[1.12.x] SIMPLEX Kerbalism 3.15

theJesuit

3 hours ago, uglyduckling81 said:

I'm happy to add Simplex Resources as an alternative.

Only advisable on the start of  a new save as it changes how Ore works, tanks are setup, and engine ratios with no other change to gameplay.

:)

9 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Only advisable on the start of  a new save as it changes how Ore works, tanks are setup, and engine ratios with no other change to gameplay.

:)

I did it anyway. Waiting until I had nothing flying. So it's a bit like starting a new game. I wasn't late enough to worry about ore or anything yet.

I'm finding KSP very frustrating to play though because the in game alarm clock is so terrible and buggy.

Doesn't matter if you only have a single ship at a time and are focused on it. Soon as you switch away though the alarms become very unreliable.

23 minutes ago, uglyduckling81 said:

I did it anyway. Waiting until I had nothing flying. So it's a bit like starting a new game. I wasn't late enough to worry about ore or anything yet.

I'm finding KSP very frustrating to play though because the in game alarm clock is so terrible and buggy.

Doesn't matter if you only have a single ship at a time and are focused on it. Soon as you switch away though the alarms become very unreliable.

I haven't heard much positives about it yet - I was planning on sticking with KAC till 1.12.2 at least.

48 minutes ago, uglyduckling81 said:

It still works in the current version? It says 1.9 or something as compatible version.

I think so, although the mod developer i think is the same who made the stock version :) so i suspect that the official one will get some hefty update.

Still working on the update.  The drills had me confused as i had doubled up on the configs and couldn't work out why.  But this is sorted now.

I'm also adding support for the excellent Mining Expansion and this is about done.

With Mining Expansion and Simplex Resources installed the stock drills and Mining Expansion stock looking drills will have drill for HydrateOre and Saturate.  The Mining Expansion larger drills will mine NaturalOre and RareOre.  Mining Expansion also provides Ocean and Atmospheric harvesters, and large Fuel Cells too.

Should be pretty much be ready to go at that point.  Hopefully tomorrow morning.

TETRIX Tech Tree, SIMPLEX TechTree, SIMPLEX Resources will all get updates too.

Updated.

13 minutes ago, uglyduckling81 said:

3.4 changes?

So so so many.

• Adjusted upgrades on SIMPLEX TechTree
  • Adjusted upgrades on TETRIX TechTree
  • Removed JNSQ profile.
  • Added Ores to Organic Slurry functionality to Chemical Plant and moved code to the ISRU file  Chemical Plant should only process Organic Slurry.
  • Altered Fuel Cell to have MP+Air first, then upgrade to LFO later at Large Electrics
  • Fuel Cell now only at basicScience if RestockPlus is not present due to ReStockPlus APU.
  • Added ReStock APU MP+Air Fuel Cell at basicScience
  • Fixed amount of Air storage on SSPX Greenhouses - should be enough to turn habitation on.
  • Fixed duplicate Saturate Mining with the Drills
  • Switched dependency for Air, BadAir, Consumables and OrganicSlurry to Simplex Resources. Ie kerbalism is gge prinary loader.
  • Simplified the ISRU mechanics for Simplex Resources - no longer efficiency, rather capacity
  • Added CryoFuel to the ISRU, but only when CryoTanks are installed
  • Rebalanced Fuell Cells for Simplex Resources (LFO ratio now 3:1 rather than 1.1:0.9.
  • Mining Extension works well with the ISRU and mining, tested Kerbin, Laythe atmospheres and oceans

• 4 weeks later...

Is it possible to install Kerbalism's parts (especially consumable containers) ? As I find the Simplex's ones not practical enough, or am I missing something (I only get stocks containers, no inline ones).

Thanks, love your mod anyway!

Edit: Or is there any other life support parts mod that are configured for simplex, I'm not stuck on Kerbalism's ones.

Edited by Iguas

Hi!

1 hour ago, Iguas said:

Is it possible to install Kerbalism's parts (especially consumable containers) ? As I find the Simplex's ones not practical enough, or am I missing something (I only get stocks containers, no inline ones).

Thanks, love your mod anyway!

Edit: Or is there any other life support parts mod that are configured for simplex, I'm not stuck on Kerbalism's ones.

I made the decision to have my own parts (based on the stock cargo containers) but with a picture of water droplet and bowl) as I didn't like the standard kerbalism ones, or the old HEX containers that had been borrowed into the mod.

There are two types of containers - Consumables and Air. 

Consumables are only inline cylinders, except for the smallest version which is a surface attachable box.

