[HELP] Rescue 4 tourist and Jeb Mun low orbit

Hello,

Im actualy orbiting mun with 4 tourist and Jeb I ran out of fuel and i need to bring them back to Kerbin. So i decided to build a rescue craft but i realised that i cant EVA tourists. So i can only save Jeb but not the tourist... Is there any solution to bring them back ?

There are some pics https://imgur.com/gallery/yNAoy8j

PS: Sorry for my bad english :S

Edited by Yinyin974

1. Alt F12, cheat menu.

2. Do you have a klaw? Klaw your rescue ship to the other ship and push both home. This is the most fun way, as you can leave jeb and the tourists there for some time and still get money, as long as you can generate science and contract does not expire. (Jeb is an excellent guide, with his far too optimistic attitude and bold jokes)

3. Have jeb get out and push.

Edited by Xd the great

Welcome to the forums.

You don't need to EVA the tourists to get them into a new ship. But you do need the Klaw. I don't think you will be able to do this rescue until you have unlocked it in the tech tree. (It's also called the "Advanced Grabbing Unit.")

Once you have it, you will need to practice with using it. It is tricky to use. But whenever you have a "rescue" situation, you will probably need it.

To use it, you have to "Arm" it, and then you have to touch the other ship with it, at a 90 degree angle (or as close as you can get to 90 degrees).

When you do that, the two ships will stick together and become one ship. You will be able to use the "Transfer Crew" function to move the Tourists into the other ship. Or you can transfer fuel into the stranded ship (depending on your settings). Or you can use one ship to push the other ship back to Kerbin. (You may have to be careful to turn off the engines on one of the ships -- you don't want both engines burning at the same time!)

Why build another rescue craft with a return capsule and all that when this thing just needs more gas?  If you can latch onto it... just pump some more fuel into it.

If you don't have the klaw, then I would use the rescue craft to simply push the stranded ship into a return trajectory.

2 hours ago, Yinyin974 said:

Hello,

Im actualy orbiting mun with 4 tourist and Jeb I ran out of fuel and i need to bring them back to Kerbin. So i decided to build a rescue craft but i realised that i cant EVA tourists. So i can only save Jeb but not the tourist... Is there any solution to bring them back ?

There are some pics https://imgur.com/gallery/yNAoy8j

PS: Sorry for my bad english :S

Your English is fine.

Anyway, you could try a vessel with a cradle in the front that's made of girders, I-beams, or other structural parts (or non-structural parts--you can do it with upward-facing landing legs).  These can hold the target vessel and keep it in front while the cradle-vessel takes both back to Kerbin and de-orbits.  I don't know whether your vessel can take the impact forces involved in that, but if so, it would get everyone home.

Thank you all for your help and your welcoming !

I don't know how to insert your text in my response so sorry !

I think im going to send a refueling ship equiped with a klaw. I need science to unlock the klaw, so im going to send my first vessel to minmus it should gave me enought science to unlock the klaw. One question do i need to grab a specific part of the vessel to get the refueling "accepted" or anywhere should be ok ?

Im working on it and i will send you pics of the rescue ! 

Again thank you :D

4 minutes ago, Yinyin974 said:

I don't know how to insert your text in my response so sorry !

There's a button at the bottom of each post that says "Quote".

5 minutes ago, Yinyin974 said:

One question do i need to grab a specific part of the vessel to get the refueling "accepted" or anywhere should be ok ? 

Anywhere should be fine if you're playing with the normal difficulty, but given the design of your ship, the side of the tank would probably be easiest anyway.  There's a difficulty option that would prevent the fuel from going through your heatshield, but it's off by default on normal.

1 hour ago, Geonovast said:

Why build another rescue craft with a return capsule and all that when this thing just needs more gas?  If you can latch onto it... just pump some more fuel into it.

If you don't have the klaw, then I would use the rescue craft to simply push the stranded ship into a return trajectory.

The pushing one sound good but i need to increased my skill lvl. I never go further than mun. Im too scared for this one ^^

34 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

There's a button at the bottom of each post that says "Quote".

Anywhere should be fine if you're playing with the normal difficulty, but given the design of your ship, the side of the tank would probably be easiest anyway.  There's a difficulty option that would prevent the fuel from going through your heatshield, but it's off by default on normal.

Im on normal, ill aim for the tank thanks !

Edited by Yinyin974

Hey Im back ! And not alone ^^

It take me a lot of time with my low skills but i finaly made it. It was my first time saving this mutch kerbal at the same time and i thank you for your help guys :) 

Theres are some pics if you want to know the story ! https://imgur.com/gallery/9htAVAf

Again thank you !

Edited by Yinyin974

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.