VAB DeltaV display, can not choose body

I can not change the body in the new DeltaV tool in the VAB. When I try to open the body list by clicking on the Kerbin button or the arrow right next to it first after entering the VAB the list will show up for a split second but the tool will close immediately. When I click that button again (after reopening the DeltaV tool) the tool stays open, but the body list doesn't appear.

KSP 1.6.1 (english)
Windows 10
64bit
Steam installation

2 hours ago, egoego said:

Above is the log of me starting a new game, going directly into the VAB, opening the DeltaVApp, trying to chaning the body (unsuccessfull) and then exiting the game the way I entered it.

File 'G:/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../Missions/MissionScoreInfo.cfg' does not exist

This file is missing and even though it doesn't seem to be related to your issue, something is definitly wonky in your install.

You can try to verify the game file integrity through steam (right click on KSP in your library -> properties -> local files) and if this doesn't help, go for a clean reinstall. This includes:

• Backup of your save game (very important!!) (maybe screenshots as well)
  • Uninstall the game through steam
  • Remove remaining files manually
  • Reinstall the game

25 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

This file is missing

I have a 1.5.1 install that is also missing ../Missions/MissionScoreInfo.cfg, presumably because I never played any missions.  That install also has the warning, but I have no reason to believe I got a bad download.

1 minute ago, OHara said:

I have a 1.5.1 install that is also missing ../Missions/MissionScoreInfo.cfg, presumably because I never played any missions.  That install also has the warning, but I have no reason to believe I got a bad download.

Odd...I haven't played any mission as well but I got this file so I had to assume it should be there by default.

16 minutes ago, OHara said:

There is a User-Interface bug that fits this description exactly.  https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/20753

If that is your problem, save your craft, exit the VAB and enter again, and then always click on the Δv button rather than hover over it. 

I didn't know about this bug. Sounds pretty much as the same issue :)

4 hours ago, egoego said:

- moderator edit -

Above is the log of me starting a new game, going directly into the VAB, opening the DeltaVApp, trying to chaning the body (unsuccessfull) and then exiting the game the way I entered it. 

The quoted post has been edited to remove the embedded log file.

Hey @egoego, huge embedded text files play complete havoc with our forum.  Especially for mobile users.  In order to prevent massive clogging when these pages load, the log file has been removed.  Please upload it to a file hosting service and link to it here.

Thanks for your understanding.

@egoego I would guess that this is the bug that happens when you hover over the delta-V icon before selecting a planet. As @OHara said, make sure that you always click the mouse button on the delta-V icon before choosing any settings in that menu.

I've also found that sometimes the menu overlaps the icon when I get close to it and it prevents me from clicking through it on the button. If that happens then it helps to move your mouse up to the top of the menu and click-and-drag it downwards to shrink the delta-V menu which also raises the bottom of the menu away from the button so that you can then click on it properly. I'd also encourage you to add an upvote to the bug report that OHara linked to here to raise awareness of this issue for the developers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.