Air is only surface attachable, and those parts were made for the future kerbalism 4.  Before you ask, there is no ETA on that at all - i.e. not before Christmas.

I'm not sure what you are asking in terms of practicality - do you want containers that contain BOTH Consumables and OrganicSlurry, or Air and BadAir?  or do you want a container that has Consumables AND Air so that you only need a single part?

I'm asking if this is what you want because I can certainly configure them for that.

3 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Hi!

I made the decision to have my own parts (based on the stock cargo containers) but with a picture of water droplet and bowl) as I didn't like the standard kerbalism ones, or the old HEX containers that had been borrowed into the mod.

There are two types of containers - Consumables and Air. 

Consumables are only inline cylinders, except for the smallest version which is a surface attachable box.

Air is only surface attachable, and those parts were made for the future kerbalism 4.  Before you ask, there is no ETA on that at all - i.e. not before Christmas.

I'm not sure what you are asking in terms of practicality - do you want containers that contain BOTH Consumables and OrganicSlurry, or Air and BadAir?  or do you want a container that has Consumables AND Air so that you only need a single part?

I'm asking if this is what you want because I can certainly configure them for that.

Thanks for your answer !

Two things

First, i messed up the installation, and my kerbals wouldn't use any consumable, and food wouldn't even appear in Kerbalism planning window. Somehow, inline containers didn't appear, except for the large one. Reinstalled everything and now it works perfectly fine, all containers seems present.

My question was about if it was possible to use Stock Kerbalism resources containers, which come in every sizes and so easier to use. Considering I found your parts, this is not a problem anymore.

I won't make you configure parts just for me, aha ! 

Great job anyway, sorry for inconvenience.

40 minutes ago, Iguas said:

Thanks for your answer !

I won't make you configure parts just for me, aha ! 

Great job anyway, sorry for inconvenience.

No worries.  If this multiconfig is something that people want I can do it.

But not right now.  I need to do some playing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @theJesuit love the mod, been using it for my stock playthrough and just went to the moon with it,  it's just the right amount of complexity for me.

3 questions for you,  first, did the SSPX expansion break something, or are the greenhouses from that mod supposed to produce food instead of consumables? Because at the moment, I'm not sure how to make consumables from food and water, if that is how that is supposed to work.

Second is I made my own TweakScale config for the simplex containers, just for some more flexibility in building. Any chance of this being an official feature? Or was it disabled for balance reasons?

And Lastly, would there be any chance of adding support instead for Procedural Parts life support tanks? Or is that a "Ask the author of PP about it"? I might modify it myself but the code for it is beyond my wheelhouse at the moment.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, king406 said:

Hey @theJesuit love the mod, been using it for my stock playthrough and just went to the moon with it,  it's just the right amount of complexity for me.

3 questions for you,  first, did the SSPX expansion break something, or are the greenhouses from that mod supposed to produce food instead of consumables? Because at the moment, I'm not sure how to make consumables from food and water, if that is how that is supposed to work.

Second is I made my own TweakScale config for the simplex containers, just for some more flexibility in building. Any chance of this being an official feature? Or was it disabled for balance reasons?

And Lastly, would there be any chance of adding support instead for Procedural Parts life support tanks? Or is that a "Ask the author of PP about it"? I might modify it myself but the code for it is beyond my wheelhouse at the moment.

Thank you!

SSPX greenhouses should be making consumables... I'll look into it over the weekend.

If it works I'm happy to include it.  Can you give me the MM patch code and I'll put it in with credit to you?

I dont really touch Procedural Parts. I don't have anything against them, just haven't found the need or desire to play aroubd with it.  I included it in my techtrees upon request but that is easier than doing configs.  If you can MM patch tweakscale then I'm sure you can MM patch PP.  Give it a go and I can include it too.

4 hours ago, king406 said:

questions for you,  first, did the SSPX expansion break something, or are the greenhouses from that mod supposed to produce food instead of consumables

Yip.  It is wrong.  You can chnage it in the SSPX support config from food to Consumables.  Use a txt editor like notepad.

I need to add in the newer SSPX things, the 5m centrifuge, lab, greenhouse etc as well.

It'll be fixed in an update.  Likely next weekend.

Peace.

