[1.12.x] SIMPLEX Kerbalism 3.15

theJesuit

11 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

I saw that and quietly freaked out about whether kerbalism coped with kronometer.   Do you play with KCT as well?  I wonder how do build times get affected by these.

Yes I use KCT.   I am not sure if build times are affected by the larger scale of JNSQ as I have only ever used it with JNSQ.  I have used base Kerbalism, JNSQ, KCT and my date mod all together without major issue.  The only things to consider when modding for JNSQ are the Habitat timers and Experiment time, both I believe are coded in hours so that results in less 'days'.  There is a small bug with the planner showing the default time, so the experiment and the planner  Science Archive may disagree sometimes, with the experiment itself appearing to take exactly half of what the Science Archive says it will, due to the 6/12 hour day difference.  Habitat can make an early trip to Mun a little challenging so could definitely use a buff for the larger scale.

Edited by Cruesoe

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

@Cruesoe and @CessnaSkyhawk and everyone else.  Update uploaded.

Changes to science and containers which are gamebreaking, but we have had a number of ksp updates since the beginning of last year... so...

I'm pretty sure I've forgotten or missed something.   Happy for feedback.

I know you don't require the Community Resource Pack for this but does it play nicely with Rational Resources?

7 minutes ago, Cruesoe said:

I know you don't require the Community Resource Pack for this but does it play nicely with Rational Resources?

Rational Resources and Community Resource Pack should be able to be installed without any issues. 

That means you can use CRP and RR with your Far Future and other Nertea mods :)

I do recommend still Simplex Resources though if uou want something beyond a single Ore.

Edited by theJesuit

Hey I have a question, I guess this is more related to base Kerbalism, but just in case SIMPLEX makes a difference, I'll ask here
Does the Storm Shelter module from SSPX only offer protection from solar flares or will it also protect against a radiation belt?

Just now, Geryz said:

Hey I have a question, I guess this is more related to base Kerbalism, but just in case SIMPLEX makes a difference, I'll ask here
Does the Storm Shelter module from SSPX only offer protection from solar flares or will it also protect against a radiation belt?

With Kerbalism, the storm shelter really doesn't do anything much in the general mechanics.  It is just named that.

Peace.

Hi, I've switched to Simplex Kerbalism but I can't find the consumables to work  or appear as parts (Old and New ones). In fact I see some parts called Consumables storage but they are empty, no config files except that they can be worked in EVA construction. This is during an ongoing game of course, but I tried it in a new save and same thing..

The only Consumables part that works is the Kerbal Planetary Base Systems that has their variants of consumables, however I need the Inline too :(

Any help is appreciated!

Mod list: 5uQqeA7.png

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, Darknote said:

Hi, I've switched to Simplex Kerbalism but I can't find the consumables to work  or appear as parts (Old and New ones). In fact I see some parts called Consumables storage but they are empty, no config files except that they can be worked in EVA construction. This is during an ongoing game of course, but I tried it in a new save and same thing..

The only Consumables part that works is the Kerbal Planetary Base Systems that has their variants of consumables, however I need the Inline too :(

Any help is appreciated!

Mod list: 5uQqeA7.png

Thank you.

Oh.... maybe restock is the issue.  Okay.   I'll be checking this in a few hours.

9 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Oh.... maybe restock is the issue.  Okay.   I'll be checking this in a few hours.

Much appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: So I tried without Restock/Restock+ and still the same issue... And the NEAF Reactors not working of course, but I saw that you're already working on integrating that with Simplex Resources :D 

Edited by Darknote

Okay, the Near Future Electrics (specifically the nuclear reactors) I can't seem to get going even with vanilla kerbalism.  Assume its not compatible for now.

I want to update Simplex Resources (which standalone DOES work well with NF Electric nuclear) then I 'll look at the Consumables issues. 

I now have NF Electical working with vanilla kerbalism.  With simplex the dump option wont allow itself to be configured. I've found a mistake with the dump options in the support file for the reactors but it still wont ket me configure it.

Still... Progress!  Yes I still need to look at the containers issue. Hopefully tonight.

Ah... found so many issues.

I think i have found the dump issue for the nuke reators of near future electrical.  This appears to also be affecting ISRU.  But i may have found the solution.

Yes the containers seem to not have Consumables in them.  This was a mistake reversion in getting the release done.

I hope to have this sorted today.  Update then tonight or tomorrow morning.

I've been trying the mod (is great btw) for the past few days and I have a question: apart from the issue with the EVA propellant that was corrected, I've found that on rescue contracts, Kerbals spawn with empty EVA fuel (regular Kerbals from my crews have no issue with EVA fuel). Is this on purpose? That makes rescue missions harder, but I'm not sure if that was the intent.

