The Smallest Mun Lander Spacecraft

Today im challenging you to try and beat my 0.4 ton unmanned mun lander satellite/spacecraft (aka the smallest satellite w/engine), which was originally supposed to be just a satellite that would orbit kerbin but when I decided to try and land it on the mun it was able to with extra fuel to return back to kerbin! 

This is the craft, you download it if you want: https://kerbalx.com/JohnsterSpaceProgram/Smallest-Satellite-wEngine

NctUs4T.jpg

4hzh2Ef.jpg

16 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Where should the spacecraft start from? Low Mun orbit? I don't see a specification up there, that could definitely affect what the minimum mass is.

I launched the spacecraft on a rocket from the launchpad, the 0.4 ton mass is only the satellite itself, not including the rockets mass.

30 minutes ago, Johnster_Space_Program said:

I launched the spacecraft on a rocket from the launchpad, the 0.4 ton mass is only the satellite itself, not including the rockets mass.

So does the measured mass start from low Kerbin orbit or a Kebrin-Mun transfer orbit? If it's Low Kerbin Orbit you might want to put a limit on the altitude.

1 minute ago, Ultimate Steve said:

So does the measured mass start from low Kerbin orbit or a Kebrin-Mun transfer orbit? If it's Low Kerbin Orbit you might want to put a limit on the altitude.

Yes, the mass starts from Low Kerbin Orbit. The orbit altitude limit was approximately 100 km by 100 km.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.