So what is Serenity?

Jestersage

On 2/14/2019 at 3:40 PM, MaverickSawyer said:

It's a launch site on the Munar surface. Console players are confirmed to be getting it in their next update with their equivalent of Making History.

...and there goes our hopes and dreams.

You're probably right.  @SQUAD this is what happens when you're default position is silence.  You destroy hopes and dreams.  Think of the children, Squad.  Think of the children.

2 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

...and there goes our hopes and dreams.

You're probably right.  @SQUAD this is what happens when you're default position is silence.  You destroy hopes and dreams.  Think of the children, Squad.  Think of the children.

It is literally under the EXPANSIONS section of the bug tracker. It is going to be a DLC just like Making History. There is nothing to guess about. This is just common logic. 

5 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

It is literally under the EXPANSIONS section of the bug tracker. It is going to be a DLC just like Making History. There is nothing to guess about. This is just common logic. 

So it’s probably the whole History Parts Pack that was recently announced.

On 1/30/2019 at 8:16 PM, Jestersage said:

So is this just a seperate branch, or something in line?
matvznkhemd21.png

Please don't gimp the DLC this time, btw. Other than that, shut up and take my money!

Oukey. One more trick to get more money from the players. Well, it worked :D let me check my piggy bank, the poor thingy has its days counted by now. :)

"New Launch Sites

With the History and Parts Pack you will also have the ability to launch your crafts from 4 additional complexes: the Woomerang Launchsite, the Dessert Complex, the Island Runway and a brand new Mun Launchsite, not currently available on PC!"

A way to unlock? More single player(campaign) content? Build a Mun base with quests? Given the mission creation tools from the first DLC, I wouldn't be shocked if they put a dedicated quest line for making an off world base.

Edited by SlinkyMcman

3 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

MH acts like any other mod, just delete every file you don't need and you should be good to go. (I haven't checked what's inside these folders so I can't tell if it's possible or not)

Unfortunately not.  Like stock ksp, terrain textures, launch site buildings, and suit and such are encoded in same dll file.  Only part files and icons are external.  So by Making Less History forcing the dll not to load, or deleting the files that aren't parts, then you don't get the suits, or the launch sites loaded along with the no mission planner.

First time I'm jealous of the Consoles @SQUAD. How about splitting Making History into two dlls to achieve this in the next PC update please?

Peace.

21 minutes ago, KerikBalm said:

Source?

Obviously.

But yeah, "not currently" gives some hope. I still can't find a connection between the console DLC and Serenity word though. Besides the mentioned launchsite, of course, because I think Serenity has something to do with the Mun. 

On 2/15/2019 at 5:29 AM, 5thHorseman said:

That's what they call a rocket in France.

Rocket Royale, with Baguette Boosters!

On 2/15/2019 at 3:10 AM, MaverickSawyer said:

It's a launch site on the Munar surface.

Well, there go my plans for an EL off world rocket building base on Munar Surface....

On 2/3/2019 at 1:46 AM, klgraham1013 said:

Oh goodness.  It's probably this.  Please, @SQUAD, for the love of all that is good and honorable, if it's just the console update, kill this thread now.  I've seen you let to many things get out of hand because it wasn't a part of the marketing departments "master plan."  If Serenity is just the console update, kill this thread before our hopes and dreams become big enough to lift us to the Mun.

Why would it be console?

On 2/12/2019 at 3:19 PM, Xurkitree said:

Imagine if Serenity was the codename for KSP 2.0 lmao

Please no, why not just update KSP 1 no need to buy something all over again and rebuild all our craft! This is only tolerable if they find a way to let us transfer crafts. Furthur more we have to re do ALL of our mods. So many hours have been put into KSP 1 to just replace it with KSP 2. I would rather pay for. KSP 2 DLC that has derivative DLCs that only work if you have the KSP 2 dlc

On 2/8/2019 at 10:12 PM, klgraham1013 said:

This is to diabolically ingenious to be true.

Indeed

On 2/9/2019 at 6:15 PM, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Why not a soft-body engine?

Also, the ability to design your own parts in game from the plumbing up, deformable terrain, bug-free moving actuators, and PBR rendering, uh... *checks latest graphics buzzwords* raytracing.

We can only hope

On 2/8/2019 at 10:29 PM, Starman4308 said:

If this were true, then...

Serenity is going to combine a massive bugsquash, introduce a high-performance rigid-body physics engine, add surface experiments and reasons to actually establish a surface presence, give Duna/Ike a barycenter, rebalance stock part costs and masses to make sense, add GP2, add a suicide burn timer and more easily accessed true-altitude and vertical/horizontal speed indicators, add larger-sized NTR/ion engines, let Kerbals know about the magic technology of "ladders" sooner, add tiny RCS blocks early-game for people who don't want to abuse the reaction wheels, and fix inconsistencies and outright weirdnesses with the aero model.

EDIT: And a pony.

Yea serenity is just Jebediahs horse collection in the mountains :) 

4 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

They just announced a new update for console.

Ahh

Edited by Cheif Operations Director

On 2/20/2019 at 9:52 AM, Cheif Operations Director said:

Please no, why not just update KSP 1 no need to buy something all over again and rebuild all our craft!

I think the craftbuilding is kind of the fun for a lot of us

I would love a KSP2, not built on Unity, that looks great, has multi-thread physics and can take proper advantage of GPUs, etc. I would gladly pay 60 bucks for that

19 minutes ago, I_Killed_Jeb said:

I think the craftbuilding is kind of the fun for a lot of us

I would love a KSP2, not built on Unity, that looks great, has multi-thread physics and can take proper advantage of GPUs, etc. I would gladly pay 60 bucks for that

This is true, but I do not want to rebuild entire space stations with intricate truss work and then get them to other planets, furfur more all mods would need to be re done. All I'm saying is that the KSP community is not like a FPS but a very connected game due to mods and a KSP II would jeopardies that tied community. Furthermore having to reset the game from scratch is a lot of work and if they need to compromise a bit of the physics so it can run smoother I'm fine with that. A lot of use laptops to run ksp and it is already laggy and adding to make physics perfect would kill that entire market. In summary it is not economical for SQUAD or Take Two and would destroy the fabric of KSP.

8 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

This is true, but I do not want to rebuild entire space stations with intricate truss work and then get them to other planets, furfur more all mods would need to be re done. All I'm saying is that the KSP community is not like a FPS but a very connected game due to mods and a KSP II would jeopardies that tied community. Furthermore having to reset the game from scratch is a lot of work and if they need to compromise a bit of the physics so it can run smoother I'm fine with that. A lot of use laptops to run ksp and it is already laggy and adding to make physics perfect would kill that entire market. In summary it is not economical for SQUAD or Take Two and would destroy the fabric of KSP.

KSP2 would presumably be a full release separate from KSP1 so I doubt anyone's fabric would be destroyed. As generous as the updates may be I would be shocked if T2 just gave away a sequel to all OG owners of KSP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.