[1.12.x] SIMPLEX Kerbalism 3.15

theJesuit

On 4/16/2022 at 3:28 AM, theJesuit said:

Are you using SimplexResources as well?  If not j really do need to address it

I wasn't using SimplexResources, just tried it and the fission reactors work great however I would need to recreate a lot of my craft.

Edit: I crudely found a solution by deleting all the none NFE stuff from the Simplex Resources config files, my mission is saved

Edited by synapticknob

Hi all,
does this mod work with a 2.5x rescaled Kerbin? I assume the way Kerbalism calculates supply usage is tuned for the stock-size planets and times but I was wondering if there is a profile available or settings I can change to make it compatible at this scale?

8 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Yes.  In the profiles folder you can replace the 6hour day with an 8, 9 or 12 hour one depending on your preference.

ahh awesome, unfortunately the Kerbin day at 2.5x scale is 10 hours but it looks like theres only profiles for 8, 12 and 7.5 hrs included (see pic below). In my case should I need to make a custom 10 hour profile or potentially just play at a scale that would hopefully match one of these presets? (maybe 2.0x or 3.2)

WogSRDN.png

3 hours ago, sabcakes said:

ahh awesome, unfortunately the Kerbin day at 2.5x scale is 10 hours but it looks like theres only profiles for 8, 12 and 7.5 hrs included (see pic below). In my case should I need to make a custom 10 hour profile or potentially just play at a scale that would hopefully match one of these presets? (maybe 2.0x or 3.2)

WogSRDN.png

Make your own profile!  I thought I'd covered all the options for the rescales.  :/

The three things you need to sort out is the consumption rates of air and consumables to 1 per 10 hour day.  

Change the mass of the air and consumables.

Change the rate that air is converted to Atmosphere.

17 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Make your own profile!  I thought I'd covered all the options for the rescales.  :/

The three things you need to sort out is the consumption rates of air and consumables to 1 per 10 hour day.  

Change the mass of the air and consumables.

Change the rate that air is converted to Atmosphere.

I ended up going for 2.0x rescale since the solar day comes out to just 8 hours so I could use one of the current presets, I will keep that in mind if I need to make a custom profile in the future tho!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, TheWireLord said:

Hey there, quick question:

Is there any easy way of changing the name of resource in the config from "Consumables" to something like "Snacks"?

Thanks!

The resource names are defined in the file <GameData>/KerbalismSimplex/ResourceConfigs/SIMPLEXKerbalism-Resources.cfg

You could edit that file but it is generally better to write a separate Module Manager patch so that your changes won't get overwritten if/when the mod gets updated.

Simply copy the below into a new text file and save it into a folder inside your <GameData> folder. I suggest <GameData>/CustomPatches/RenameSimplexConsumables.cfg or something else equally memorable.

@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Consumables]:NEEDS[KerbalismSimplex]
{
	@displayName = Snacks
	@abbreviation = snacks
}

55 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

The resource names are defined in the file <GameData>/KerbalismSimplex/ResourceConfigs/SIMPLEXKerbalism-Resources.cfg

You could edit that file but it is generally better to write a separate Module Manager patch so that your changes won't get overwritten if/when the mod gets updated.

Simply copy the below into a new text file and save it into a folder inside your <GameData> folder. I suggest <GameData>/CustomPatches/RenameSimplexConsumables.cfg or something else equally memorable.

@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Consumables]:NEEDS[KerbalismSimplex]
{
	@displayName = Snacks
	@abbreviation = snacks
}

Wow thanks a ton that worked perfectly and was easier than I was expecting!
Really do appreciate that!

• 2 months later...

Is there any chance you could add explicit support for Commnet Antennas Extension (which is just a commnet adapter for RemoteTech Redev Antennas)?

It "works" out of the box but the energy costs are way too high (2/s idle, 80/s transmit) compared to vanilla antennas. I took a look in the configs and I'm not sure why the flat energy cost divisor wasn't working for those antennas, or what the stock Kerbalism config does differently to make it work.

31 minutes ago, revuwution said:

Is there any chance you could add explicit support for Commnet Antennas Extension (which is just a commnet adapter for RemoteTech Redev Antennas)?

