What's that mod that allows you to put kerbals in external seats in-build?

millionmax

I once saw somebody on YT put kerbals in a EAS-1 External Command Seat inside the SPH (in the crew tab). I went and looked at their modlist and it was like crazy long. Does anyone know what this mod is called, perhaps?

P.S. there may be multiple ones, but just any that work for 1.6.1? thanks

24 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

That's been stock behavior since 1.5.

39 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's  called Take Command, but isn't  needed on 1.6

Really? It doesn't seem to be working for me.

nothing.png

oh BTW thanks for the picture posting guide ;) 

3 minutes ago, millionmax said:

Really? It doesn't seem to be working for me.

nothing.png

oh BTW thanks for the picture posting guide ;) 

I believe that's happening because it's inside of the service bay.  Move it outside and see if you can put a kerbal in it.

1 minute ago, Geonovast said:

I believe that's happening because it's inside of the service bay.  Move it outside and see if you can put a kerbal in it.

hmm... still not working. i put one on the stabilizer and still nothing comes up :(

Just now, Geonovast said:

Yeah I just tested it, and it worked for me.

Are you on Steam?

yeah, i'm on steam. Does it only work for another version? (TBH didn't know that KSP was on anything but steam) (Is there like a downloadable version or something?)

3 minutes ago, millionmax said:

yeah, i'm on steam. Does it only work for another version? (TBH didn't know that KSP was on anything but steam) (Is there like a downloadable version or something?)

Oh no, there's no difference.  You get the same game whether you buy it from Steam, the KSP store, or GOG.  But there have been update issues with Steam lately.  Try validating the game files.

Game does not seem to care about any kind of occlusion. 

ddascreenshot39.png

Edited by Geonovast

1 minute ago, Geonovast said:

Oh no, there's no difference.  You get the same game whether you buy it from Steam, the KSP store, or GOG.  But there have been update issues with Steam lately.  Try validating the game files.

i have no idea how you "validate" game files (i'm bad at files stuff lol), but this could also be the reason i can't take off my kerbals' helmets.

4 minutes ago, millionmax said:

i have no idea how you "validate" game files (i'm bad at files stuff lol), but this could also be the reason i can't take off my kerbals' helmets.

Could be.  Also, are you SURE you're on 1.6?

In Steam, right click on the game, go to Properties.  Click on the Local Files tab, and click on Verify Integrity Of Game Files.

4 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Could be.  Also, are you SURE you're on 1.6?

In Steam, right click on the game, go to Properties.  Click on the Local Files tab, and click on Verify Integrity Of Game Files.

after looking at the your How Do I Post Pictures? guide, I can tell you don't have windows. Does this affect anything?

wondow.png

I don't see a "Local Files" tab. Am I doing it wrong?

Just now, millionmax said:

after looking at the your How Do I Post Pictures? guide, I can tell you don't have windows. Does this affect anything?

wondow.png

I don't see a "Local Files" tab. Am I doing it wrong?

In your Steam Library itself.

svf1.jpgsvf2.png

okay, did that. it worked.

ohno.png

does that matter? :/

yes.png

anyway, it worked! :D thanks for all the help, i bet i can also take off kerbal helmets too now!

rover.png

yep that works too! (i have TextureReplacer so the kerbals have different hairstyles now)

11 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Kerbals have mass?

yes they do, approximately the same amount as a PB-NUK thermo-something generator - around 0.08 tons.

EDIT: that's the mass for a kerbal in a chair. A kerbal is actally about 0.03 tons, doing the subtraction

on the other hand, if you put a kerbal in a seat and compare it to it not being in the seat in the editor, it appears they are actually 0.094 tons.

Edited by millionmax
wrong

2 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Now if only the Kerbals would actually be in the seats in the VAB, so their mass will count in dV calculations.

This appears to be the case for the stock dV readout.  694 vs 557.  You just can't see them in the seat.

a73screenshot51.png

9dfscreenshot52.png

8 hours ago, Geonovast said:

This appears to be the case for the stock dV readout.  694 vs 557.  You just can't see them in the seat.

Now somebody needs to make a mod so you can see them in the seat, so you can tell if their head goes through a fairing when you're making one of those 1-ton crafts, which I have...

2 hours ago, millionmax said:

Now somebody needs to make a mod so you can see them in the seat, so you can tell if their head goes through a fairing when you're making one of those 1-ton crafts, which I have...

This. I did think about using that Holo-Kerbal mod someone made to add it to the Command Chair, but I couldn't figure out how. I might go back to it at some point.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.