7 hours ago, Captain_Gropius said:

I've found that on rescue contracts, Kerbals spawn with empty EVA fuel (regular Kerbals from my crews have no issue with EVA fuel). Is this on purpose? That makes rescue missions harder, but I'm not sure if that was the intent.

Its not a bug... its a feature!

No actually,  that wasnt intentional, but it is great.  But I'll look jnto it to fix it.

Found so many issues.

I think i have found the dump issue for the nuke reators of near future electrical.  This appears to also be affecting ISRU.  But i may have found the solution.

Yes the containers seem to not have Consumables in them.  This was a mistake in a reversion that getting the release done.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2021 at 5:08 AM, theJesuit said:

Forgot the fix - see it as a feature.

Update 3.1 Fixed consumables and rearranged some ISRU stuff internally. 

Apparently it seems that with SimplexResources, NearFuture Electrical is now behaving itself.  I should note that you need Simplex Resources, but not CRP.  If people want NF Electrical with Simplex Resources please request.

Peace.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, SingABrightSong said:

Quick  bug report: Looks like the greenhouse isn't being recognized by the Comfort system, which calls for "greenhouse" instead of the actual part name of "kerbalism-greenhouse"

Interesting...  I'll have a look. I always assumed it never worked as it was a problem in vanilla kerbalism at some point.   If you have solved it that is great!  Thank you!

Next update will include the greenhouse comfort fix, and ensure that the KPBS and SSPX greenhouses have it as well

I'm also going to include a special patch for JNSQ, which has days that last twice as long, twelve hours rather than six hours.  This will effectively double the mass of the Consumables and Air within pods and containers, but will mean that the units consumed per day will remain the same.  The mass amount per day will remain the same as vanilla kerbalism.

I'm also thinking of altering the JNSQ Mun's orbit down to be twelve or fourteen day orbit rather than the 25 or so day orbit.  This will make it a little easier to get to time wise, but not by much.

Non JNSQ saves  won't be affected.

Peace.

I seem to miss the "medium" life support container which I hope should be 1.8m in diameter.  The part is in the Parts folder, I can see it manipulated during the load (it is mentioned several times in KSP.log). Here is the screenshot demonstrating the problem (I used the fuel tank in place of missing part).

missing-medium.png

I did not find any related errors in KSP log. For the reference, here is the list of files/folders in my GameData:

000_Harmony     CommunityResourcePack   Kopernicus               ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll    ModuleManager.TechTree  SCANsat          SquadExpansion
999_KSP-Recall  HideEmptyTechTreeNodes  MandatoryRCSPartPack     ModuleManager.ConfigCache  NerfedReactionWheels    SigmaDimensions  toolbar-settings.dat
AngleCanMods    Kerbalism               MechJeb2                 ModuleManager.ConfigSHA    PersistentRotation      SmartParts       TriggerTech
AutoLoadGame    KerbalismSimplex        ModularFlightIntegrator  ModuleManager.Physics      RCSBuildAid             Squad            YongeTech_TechTreesPlugin

Any clues?

Edited by snakeru

@snakeru I'm not sure i made one at a 1.875m size to be honest.  There is one which is tiny that is a cube made from the experiment storage.

I'll have a look and create one this weekend hopefully :)

Edited by theJesuit

11 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

@snakeru I'm not sure i made one at a 1.875m size to be honest.  There is one which is tiny that is a cube made from the experiment storage.

I'll have a look and create one this weekend hopefully :)

Ah, that explains it! Yes, there is a rectangular one available. I just got confused because in config files they are named small-medium-large-huge, but in the game itself there is no "medium".

Thank you!

Updated!

@SingABrightSong the greenhouse fix is now present.

@snakeru I have now added a 1.875 Medium Consumables part (resized 1.25m one, just as the huge 3.75 is a resized 2.5m part)

Updated for kerbalism 3.13.

JNSQ is now uniquely supported.  The units per day in JNSQ are one the standard 1 Consumable, 1 Air per kerbal.  The actual mass consumed per hour is the same as vanilla kerbalism, and indeed, stock kerbalism simplex - the unit of resource changes mass to compensate, when JNSQ is installed.

Peace.

• 2 weeks later...

Having a strange issue. Simplex and Kerbalism in general are definitely working, but none of the resource slots related to life support exist in any part. I do have a tiny air tank unlocked, but it never drains. In addition, the life support tab part of the Kerbalism helper thingy in the VAB is missing. In general, it seems as though life support is disabled entirely.

1 hour ago, killbotvii said:

Having a strange issue. Simplex and Kerbalism in general are definitely working, but none of the resource slots related to life support exist in any part. I do have a tiny air tank unlocked, but it never drains. In addition, the life support tab part of the Kerbalism helper thingy in the VAB is missing. In general, it seems as though life support is disabled entirely.

That is strange.  Do you have Harmony and Kebalism Core (not Config) installed?