[STOCK] Cannot compile model / Cannot compile part

Hello there people,

I've recently run into a game-breaking issue again and again. Some parts seem to not show up in my game. After skimming through the KSP.log I found that the game ran into issues while importing certain models on multiple occasions.

I'd like to add at this point that I'm using a fresh install, there is no modifications (apart from a custom part of mine, which doesn't load either). There's also lots of errors regarding finding and loading models in respect to IVA models when using the Unity PartTools with the 2017.1 version, but that's another story.

Here is an example error extracted from the log:

[ERR 16:54:14.418] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model from 'Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankT100' directory as model does not exist

[ERR 16:54:14.418] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 16:54:14.418] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 16:54:14.418] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankT200/fuelTankT200/fuelTankSmall'
[ERR 16:54:14.418] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model from 'Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankT200' directory as model does not exist

[ERR 16:54:14.418] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 16:54:14.418] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 16:54:14.418] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankT400/fuelTankT400/fuelTank'
[ERR 16:54:14.419] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model from 'Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankT400' directory as model does not exist

[ERR 16:54:14.419] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 16:54:14.419] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 16:54:14.419] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankT800/fuelTankT800/fuelTank_long'
[ERR 16:54:14.419] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model from 'Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankT800' directory as model does not exist

[ERR 16:54:14.419] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 16:54:14.419] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

The models are inside the folders, it's a fresh install after all. Is there anything I could be missing?

Full Log: 

- Moderator Edit -

The original post has been edited to remove the embedded log file.

Hey @Roartalhuge embedded text files play complete havoc with our forum.  Especially for mobile users.  In order to prevent massive clogging when these pages load, the log file has been removed.  Please upload it to a file hosting service and link to it here.

Thanks for your understanding.

7 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi as  the man said please zip and upload your log,  Some information on what version of KSP you are referring to  is also helpful, as the tanks you mention are not present at that file path in KSP 1.6.x  and have been relocated to the zDeprected folder

Ah yes, that was the issue! It appears that the partdatabase.cfg still listed the old tanks, referencing to the missing location you mentioned. Deleting it fixed the error. The issue with the Unity PartTools exporting corrupt .mu files still persists, but that's for another thread.

Thanks for your help @Starhawk and @SpannerMonkey(smce)! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.