[1.12.x] SIMPLEX Kerbalism 3.15

theJesuit

4 hours ago, Apollo 13 said:

Newer question, will there be compatibility for far future technologies?

No.  Mainly as i dont use it, but a big part of FFT is the System Heat which kerbalism didn't go near. I did see a mod to create compatability but I'd want to mod it with Simplex Resources and it would take too much time before KSP2.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Vl3d said:

@theJesuitcan you please check if relays are working in the game? My ships don't connect to them (HG-5), not sure if the issue is with Kerbalism Core or the config.

I've just trialled them with various relays around the Mun and direct antennas going into shadow - stock solar system.  I didn't seem to have any issue.  What direct antennas are you using?  Are they stock or modded ones?

Can you please send me your ksp.log

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

I've just trialled them with various relays around the Mun and direct antennas going into shadow - stock solar system.  I didn't seem to have any issue.  What direct antennas are you using?  Are they stock or modded ones?

Can you please send me your ksp.log

I sent you a PM with the log. Thanks for your time! I also wrote in the Kerbalism thread, maybe the issue is there.

5 hours ago, Vl3d said:

@theJesuit I think I might be a Kerbalism noob without realizing it. How many antennas and of what type (relay/direct) do I need to (1) be a relay; (2) communicate through a relay?

It could be a bug?  But I've never encountered it.

I also tend to play with all ground stations on.  That could be an issue as well with no extra ground stations?

A direct antenna should connect though a separate craft with a relay if the direct craft is in a shadow, or the antenna is not powerful enough to reach kerbin.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have Simplex and KAS installed. I assume there is some kind of compatibility because I can transfer consumables with the pipes, but not air. Is this on purpose? I've tried patching it myself, but can't find any KAS related file in the support folder.

Solved. If i use de transfer interfaz, i can't see the air, but if i activate de coupled mode of the pipe can transfer air like any other fuel with de Alt key Edited by UltharKaufman
Solved

• 3 weeks later...

Heya, Sorry if this should be obvious; I haven't touched the game in years.

The KerbalismSimplex/Profiles folder there are an additional 3 profiles which, if used will alter the mass(density) of Air /BadAir, and Consumables /OrganicSlurry and the rates to which they are used in game.

Use the 12 hour day with JNSQ

When using CKAN, how do I set the correct config file? Do I just open the zip, delete the default config file and rename the 12 hour file to that of the default config?

Also, double checking as I can't seem to find a confirmation on it in the OP or on the mod site: this fork still has the science-over-time that base Kerbalism has, right?

Thanks~

1 hour ago, Henduluin said:

Heya, Sorry if this should be obvious; I haven't touched the game in years.

When using CKAN, how do I set the correct config file? Do I just open the zip, delete the default config file and rename the 12 hour file to that of the default config?

Also, double checking as I can't seem to find a confirmation on it in the OP or on the mod site: this fork still has the science-over-time that base Kerbalism has, right?

Thanks~

Using CKAN download the Simplex config and not the default one.

My apologies if I wasn't being clear. I am trying to understand how to select one of the three alternate configurations included with Simplex (specifically the 12-hour one for JNSQ), not downloading/installing Simplex itself.

There doesn't seem to be a way to do this from within CKAN, so I imagine I have to do it manually, but I'm not entirely certain on what exactly I have to do.

15 hours ago, Henduluin said:

My apologies if I wasn't being clear. I am trying to understand how to select one of the three alternate configurations included with Simplex (specifically the 12-hour one for JNSQ), not downloading/installing Simplex itself.

There doesn't seem to be a way to do this from within CKAN, so I imagine I have to do it manually, but I'm not entirely certain on what exactly I have to do.

Yes.  You have to delete it and rename the 12 hour manually.

• 2 months later...

I'm having what seems to be a unique issue that I have found no solutions for online.

With SIMPLEX Kerbalism installed, I am having an issue where the stock drill module "moduleasteroiddrill" and "modulecometdrill" do not show up on both the small and large mining drill. The modules I am referring to in vanilla are on the part Squad\Parts\Resources\MiniDril\MiniDrill.cfg and Squad\Parts\Resources\RadialDrill\RadialDrill.cfg. Again, these are disabled with the simplex kerbalism config installed, but enabled in vanilla play.

As a result, I cannot mine asteroids or comets, but can mine on planets because "moduleresourceharvester" remains intact. These modules of course exist on the parts in the squad folder, as they are not modified by simplex, yet they are not expressed in game. A normal vanilla installation shows these modules on both drills respectively, but with kerbalism+simplex, they do not show up. The only option for the drill is to extend/retract, and to enable the resource harvester. No option to enable the asteroid of comet drill. When attached to an asteroid, an extended drill gives the error "no surface contact", which causes me to believe this is not an intentional feature of simplex.

I have spent hours going through the configs looking for a toggle, an explanation, or anything to justify this, but have found nothing. However, I do know that when I simply delete the simplex config from GameData, the module appears again both on the drill's tooltip and in scene. This has been verified to allow for off-world mining of asteroids and comets.