@PART[SimplexPart_Consumables_Tiny]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = free
    }
}
@PART[SimplexPart_Consumables_Small]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}
@PART[SimplexPart_Consumables_Medium]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.875
    }
}
@PART[SimplexPart_Consumables_Large]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 2.5
    }
}
@PART[SimplexPart_Consumables_Huge]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 3.75
    }
}
@PART[kerbalism-container-radial-pressurized-prosemian-small]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = surface
    }
}
@PART[kerbalism-container-radial-pressurized-prosemian-medium]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = surface
    }
}
@PART[kerbalism-container-radial-pressurized-prosemian-big]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = surface
    }
}
@PART[kerbalism-container-radial-pressurized-prosemian-huge]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = surface
    }
}

Here's the MM patch code,  just for the containers, as I did not feel like the other parts warranted it at the time. Maybe the greenhouse could use it but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And alright, I'll try out procedural parts and see if I can get it working, the more tank options the better in my opinion.

Lastly  I'll edit from food to consumables and test it out in game, and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!

Alright, so 2 updates for you, first is I did get the greenhouses from SSPX working. At first it did not for some reason, maybe an issue with the replace function messed with it, but it's all good now!

Second, I got procedural tanks working! They need balancing, as you can see by the gif, so I won't be using them at the moment, but I'm impressed with it anyway! The fact that it all worked is dope.

The procedural tanks patch would probably have to be included with the procedural parts mod however,  at least I think so.

Take a look:

https://imgur.com/a/Fl1ogOo

• 5 weeks later...

So I'm finally getting sorted.

Things done:

Pass for a 12 hour day.  This is for JNSQ but also KSRSS 2.5?

This decreases by half the consumption per second so that a unit of Air or Consumables equated to one day.  Consumables are still eaten (consumed?) Twice a day, six hours apart.

To compensate the Air/BadAir and Consumables/Organic Slurry have been doubled i  mass.  The processes that have these, like greehouses, ISRU, fuel cells that use or produce Air/ BadAir consumables whatever have been adjusted so that the mass ratios still play nice.

It will be a separate download unfortunatly.

Things to do

New SSPX things to do. Greenhouses, science, habitat volume.

Look at RLA engine configs? And Simplex Propulsion.

Have the new Simplex Resources ISRU for things like Lithium and PowderFuel.   Also conversion for Metal Parts and Custom Parts for EL and Sandcastle.

SIMPLEX Colonies to have colonies grow in size in the background.

Done - jnsq mass changes,  process changes for breathing, xomsuming, isru processes

Done - sspx with corrected simplex experiments.  The 1.25m parts dont have them except for the core.  This includes the 1.25 cupola.  Cupolas have VISTA only, except the dome one as that is more of a command pod so has crew report.  The 5m centrifuge has both RELAX and the Lab experiments. The small 1.25m cupola greenhouse is not for growing food, only plant comfort and BioMatter Experiment

STILL TO DO

Sspx greenhouse nearly done.  The 5m will be a double the 3.75m one so 8 times vanilla supporting 4 kerbals.  Then habitat volumes, for some of the inflatables.  The 5m centrifuge is done.

Planetside Exploration Tech,  volume, greenhouse and experiment check

HabTech2 volume, greenhouse and experiment check

Planetary Base Systems greenhouse and experiment check

SIMPLEX Propulsion, Making History, Cryoengines, NearFuture xxx, kerbal atomics engine configs.  Also RLA suggested balance, have upgrades potentially increase ignitions

ISRU For Lithium and PowderFuel.   Also conversion for Metal Parts and Custom Parts.

SIMPLEX Colonies backgroubd colonist and interest growth with no part failures.

Edited by theJesuit

Done - JNSQ mass changes,  process changes for breathing, consuming, isru processes

Done - SSPX with corrected simplex experiments.  The 1.25m parts don't have them except for the core.  This includes the 1.25 cupola.  Cupolas have VISTA only, except the dome one as that is more of a command pod so has crew report.  The 5m centrifuge has both RELAX and the Lab experiments. The small 1.25m cupola greenhouse is not for growing food, only plant comfort and BioMatter Experiment.  SSPX greenhouses  done.  The 5m will be a double the 3.75m one so 8 times vanilla supporting 4 kerbals.   The 5m dome is only half as good, support 2 kerbals.

Done - Special - SSPX aquaculture - 4 kerbal suppport.  This one however needs Ore (or Saturate with SIMPLEX Resources).  Consumables and Air are produced constantly for a year where the 'harvest' is Ore (or Saturate).  For balance, the harvest is only half the Ore/Saturate that was put in, but the Consumables and Air are a one to one with the Organic Slurry and BadAir

Done - SSPX The Volleyball 1.25m Inflatable had  too low volume compared to the squished version.  The 5m centrifuge 'Cronus' has a volume now of 380m3, the 3.75 centrifuge 'Mercury' has only 260m3 for comparison

Done - Planetside Exploration Tech,  greenhouse is smaller than SSPX ones, but similar in mass to vanilla kerbalism one.  So, one of these will support 1/2 a kerbal. volume, greenhouse and experiment check.  Volumes okay, the inflatable had doesn't hold kerbals, so I'm not implementing volume, think of it as a storage tent.

