So what is Serenity?

Jestersage

Iiiiiiinnnnnteresting.

There is one bug opened for it, and that bug is that it's in the tracker :D It's 2 days old.

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/21076

Description

Whatever this is from, it probably shouldn't be there right now unless there's a new DLC being announced today.

---

Okay so Squad likes puns. Making History. dV or not dV. So what would "Serenity" be in that case?

I'll admit I got nothing.

Edited by 5thHorseman

17 minutes ago, razark said:

That would make sense, but with what was added in Making History, how would it fit?

I agree that MH makes my random theory less likely. However we DO know from Squad's old data that most people don't venture outside of Kerbin SOI, so it would seem reasonable to continue to focus on things like the Mun.

Personally, I would love for KSP to get one final visual overhaul (including clouds, etc), quash remaining bugs, and call it a game. I would probably pay for that as its own "DLC"

56 minutes ago, I_Killed_Jeb said:

Might be a play on Tranqulity Base/ Mare Tranquilitatis, the famed Apollo landing site?

Could be, although there also is a real "Sea of Serenity" so named on the Moon as well. (of course, the "Pacific Ocean" literally means the same thing too.)

I myself would rather not speculate at this point.

Edited by HvP

34 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Perhaps a revamp of surface operations?

That could be nice.  It's a little underwhelming to reach somewhere, click a couple times, and be done.  I'd love to see more to do once we get somewhere.

12 minutes ago, HvP said:

I myself would rather not speculate at this point.

What kind of Forumite are you?!?  Don't you know that blind speculation based on insufficient information is the bread and butter of this place?

The obvious reaction is to develop this nearly-nonexistent data into a wild, fully-developed flight of imagination that will leave all of us completely underwhelmed by the (absolutely reasonable) reality that Squad finally reveals to us!

12 minutes ago, HvP said:

of course, the "Pacific Ocean" literally means the same thing too.

So, we're getting a a new boat/submarine/ship/Sealab update?  AWESOME!  SQUAD KNOWS JUST WHAT THE PLAYERS WANT!

(See, That is how you do it. :wink:)

Edited by razark

3 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I mean that'd be cool.

Very, and it would make some sense.

4 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Iiiiiiinnnnnteresting.

There is one bug opened for it, and that bug is that it's in the tracker :D It's 2 days old.

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/21076

Description

Whatever this is from, it probably shouldn't be there right now unless there's a new DLC being announced today.

---

Okay so Squad likes puns. Making History. dV or not dV. So what would "Serenity" be in that case?

I'll admit I got nothing.

Yeah, I was apparently the first to notice. I didn't feel like making a big fuss speculating on new DLC anywhere and just poke the devs that they let slip a likely codename early. I was hoping they'd just announce whatever it is, but instead, they were apparently working on a new Twitch model.

4 minutes ago, Nebbie said:

I was hoping they'd just announce whatever it is, but instead, they were apparently working on a new Twitch model.

It makes total sense. What is the last thing you'd probably do if you were serene? TWITCH.

Riddle solved. Go home everybody nothing to see here.

They could call a DLC "mashed potatoes" and still could work.

However, why would they make a bugtracker section for something that is not there yet?

Maybe, just maybe it was made for the team only, if they are actually working on something, but it accidentally went public.

Edited by The Aziz

Serenity is the new standalone KSP game mode where you design, place, and erect your new surface bases using the new Base Builder™️ tool.  Unfortunately the mode is separate from the others so it will just be a separate save, and you will never be able to incorporate your Serenity Base™️ into your career, science, sandbox, or MH Missions. /s

Edited by klesh

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.