[1.12.x] SIMPLEX Kerbalism 3.15

theJesuit

On 9/16/2022 at 5:16 PM, theJesuit said:

Quite.  Simplex are simpler.

Generally each tier of a texh tree will have a probe based science unlocked.  Some of these wil require a part that you are likely to have on a craft anyway (like a solar panel or a antenna)  the crewed experiments are also one per tier or thereabouts.

Let's say I want use your simplex ressource, but keep vanilla all the other kerbalism features (Including science)

Is it possible by just swaping some folders inside Simplex ?

3 hours ago, Carni35 said:

Let's say I want use your simplex ressource, but keep vanilla all the other kerbalism features (Including science)

Is it possible by just swaping some folders inside Simplex ?

Probably not the isru stuff, but yes to the science.  I think the System folder has a ScienceRework folder.  Swap the whole ScienceRework with the same from KerbalismConfig.

Everything else apart from ISRU should be the same, planet configs for radiation belts etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking to update in the near future with a new 'feature'. 

SIMPLEX Propulsion is getting a new MagnetoPlasma Ion Engine that runs on Xenon.  SIMPLEX Resources is getting two nuclear reactors.

Kerbalism though doesn't do heat.  In fact it has never done heat and removes stock heat modules.

My suggestion is to make the thermal radiator  parts generate a free Coolant resource like an RTG does.  The ISRU, drills, nuke engines and reactors would require Coolant to operate.  A simple addition, not changing any other function.  This wouldn't stop stock functions for heat disipation like close to a star.  Just that bases or craft using these high energy parts would need you to utilise radiators.

Any thoughts?

5 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

How about making it a little more "complicated" by implementing https://github.com/judicator/KerbalismSystemHeat ?

I had forgotten about this one.  I was thinking of soemthing a little more match and play such as: use largeFoldingRadiator for largeNukeReactor.

But this mod SHOULD work.  I'll take a look thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Good Day,

There appears to be a bug with the M700 Scanner, will not allow scanning.

Installed the default kerbalism profile and it works fine.

Had a look, on the default kerbalism setting, there are other experiments that can be done with the scanner (gravioli BEEP DING TICK), these are not added on simplex, the configuration button shows in the VAB, but has no affect.

Not 100% sure what i was doing but copied over the following from default kerbalism profile to fix it (the scanning at least seems to work now)

-----------------------------------

//=============================================================================================
// Unmanned Orbital Experiments. They get added to the M700 Orbital Scanner
//=============================================================================================

EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:NEEDS[FeatureScience]
{
    id = KerbalismResourceScanner
    title = Resource survey
    baseValue = 2
    scienceCap = 2
    dataScale = 1

KERBALISM_EXPERIMENT
    {
        UnlockResourceSurvey = true
        Situation = BodyGlobal
        BodyNotAllowed = Suns
    }
}

-------------------------------------------

into scienceDefs-kerbalism.config

There was other stuff about the other experiments i did not copy (did not want to break anything).

Not sure what the intent was, too add the extra experiments or not.

Cheers

On 10/28/2022 at 1:00 AM, rustyyy said:

Good Day,

There appears to be a bug with the M700 Scanner, will not allow scanning.

Installed the default kerbalism profile and it works fine.

Had a look, on the default kerbalism setting, there are other experiments that can be done with the scanner (gravioli BEEP DING TICK), these are not added on simplex, the configuration button shows in the VAB, but has no affect.

Not 100% sure what i was doing but copied over the following from default kerbalism profile to fix it (the scanning at least seems to work now)

-----------------------------------

// Unmanned Orbital Experiments. They get added to the M700 Orbital Scanner

EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:NEEDS[FeatureScience]
{
    id = KerbalismResourceScanner
    title = Resource survey
    baseValue = 2
    scienceCap = 2
    dataScale = 1

KERBALISM_EXPERIMENT
    {
        UnlockResourceSurvey = true
        Situation = BodyGlobal
        BodyNotAllowed = Suns
    }
}

-------------------------------------------

into scienceDefs-kerbalism.config

There was other stuff about the other experiments i did not copy (did not want to break anything).