Done - HabTech2 small cupola only panorama - too small for science.  Each  of the Labs can do all the experiments.

STILL TO DO

MAYBE NEXT UPDATE - Planetside Exploration Tech - not sure what to with the wind turbines - as kerbalism doesn't support the background processing of wind variations.  Maybe a biome specific EC amount from the atmosphere?  oceans and mountains/highlands high, shores medium, everywhere else low.  Still thinking about it.  May ask in the Planetside mod.

SIMPLEX Propulsion, Making History, Cryoengines, NearFuture xxx, kerbal atomics engine configs.  Also RLA suggested balance, have upgrades potentially increase ignitions

ISRU For Lithium and PowderFuel.   Also conversion for Metal Parts and Custom Parts.

SIMPLEX Colonies backgroubd colonist and interest growth with no part failures.

Simplex Telescope experiment for Sentinel, (Stock), HullCamVDS, and SSPX although sentinel gives science when it does its job?

On 9/6/2021 at 5:21 PM, king406 said:

Alright, so 2 updates for you, first is I did get the greenhouses from SSPX working. At first it did not for some reason, maybe an issue with the replace function messed with it, but it's all good now!

Second, I got procedural tanks working! They need balancing, as you can see by the gif, so I won't be using them at the moment, but I'm impressed with it anyway! The fact that it all worked is dope.

The procedural tanks patch would probably have to be included with the procedural parts mod however,  at least I think so.

Take a look:

https://imgur.com/a/Fl1ogOo

Was this in a usable form?  Looking at updating soon if you wanted me to include it

Done - ISRU For Lithium and PowderFuel,

Done  - RLA Reborn suggested balance for its tiny aerospike as suggested by @jlcarneiro

STILL TO DO

EL Conversion for Metal Parts and Custom Parts - having some issues, particularly around tanks and ReStock but this is a Resources issue.

SIMPLEX Colonies background colonist and interest growth with no part failures.

Simplex Telescope experiment for Sentinel, (Stock), HullCamVDS, and SSPX although sentinel gives science when it does its job?

MAYBE NEXT UPDATE - Planetside Exploration Tech - not sure what to with the wind turbines - as kerbalism doesn't support the background processing of wind variations.  Maybe a biome specific EC amount from the atmosphere?  oceans and mountains/highlands high, shores medium, everywhere else low.  Still thinking about it.  May ask in the Planetside mod.  This could be a SIMPLEX Resources addition perhaps.   Still thinking about it.

On 10/11/2021 at 5:18 AM, theJesuit said:

Was this in a usable form?  Looking at updating soon if you wanted me to include it

Less usable than I suspected at first honestly. The tanks seem pretty buggy, they keep reverting back to their default shape rather than the one I set when the craft is reverted/reloaded.  I resolved to just adding the resources to the SSTU tank types configurator instead. That combined with Tweakscale works way better for mission flexibility anyway.

I can send you the quick config for adding the tank types to SSTU if you'd like.

I'm also going to shortly give a shot at adding support for the FFT Nuclear Smelter, giving it Kerbalism processes instead of the big list you get in stock. If you'd also like that, let me know, I can send it over.

2 hours ago, king406 said:

Less usable than I suspected at first honestly. The tanks seem pretty buggy, they keep reverting back to their default shape rather than the one I set when the craft is reverted/reloaded.  I resolved to just adding the resources to the SSTU tank types configurator instead. That combined with Tweakscale works way better for mission flexibility anyway.

I can send you the quick config for adding the tank types to SSTU if you'd like.

I'm also going to shortly give a shot at adding support for the FFT Nuclear Smelter, giving it Kerbalism processes instead of the big list you get in stock. If you'd also like that, let me know, I can send it over.

Okay.   Adding resources to another config is a good way to go.

I'm happy to take a look at the SSTU configs though.

With FFT, heat management is a big deal, which kerbalism doesn't touch.  It's on my list on things to do so happy to look at what you come up with to!

My first thoughts are this:

KSPIE uses a cooling resource, so maybe use this.  One way I've though about it was to have radiators generate a hidden Cooling resource that is generated like an RTG, whilst active ones could also have a converter resource of power to Cooling.  The cooling resource is then needed by the reactors or engines to work - they shut down if overheated.