How do I get this to the north pole without exploding?

How do I get this to the north pole without exploding?

ROFL!! Love it!! Very Kerbal. It actually looks fantastic. :)

Now, to answer seriously, this is what I would do but there is probably an easier way:

- launch a one-part space dock into LKO (part of the orbit construction mod)

- when the space dock is 'established' you can edit the space dock inventory (this is cheating) so that you have a lot of parts (set mass = 1000)

- stick a 'spacebuilt' part on your creation in the VAB (part of the orbit construction mod)

- ship 'teleports' into LKO next to your spacedock

- de-orbit your creation using MechJeb so you get a precise and careful landing.

- win

- post screenshots

- more win

- :D

You could put this into orbit by releasing craft from launch clamp, then stop the game and change craft orbital parameters in persistence file (you could put some dummy object on orbit for Ctrl+V orbital information and removing it).

togfox: The trusses are from the Deep Space and Kosmos packs.

Add wheels, jet engines and a lot of fuel and drive it to the north pole.
This seems very Kerbal. I might try it, although I think keeping it upright when driving over hills might actually be harder than keeping it together during ascent/landing.
Holy Poop?!What are you doing on the north pole? Digging to the core of Kerbal?

Making a interplanetary slingshot? Jeez this thing is Huge..

It's an antenna, intended for connecting all my RemoteTech keosynchronous satellites. Hence the north pole.

Update: MOAR TRUSSES.

r0H4L.jpg

Obviously, we need a bigger VAB. :cool:

If you are (pseudo) serious, you don't need that for a polar relay. The North Pole is really flat, just send a typical lander with a few antennae. That's what I do and it's not a problem....unless your relays are in really low equatorial orbits.