpkerman

40 minutes ago, jpkerman said:

Upon reading this I conducted four tests.

<SNIP>

All games in Sandbox mode with Default settings.

Sandbox mode does not allow for Science part animations to occur... as there is no science in Sandbox mode. That's my guess.

Can you please confirm if it works in a Science mode or Career mode as it does for me (but not in Sandbox)?  If if still does not work in the other modes, send me a save file and the log.

Peace.

You are correct sir.
  I was aware that no points would be granted but what was throwing me a wobbler was things such as:

In the Vanilla Sandbox VAB the Goo canister will deploy and the DMagic magnetometer will extend.  Collecting science on the Launch Pad gives no points but still a pop up window.

In KSP + Kerbalism,Simplex Kerbalism, Sandbox mode behavior is different.  In the VAB the Goo canister opens upon placement and the DMagic magnetometer does not deploy.  On the launch pad there was no running of the experiment for no points to learn the kerbalism science process.  I had a few bad experiences where my probes would run out of total collection and transmission time before crashing/losing signal/draining batteries...etc.

I was testing for compatibility of some mods in Sandbox mode to get all the parts available and hoping to practice procedure and time needed to run experiments under the new (and really cool kerbalism way) when I noticed some of the experiments would not even deploy.

I am now wiser and at least had some fun.  I hope it was not too much of a false alarm for you. 

3 hours ago, jpkerman said:

You are correct sir.
  I was aware that no points would be granted but what was throwing me a wobbler was things such as:

In the Vanilla Sandbox VAB the Goo canister will deploy and the DMagic magnetometer will extend.  Collecting science on the Launch Pad gives no points but still a pop up window.

In KSP + Kerbalism,Simplex Kerbalism, Sandbox mode behavior is different.  In the VAB the Goo canister opens upon placement and the DMagic magnetometer does not deploy.  On the launch pad there was no running of the experiment for no points to learn the kerbalism science process.  I had a few bad experiences where my probes would run out of total collection and transmission time before crashing/losing signal/draining batteries...etc.

I was testing for compatibility of some mods in Sandbox mode to get all the parts available and hoping to practice procedure and time needed to run experiments under the new (and really cool kerbalism way) when I noticed some of the experiments would not even deploy.

I am now wiser and at least had some fun.  I hope it was not too much of a false alarm for you. 

No worries.  I thought I missed something when I checked comparability.  Glad it was an easy fix.

Peace.

10 hours ago, Silent1_87 said:

they don't produce ec at all but it says running. i will post a Screenshot later. 

I think I see the problem.  The Monoprop and Air ones work but not LFO.  You switch them on in the Processes in the right click menu.

I've found why LFO doesn't work.  I'm sorting it now and will post a patch.

Thanks for finding and reporting the bug!  Also, I've reduced massively the amount of MP that is used for the MP and Air fuel cell.

Patch being uploaded now.

Peace.

• 1 month later...

air reserves are unreasonably high compare to consumable and ec consumption way to high for comms my solar panels are useless .

Edit: i think the ec problem is related to new kerbalism update. but air problem still there with older version

Edited by Silent1_87

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kloss said:

It seems that we can't turn organic slurry into rad shielding on SIMPLEX, am i wrong?

That's correct.  

Is that something that you feel should be able to be done?  How is this managed in the Default profile?

On 3/2/2020 at 10:43 PM, theJesuit said:

That's correct.  

Is that something that you feel should be able to be done?  How is this managed in the Default profile?

I'm not a DefaultKerbalism PRO, but it seems to have some part that converts waste to RadShielding.
Maybe in SIMPLEX, it could simply turn OrganicSlurry into RadShielding over time, not sure about the specifics, but i can update here once i learn DefaultKerbalism a little better than i do now. Anyway they may have more info on the Documentation.

Sorry for the late response.

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, DownHereInChile said:

Hi! Kerbalism doesn't show up in my game when I install it with this config (through CKAN). Any idea what could be causing this?

Hi!

Not sure.

Can you show me a screnshot of your game data folder please and also the ksp.log.  plug them into a Google drive or Dropbox and PM me a link if you want.

Also, what version of kerbalism and ksp are you running?  

Edited by theJesuit

6 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Hi!

