[1.5.x~1.7.x] ProgressiveColonizationSystem - Life Support & Colonization for more fun in late game

Having an issue (well i can see it as an advantage sometimes but it's still bugging me), my kerbals aren't eating snacks anymore. Yes, I know they don't eat snacks while on kerbin, and they'll happily work again when back on kerbin even if they're out of snacks. But here, they're not eating them while in space. I may have enabled infinite propellant and electricity at some point but it's been disabled since then and I don't see what else could cause this.

Help please.

EDIT : Aaaand the cupcake button is gone .. noticed that recently. Bad mod interaction ?

Edited by Nirahiel
On 3/12/2021 at 5:09 AM, Nirahiel said:

EDIT : Aaaand the cupcake button is gone .. noticed that recently. Bad mod interaction ?

Not eating and this button is gone?  Hm.  I think something has gone wrong in your install and it's not loading at all.

Debugging something like this is pretty near impossible - and if one mod has a problem like this, likely more do.  You might back up your KSP folder, wipe all your mods out and reinstall them all.

On 3/13/2021 at 9:33 PM, NermNermNerm said:

Not eating and this button is gone?  Hm.  I think something has gone wrong in your install and it's not loading at all.

Debugging something like this is pretty near impossible - and if one mod has a problem like this, likely more do.  You might back up your KSP folder, wipe all your mods out and reinstall them all.

Aha. I had the same problem (which I first noticed in seeing that none of my parts had settings for tiers in the PAW).  After quite a lot of mucking around, I think I found it. I fiddled a lot with deleting and reinstalling stuff to no avail. Then I took a quick glance at the KSP.log. That's often too cryptic and full of cra^h^h^hstuff for me to figure much out, but this time I noticed right near the beginning a "poodle" (as the forum software likes to bowdlerize a term also used to refer to female dogs :-)) about PKS throwing an exception. Seemed to be related to being unable to find things in contract configurator. I'm not even using contract configurator. Hmm... I wonder... Added contract configurator and that seemed to  solve it. I'm guessing the newest version of PKS added a hard dependency on contract configurator, but that dependency didn't get added in CKAN. I suppose I ought to mention this in the CKAN forum, but I don't know how (or if it is even possible) to post a single message to both fora ( @HebaruSan   ?). Also, I probably ought to verify my guess with @NermNermNerm.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 1:36 PM, rmaine said:

the newest version of PKS added a hard dependency on contract configurator

You're probably right - I'll have a look at fixing that this weekend.  I thought I had arranged for it to not straight-up require it.