Not sure what the intent was, too add the extra experiments or not.

Cheers

Not sure why scanning didnt work but the experiment was removed to simplify the science.

I'll have a play and add it back in if neccessary.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, Vl3d said:

What level should the science rewards be at for UnKerballedStart to be compatible with Simplex Kerbalism?

Depends on the tech tree.  What is your preference.   With the simplex and tetrix Techtree you don't need unkerballedStart as they both start probes only and give a no crew pathway.

18 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Depends on the tech tree.  What is your preference.   With the simplex and tetrix Techtree you don't need unkerballedStart as they both start probes only and give a no crew pathway.

Thanks a lot, I installed Tetrix and it works well with Simplex Kerbalism, progression is balanced.

Just a thought: I have to say that as much as I find Career Mode grindy, I also find Science Mode OP. The "add unlimited number of boosters" way of getting to Eeloo with only Swivels really bothers me. It's true there's some balance in the fact that decouplers, solar panels, antennas are not unlocked at the start but... Science Mode is just not for me.

7 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Thanks a lot, I installed Tetrix and it works well with Simplex Kerbalism, progression is balanced.

Just a thought: I have to say that as much as I find Career Mode grindy, I also find Science Mode OP. The "add unlimited number of boosters" way of getting to Eeloo with only Swivels really bothers me. It's true there's some balance in the fact that decouplers, solar panels, antennas are not unlocked at the start but... Science Mode is just not for me.

I can also recommend AngleCan Progression.  The only contracts are world firsts which you have to ration to get funds to upgrade KSC and hire kerbals.  So it gives a mix between science amd career.  Launching still doesn't cost you anything however, but early on you can't load up your ship of swivels as you will need to go places first to get the funds to upgrade the ksc.

• 4 weeks later...

Updated to version 3.9

Changelog 3.9

• QUARTIX TechTree Support - Stayputnik no longer has TITE experiment
  • Added Coolant Resource for ISRU and Nuclear Reactors, coolant generated by radiators
  • Added SIMPLEX Resources for Nuclear Reactors
  • Added TinyISRU based on the Chemical Plant
  • Added Support for MoldaviteMachines

Im getting some buggy parts, The tiny ISRU and the chemical plant don't have converters options as well as limited air storage parts should it be compatible with storage containers? I can send gamedata if necessary. 

Edited by Apollo 13

2 hours ago, Apollo 13 said:

Im getting some buggy parts, The tiny ISRU and the chemical plant don't have converters options as well as limited air storage parts should it be compatible with storage containers? I can send gamedata if necessary. 

Yes please.  Lets start with the ksp.log.  also, ive just thought whether I've made the converters require Simplex Resources.  Do you have that installed?

11 hours ago, Apollo 13 said:

Having had a quick look, turns out that without Simplex Resources I didn't add in the options for Ore only converters for the TinyISRU, and the Chemical Plant has a double up of options.  I'll get these fixed over the next couple of days.

The reasoning behind having separate containers for Air/BadAir and Consumables/OrganicSlurry was due to the fact that Air is used up at a different rate to Consumables.  Yes it is ONE unit per day each, but with scrubbers and greenhouses and with EVAs this can easily get out of sync.

So don't worry about sending the log if this answers your questions and solves your issues!

14 minutes ago, Apollo 13 said:

I installed simplex recourses but now I'm getting a B9partswitch error which is saying "no tank type named 'LH20Cryo' exists" along with LH2 saying the same thing

Do you have Community Resource Pack installed?  If so remove it.  SIMPLEX resources has its own CryoFuel.

3 hours ago, Apollo 13 said:

I found out the issue was a succession mod of the wildblue buffalo mod named buffalo two. it was causing a duped files with simplex resources I don't how but when I removed that mod it fixed itself. sorry for the trouble. 

No problems.  You helped find a different issue Thanks!  Ill look into the Buffalo two mod issue as well.  That'll be for me to fix in Simplex Resources.