Not sure.

Can you show me a screnshot of your game data folder please and also the ksp.log.  plug them into a Google drive or Dropbox and PM me a link if you want.

Also, what version of kerbalism and ksp are you running?  

I'm running KSP 1.10.1, so that might be it. I also tried running Kerbalism 3.9 with its default config (both the latest versions), but no luck either. All other installed mods work with no issues, all installed through CKAN with no detected conflicts.

Here's the link to the folder with the Gamedata screenshot and both Player and KSP logs. I hope that helps!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PIScg0WNzW1Gyou8GaHtv_wGVHZmLtxz?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you needed different or more files; I've been playing KSP for 7 years, and never had to ask for support haha.

9 minutes ago, DownHereInChile said:

I'm running KSP 1.10.1, so that might be it. I also tried running Kerbalism 3.9 with its default config (both the latest versions), but no luck either. All other installed mods work with no issues, all installed through CKAN with no detected conflicts.

Here's the link to the folder with the Gamedata screenshot and both Player and KSP logs. I hope that helps!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PIScg0WNzW1Gyou8GaHtv_wGVHZmLtxz?usp=sharing

What's weird is that the ksp.log and what it says is installed, doesn't match with the screenshot of what is in the GameData folders as the screenshot has no Kerbalism folders at all!

That and ksp.log suggests that you have installed KerbalismConfig not KerbalismSimplex?

But the real issue is KSP 1.10.x.  Kerbalism does have an issue which can be resolved here:

10 minutes ago, DownHereInChile said:

Please let me know if you needed different or more files; I've been playing KSP for 7 years, and never had to ask for support haha.

A fellow veteran then!  Some of us should be so lucky!  :D.  You've actually been a member on the forums for like three days longer than me! :confused:  If Chile is your home, I hope you are staying safe.

Peace.

3 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

What's weird is that the ksp.log and what it says is installed, doesn't match with the screenshot of what is in the GameData folders as the screenshot has no Kerbalism folders at all!

That and ksp.log suggests that you have installed KerbalismConfig not KerbalismSimplex?

But the real issue is KSP 1.10.x.  Kerbalism does have an issue which can be resolved here:

A fellow veteran then!  Some of us should be so lucky!  :D.  You've actually been a member on the forums for like three days longer than me! :confused:  If Chile is your home, I hope you are staying safe.

Peace.

Ah, yes, the screenshot and the logs are 12 hours apart, so I had already uninstalled or tested the other config by then. My bad. I'm glad you were able to pinpoint the issue, though. Thanks! I will go check it out.

Man, I still remember the pre-Porkjet's Spaceplane Plus days. It's crazy to see how far KSP has come since then.

And yes, I'm Chilean, born and raised. It's been hectic down here since last year, but there's been some improvement as of late. Hope you're safe and sound wherever you live, too! :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into updating this officially for 1.10.1.  But it will quite a major overhaul - around science.

A large reduction in the science experiments, kerbalism science will focusing on probe options (around 7) and crew options (around 6). The probe ones will be for different situations and missions.  The crew ones will involve command pods, cabins (hitchhiker), cupolas and the Lab.

Other mod experiments will still be supported, along with stock experiments, including the new Magneometer.

I'm also going to remove sickbay and tv and try and remove the upgrading of things too.

I realised that this mod without CRP needed results in issues with BPPart Switch being installed because of Airline Kuisine and NFElectrical support (looking at Uranite).  I'll be addressing this problem here and also in Simplex Resources which will continue to be an optional extra. 

I'll be working on this over the next few weeks.

Edited by theJesuit

• 3 months later...

Ooof!  Yes. By Christmas maybe.

Realised that the Simplex Ores had their kerbalism profile removed .  That is now done.  Also, ive adapted the new cargo containers to be storage of Consumables as separate parts but a blue droplet and green bowl as a decal.  These look better than the phasing out kerbalism parts.

Science next after I've updated the TechTrees for 1.11 and taken into account the new EVA science for my plans!

This mod NEEDS to be the next thing Squad implements into the game. I tried most all of the survival mods and this one IMO is the best. It doesn't over complex it & gives just the right amount for the game. Recommend this to those looking to take their game up a step.