I am hoping someone has run into this issue and sought a solution to it. It is rather disappointing because asteroid mining is an important part of the game with the way I play, yet it cannot be done.

5 minutes ago, NubNibble said:

someone has run into this issue and sought a solution to it. It is rather disappointing because asteroid mining is an important part of the game with the way I play, yet it cannot be done

I'll  take a look.  Will need fixing!

8 hours ago, theJesuit said:

I'll  take a look.  Will need fixing!

Found the following in  \GameData\KerbalismSimplex\System\SIMPLEXProfile-Harvesters.cfg -- lines 11-35

@PART[MiniDrill,RadialDrill]:NEEDS[ProfileSimplex]:FOR[Kerbalism]
        {    !MODULE[ModuleAsteroidDrill],* {}
            !MODULE[ModuleCometDrill],* {}
            !MODULE[ModuleOverheatDisplay],* {}
            !MODULE[ModuleCoreHeat],* {}
            !MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester],* {}
            MODULE:NEEDS[FeatureReliability]
                {    name = Reliability
                    type = Harvester
                    title = Harvester
                    repair = Engineer
                    mtbf = 72576000
                    extra_cost = 1.0
                    extra_mass = 0.2
                }
            MODULE
                {    name = Harvester
                    title = #KerbalismSimplex_ore_excavation
                    type = 0
                    resource = Ore
                    min_abundance = 0.02
                    rate = 0.0025
                    ec_rate = 1.0
                }
        }

Disclosure, I am not a modder or programmer. However, it looks to me like the !MODULE is disabling all of the stock modules of the mini and radial drill unit, and then the newly introduced module "Harvester" brings back planetary mining functionality. However, this module does not bring back asteroid or comet mining. Additionally, this is the only new module added to the part in the config. The stock drill config in the squad folder of course has many modules, including asteroid and comet mining, which are separate from the planetary harvester.

A similar thing occurs with the SIMPLEXResources modification in the same file, lines 37-140; and all subsequent configs from there onward within that file. My guess is that the drills need to have a specific module implemented for each harvest type; similar to how the stock config does it.

As a temporary solution I simply removed the '!' from the asteroid and comet modules. This does bring back stock functionality, including the stock thermal management system; but given that the normal resource harvester was modified by simplex, I imagine that so too should the other modules. I know that kerbalism does not use the stock thermal system, so this Band-Aid solution of mine does not really work out for more than a few seconds as the drill temperature rises.

6 hours ago, NubNibble said:

As a temporary solution I simply removed the '!' from the asteroid and comet modules. This does bring back stock functionality, including the stock thermal management system; but given that the normal resource harvester was modified by simplex, I imagine that so too should the other modules. I know that kerbalism does not use the stock thermal system, so this Band-Aid solution of mine does not really work out for more than a few seconds as the drill temperature rises.

Kerbalism doesn't do heat from modules like ISRU.  The devs of the mod couldn't/ didn't have the time or energy to implement it well as in the background.

I think I should have put the comet and asteroid stuff back in.  I'll have some time this weekend to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2023 at 6:53 AM, NubNibble said:

solution I simply removed the '!' from the asteroid and comet modules. This does bring back stock functionality,

It has taken some time to have the time to resolve this.   I've added back the functionality and removed the Heat component. 

I have also added in bahaEPL drills and such.  Also, I am trying to get the surfaceSample drill from this mod to work nicely with the kerbalism science system but it has been a while since scatching my head on the cfg setup for science. Should be doable though.  

Expect an update in the next couple of days.  Also Quatrix TechTrees will need an update.

Thanks for bringing up this issue!

Got the baha science drill to drill for surfacesamples only available previously by EVA.  Im going to make this drill much later in my TechTrees.  For some reason it takes 44 days rather than 50 seconds... and it is a one shot thing like goo but it weighs 1.1 tons. 

Just need to check the 3d printer against other mods for EL compatability and I'll release.

Good day to all)
Hope you can help me. Solve the problem or understand that it is impossible to solve it.

I have a problem with mods: "Kerbalism" and "RemoteTech".
At the moment of data transfer of a scientific experiment, the connection is lost.
If the data is not transmitted over the radio channel, then the connection is working, the probe is controlled.

Game version: 1.12.5
Kerbalism 3.17 for KSP 1.8.x to 1.12.x
RemoteTech 1.9.12 Recompiled for KSP 1.12.1

The github.com website states that Kerbalism supports RemoteTech. (https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/wiki/Home-~-Mod-Support) 

image.jpg

But at the start of the game there is a compatibility warning.

screenshot38.png

Installed mods:

game-data.jpg

video of the problem

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chachi_3 said:

a way to get bad air other than kerbals?

This mod places Bad Air in planetary atmospheres where you expect Carbon Dioxide, and integrates the harvester parts from Stockalike Mining Expansion.