It "works" out of the box but the energy costs are way too high (2/s idle, 80/s transmit) compared to vanilla antennas. I took a look in the configs and I'm not sure why the flat energy cost divisor wasn't working for those antennas, or what the stock Kerbalism config does differently to make it work.

Sure!  Is this the same in vanilla kerbalism? 

It may not be this week,  but I'll have a day the week after to sort out a heap of small updates which i need to do in one sitting otherwise i spend half my time reworking the same code.

17 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Sure!  Is this the same in vanilla kerbalism? 

It may not be this week,  but I'll have a day the week after to sort out a heap of small updates which i need to do in one sitting otherwise i spend half my time reworking the same code.

Vanilla Kerbalism makes the energy consumption in the same range as vanilla antennas.

• 2 weeks later...

Great mod.  Quick question: Any tips on extending how long air lasts?

The Tantares Soyuz has enough air for eight days.  This isn't enough to get all the way to the moon and back for a N1 recreation mission.  I also can't seem to find any air container parts.  Any tips?

FsZveWk.png

Edited by ShuttleCSidemount

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mitokandria said:

Is it possible to add support for RealFuel and Rational Resources?

Rational Resources... no.  Requires CRP and the point is to simplify matters without lots of resources, well less RealFuel is the same.  

If you are wanting some difference in stock, simplex resources and simplex propulsion might be a way to go?

17 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Rational Resources... no.  Requires CRP and the point is to simplify matters without lots of resources, well less RealFuel is the same.  

If you are wanting some difference in stock, simplex resources and simplex propulsion might be a way to go?

No it's mainly that Rational Resources adds a number of fillable containers in various sizes and shapes that are able to be filled with anything from Kerbalism's "Food" and "Water" to Real Fuel's several dozen fuel types. I'm looking to be able to fill those containers with Simplex's Air and Consumables.

Working on an update currently.

On 8/13/2022 at 2:30 AM, SkyFall2489 said:

@theJesuit does this support Moldavite Machines?

It will!  My thoughts were that the different types woukd do different things.  The greenhouse acts as a greenhouse with harvesting.  The alge farm? works as a converter and so doesnt need to be harvested -  basically a continuous supply. 

The bioreactor? will make LiquidFuel and RareOre from OrganicSlurry or Consumables.  Basically a reverse process, of the ISRU but it means you could replenish your fuel stocks by taking only consumables.  Think of it as urine into fuel.  Im notbquite sure yet... it may be making mono prop

I have been enjoying the mod quite a bit.

However, there is one thing unclear to me : Is there a way to turn bad air into air using anything else than a greenhouse ?

I was expecting the chemical plant to offer this function, since it is placed in the recyling tech node, but it seems that it has no function.

This would be very usefull to be honest.

On 8/25/2022 at 11:54 AM, theJesuit said:

Leave it with me.  I'll arange for it.  

I'm working slowly on an update currently.

Excellent !

I am in the process of assembling a JNSQ Duna Expedition vessel, and I had a few ideas that came along :

1) SSPX has a bunch of cargo containers, would it be possible to alter the B9 config to allow storing sludge/consumables into them ?

2) SSPX has a bunch of "utility" station modules. In the idea of having modules to turn bad air to air, I think it would be nice if those parts had this capability.

This is just ideas I got, feel free to discard them, as I know that things that appears "simple" can be quite hard to mod in :)

Anyway, you mod is good fun to ramp up  the logistics planning.

Not sure about adding things to the utility parts.  It will something you could patch for yourself though... 

I'll add the BadAir to Air to the chemical plant.  Currently it converts RareOre and HydrateOre to OrganicSlurry but I'll add in a BadAir to Air option as well.  4 kerbals worth per second.  That will make it worthwhile adding it in.  The EC cost will be high though maybe 20EC a second?  

You may need a significant power plant.

I'm also thinking about how to add a nuke reactor that looks nice enough.  Probably a mismash of stockparts.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Carni35 said:

Hey ! 

I'm hesitating switching to Simplex, but the differences between classic kerbalism science and the one from Simplex don't seem clear to me.

How different are they ? :) 

Thanks

Quite.  Simplex are simpler.

Generally each tier of a texh tree will have a probe based science unlocked.  Some of these wil require a part that you are likely to have on a craft anyway (like a solar panel or a antenna)  the crewed experiments are also one per tier or thereabouts.