SolarNRG Mining Beta 2 RELEASED 10/6/12

Kayaking4autism

Holy....... Pie!

Thats a big dish!

Can we get Satelite TV on it too?:sticktongue:

Beta 3 looks shweet! Keep it up

Have a go, please report any bugs to me directly you WILL need damned robotics installed first.

The idea is this concentrates sunlight onto the refinery to break the minerals into component molecules for processing.

BETA 1.3 http://www./?cqawebdyf6sxk3b

Edited by Kayaking4autism

;251736']My suggestion to mod -

Mining explosives.

Miner cannon (shoot heavy projectile into ground to rise dust cloud with minerals)

Mining laser.

Thing' date=' like a vacuum cleaner, collecting minerals

Sorry for my very bad english.[/quote']

I know you Russians LOVE big explosions, but I'm trying to come up with a sustainable mining rig. I'm opting for a solar reflector to process the minerals using concentrated light energy.

The idea is to as efficiently as possible terraform the moon!

The laser idea I could do but I'd do it more by shining concentrated light on the rocks to break them up, the problem is computer controlling the angle of thousands of mirrors, a very hard task to do!

If you're able to help code I'll take you on the team! PM me if you're interested.

Have a go, please report any bugs to me directly you WILL need damned robotics installed first.

The idea is this concentrates sunlight onto the refinery to break the minerals into component molecules for processing.

BETA 1.3 http://www./?cqawebdyf6sxk3b

Absolute nightmare to get to the Mun in on piece lol, (Good laptop got "Claimed" by Africa, This one lags to like 0.3Fps:mad:)

But having an network of Hyperspace Enpoints, and the Antigravity Drive did the trick,

Had a whole Mining Colony on the Mun!!, With some kerbals as permanent Residents/Supervisors

Cant wait 'till we have something to do with all the Minerals!

Beta 1.3 is still redistributing parts without permission and such is violating the Damned Robotics license.

If it's just my stuff you are redistributing I can give you permission to do so right now, but redistributing first and asking for permission later is going to get you in trouble.

And I'll change your direct download link to a link to the thread.

But you still don't have a license so you need to fix that.

DRfastrotortronc is a different part and so is DRfastrotartron, they spin MUCH faster than DRrotartron they HAVE been modified and are ONLY found here.

Yes they are modified versions of the original rotartron but this is the only MOD that makes use of these unique parts.

I'm not redistributing ANYone elses parts, the worst you can do is say I borrowed the model for dr_rotartron if that's you're case I'll strip it also and give people a non moving mining machine.

Also I have already acknowledged your wishes and I have changed the Damned Robotics direct Download to a link to the main thread article.

Like I said in my previous post, you are allowed to use my models.

But modifying the .cfg of a part doesn't make it yours, so you still have to follow the rules set up in the original authors license. In this case all I asked for was for you to ask before you redistributed them.

Like I said in my previous post, you are allowed to use my models.

http://i.imgur.com/KRLFE.jpg

But modifying the .cfg of a part doesn't make it yours, so you still have to follow the rules set up in the original authors license. In this case all I asked for was for you to ask before you redistributed them.

I thank you for your blessing to reverse engineer your part, I think still I owe you credit for your basic cylinder spindle, now it is a parabolic arc all one piece, far less wobble and I decided to slim down the parabolic reflector to work on miniaturizing the design for inter-world travel.

There's a plan to work hard on skipping the Beta 1.x series now there is a complete working MOD but to now work on Beta 2.0.0 which will include the use of the new solar laser and unity and reflectivity and if your laser is off centre you don't refine minerals, the inventory menu hasn't even been started yet other than a provisional list of elements likely to be in the game. The current list of elements I've written are:

artifacts 0, aluminium 0, boron 0, calcium 0, diamonds 0, europium 0, francium 0, gold 0, hafnium 0, iridium 0, krypton 0, lithium 0, mercury 0, niobium 0, osmium 0, platium 0, ruthenium 0, silver 0, tantalum 0, uranium 0, vanadium 0, yttrium 0, zirconium 0,

How do you mumechjib dudes get a pop up menu to magically appear when a damned robotics part is spawned?

OH GOD, ALL MY WANT!!

don't forget the scutters :D

Well I done Starbug today instead: [ATTACH=CONFIG]32785[/ATTACH]

9/11/12 Here's the best flying red dwarf I've ever made, can do orbits everything now. http://www./?4ik19ssik1x1ifn

Not sure whether to have this as a "Red Dwarf Mining Mod" Or two separate mods.

Here's a video of red dwarf in action anyhow....

Enjoy!

Better Red Dwarf

Will your mod be able to mine unobtainium? ;)

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

But you can't get that! It is simply unobtainable! Though perhaps getting some uranium and pointing high energy lasers at it would create fusion with such high level atoms, that you can make a tiny amount off unobtainium!

• 2 weeks later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33521[/ATTACH]Eventually yes but the closest attempt to a deep space mining mission ended up in disaster with three kerbals alive and the rover with two wheels gone and the rover flipped. so right no 0 minerals a minute processed.

I like your idea tho I'll code it in.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34279[/ATTACH]

Hey guys I know everything's been a little quiet as of late but here's a screenshot of the upcoming mining inventory which is demonstrating currently able to distinguish between two types of rock and add each type into the right box, we're working very hard on this mod and its also a learning curve. For me at least I think Red Dwarf and Starbug side projects (which I'm very happy with) were important steps. When I started this mod I was totally in the dark even about .dae. Now look, I'm coding, modelling, texturing, part.cfg monkeying working in unity. Don't get me wrong I still got a LOT to learn but I think I've really surprised myself how much work I've done in such a short space of time.

Now Red Dwarf and Starbug are basically done apart from a few extra beds and walls in the decks I'm returning this month to work on mining mod. The votes have spoken 12,000 vs 3,000 Miningmod vs red dwarf.

I think this mod warrants more attention and so it shall. I hope this mod can out-do kethane eventually but not conflict with! This mod will be ONLY used for all the other elements bar fuel. YOU CANNOT MAKE FUEL WITH THIS MOD AND NEVER WILL BE. But I am hoping you can make engines (if you have enough materials)

I mean right now its possible to spawn rocks, I'm hoping it will also be possible to use the new menu to select which part you want to spawn and then deduct a certain amount from your cargo bay to spawn it. i.e 2m truss uses 4 aluminium 1m uses 2. In the future there will be more elements and you can spawn a computer for 3 silicon, 1 germanium 2 copper and 1 tantalum.

Currently the coding for the orerecycler is doing an if else is it rock1 is it rock2, but really this needs a case statement for all the materials you want.

the next challenge will have to be a mining map where in certain places you get calcium and carbon and nothing else and some areas you get mainly lead and bismuth.

I'm going to ask about to see if anyone remembers the legendary "red faction" wall rocket tunnellling code because I think terrain alteration would be awesome especially for terraforming.

kudos to this man but um i think the ore collecter should be like a vaccum cleaner and sucks items up from a kinda of distance not by alot but enough for the drill it to collect stuff near the drill instead of driving over it cause it causes problems anyways keep up the work also might you try to use toshs cart mod for your vehicles use it as a base for your own mini vehicle and include the plugin in the install and the its amazeing what you can do

Edited by blackwing
forgot to add something

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.