So what is Serenity?

Jestersage

6 hours ago, I_Killed_Jeb said:

However we DO know from Squad's old data that most people don't venture outside of Kerbin SOI, so it would seem reasonable to continue to focus on things like the Mun.

...or focus on things that get people to leave the Kerbin SOI.  ...but one of these things is harder than the other.  So, your idea is more likely.

6 hours ago, I_Killed_Jeb said:

Personally, I would love for KSP to get one final visual overhaul (including clouds, etc), quash remaining bugs, and call it a game. I would probably pay for that as its own "DLC"

Yes, please.

7 hours ago, I_Killed_Jeb said:

Might be a play on Tranqulity Base/ Mare Tranquilitatis, the famed Apollo landing site?

Yes! Good idea. Maybe it could be something that would let you do more things on the surface of a planet, such as set up experiments and unfold and drive around rovers stored in cargo bays in the lander!

Okay.  I'm just going to throw my hopes and dreams out there so I can be disappointed like everyone else.

Kerbal Space Program: Serenity Planetary Habitation pack!

• The battle with life support is here!  This additional difficulty option brings another level of gameplay to KSP!  Help your Kerbals survive by packing plenty of snacks today!
  • Need a harder challenge?  Try the new and amazing not-MKS-lite resource production system!  Mine raw resources, build and expand your base, and process and transform these resources into other more different resources!
  • Additional base parts can be used in standard gameplay as well!
  • Still not hard enough for you?  Try out one of our two new solar systems!  Each new solar system is that much bigger, providing that much more challenge and intrigue!  Choose the system that suits your play style today!

The all new Serenity Planetary Habitation pack!  Buy it (not) today!

My money is on it being a small colonization based pack with an overhaul/extension to the resource system to create self-sufficient bases (maybe generating parts out of the KSC), maybe a lite Life Support model and a watered down logistics system that is implemented by some new cargo carrier like parts ala Luna Gateway and a plugin like code base to handle transfer of resources without craft connections.

!remindme 6 months

Edited by Poodmund

7 hours ago, razark said:

So, we're getting a a new boat/submarine/ship/Sealab update?  AWESOME!  SQUAD KNOWS JUST WHAT THE PLAYERS WANT!

(See, That is how you do it. :wink:)

Submarine DLC confirmed!!!

Gotta love leaks this way... I remember years back when I eagerly awaited Homeworld 2 news, and one day a pic of a higaran battlecruiser went up, with no context, and was then removed.

Jokes aside, if they did another DLC, I would think its more probable that its a surface base building thing... perhaps life support, perhaps extraplanetary launchpads.

Personally, I really like playing Duna/Laythe spaceprogram. If the did that in a stock way in the next DLC, that would be cool, it adds a lot of replayability, and gets players to explore bodies other than Kerbin/Mun/Minmus.

With the making history placeable launchpads, it seems like they've got part of what they need already in the game.

Now if there was some big anniversary coming up, related to space-y things, there might be some great marketing opportunities for themed merch.

Anyone remember what was going on about 50 years ago?  Can't quite recall...

25 minutes ago, Vexillar said:

Now if there was some big anniversary coming up, related to space-y things, there might be some great marketing opportunities for themed merch.

7684e2b9-1fec-40b3-94c8-48cd0f016402.png

The only info google gave me.

thonk.png

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Why would merch have a section on the bugtracker though?

Well, you could describe DLC as "merch", as in something that is sold for money... Judging by the rate that the part revamps are going, we should have a full set by 1.8, which is due around June-July.

On the other hand, a kerbal eagle, looking tranquil, standing on a nice base, perhaps?

15 hours ago, Vexillar said:

Now if there was some big anniversary coming up, related to space-y things ... Anyone remember what was going on about 50 years ago?  Can't quite recall...

I see what you're getting at but the 50th anniversary of my birth was several years ago.  Still, thanks for thinking of me.

On 1/31/2019 at 11:39 AM, Vexillar said:

Weren't there a bunch of amateur astronomers looking at the Mare Tranquiliatis that year? Can't reason why, but apparently they were, and "serenity" is closely related to "tranquility".

I'm hoping for something for Kerbonauts to do on extraplanetary surfaces. It'd fit the theme and make me care more about manned landings... well, it will if/when that gets to RP-1 anyways.

Dudes! I know what it is! It is a enhanced interactive IVA on a part module called "serenity". We will be able to move around inside our ships yey :D

Edited by Redneck

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.