Jestersage

On 1/31/2019 at 12:50 PM, Fearless Son said:

Now I have an image of a Kerbal posing in my head and saying,

"In the name of the Mun, I shall punish you!"

On 2/2/2019 at 5:40 PM, rothomp3 said:

The prophecy has been fulfilled!

(Because this scene from Serenity is so damn Kerbal):

screenshot006.png

Wash: Well, if she doesn't get us some extra flow from the engine room to offset the burn-through, this landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting"?
Wash: [deadpan] "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: [over intercom] This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.
Mal: [to Wash] Just... get us to the ground.
Wash: Of that I'm fairly certain!
Edited by Fearless Son

21 hours ago, Loskene said:

It's a bait and switch. They're just putting it there to see what you all think it is and then they're going to make the most popular answer. :wink:

If this were true, then...

Serenity is going to combine a massive bugsquash, introduce a high-performance rigid-body physics engine, add surface experiments and reasons to actually establish a surface presence, give Duna/Ike a barycenter, rebalance stock part costs and masses to make sense, add GP2, add a suicide burn timer and more easily accessed true-altitude and vertical/horizontal speed indicators, add larger-sized NTR/ion engines, let Kerbals know about the magic technology of "ladders" sooner, add tiny RCS blocks early-game for people who don't want to abuse the reaction wheels, and fix inconsistencies and outright weirdnesses with the aero model.

EDIT: And a pony.

Edited by Starman4308
Pony.

4 minutes ago, Starman4308 said:

Serenity is going to combine a massive bugsquash, introduce a high-performance rigid-body physics engine, add surface experiments and reasons to actually establish a surface presence, give Duna/Ike a barycenter, rebalance stock part costs and masses to make sense, add GP2, add a suicide burn timer and more easily accessed true-altitude and vertical/horizontal speed indicators, add larger-sized NTR/ion engines, let Kerbals know about the magic technology of "ladders" sooner, add tiny RCS blocks early-game for people who don't want to abuse the reaction wheels, and fix inconsistencies and outright weirdnesses with the aero model.

Plus a revamped career mode and multiplayer.

1 hour ago, Starman4308 said:

1 hour ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Plus a revamped career mode and multiplayer.

And procedural tanks, both in size and shape, and contents. And they'll have fixed every single bug and oddity with the dV system. And added configurable readouts of various orbital parameters on each screen. And... and... and...

I need to go breathe into a paper bag for a while.

2 hours ago, Starman4308 said:

vertical/horizontal speed indicators

Wait...

Those are right on screen already? Well, vertical is... And I guess horizontal is...  but ok... I can understand what you mean, you want fine data.

See How I talked myself out of my own argument?  :D

Edited by Gargamel

On 2/4/2019 at 11:19 AM, I_Killed_Jeb said:

I mean at this point I feel we need to make a hype train

[ And a few more enthusiasm references after.... ]

Then it's time.  @GregroxMun, think the fire's been stoked, so there should be a good head of steam....

13 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Wait...

Those are right on screen already? Well, vertical is... And I guess horizontal is...  but ok... I can understand what you mean, you want fine data.

See How I talked myself out of my own argument?  :D

You're right. My post shall be edited to better reflect what the players want.

19 hours ago, Starman4308 said:

Why not a soft-body engine?

Also, the ability to design your own parts in game from the plumbing up, deformable terrain, bug-free moving actuators, and PBR rendering, uh... *checks latest graphics buzzwords* raytracing.

11 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Why not a soft-body engine?

Also, the ability to design your own parts in game from the plumbing up, deformable terrain, bug-free moving actuators, and PBR rendering, uh... *checks latest graphics buzzwords* raytracing.

Kerbal.NG Fly

Now that's the kind of studio collaboration I could get behind. Imagine the videos of people trying to design balloon tanks under soft body physics.

56 minutes ago, lapis said:

1ef.jpg

Well, technically, this is a Metahype Train, as @GregroxMun pointed out, there's no details except the name "Serenity" and our fondest wishes for game improvements.   (I still *really* want a way to properly store science reports without the stupidity of EVAing to pull out science and then store it.)

On 2/10/2019 at 5:47 AM, GregroxMun said:

We can't go until we have any actual idea what Serenity is. When Squad announces it, then maybe the Hype Train is ready.

Need more substance before there's an actual Hype Train.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.