Where did the parts go?

Hello. I was looking in the files of KSP. I then ( I know this is stupid ) tryed to put in a part of Near Future Spacecrafts into the parts file of squad. I then launched KSP but a message popped up saying “ the following craft cannot be loaded because they are missing parts. I then looked into the VAB and saw that the Mk1 pod, Mk1-2 pod, and Mk2 lander can we’re all gone! I then search my computer for the parts but the only thing I found was the Mk1 pod. Even though I found it, it went backwards and took the form of it’s old version with no variants but it was still in 1.6.1. So where did the parts go and how do I get them back. Should I use blender+unity to make new ones or re install the game but save my save files? Please help!

Just re-install the game, and never do anything in the Squad folder again except read the files.

Why did you put a mod part in the Squad folder?

If you're on steam, you can probably just verify the file integrity instead of re-installing.

Reinstall.

To be honest, I have no idea how you managed to so thoroughly corrupt your game; however, I will say that while any part in Gamedata is (probably) going to be found and loaded no matter where it is, the configuration files for those parts also often have defined paths to find the meshes and models such that they need to be in specific directories to load properly.  Or, alternatively, they all just expect to find a 'model.mu' in the same directory as the part configuration file, in which case you may have overwritten the model.

In short, the lesson is:  put the Near Future parts in the Near Future directory, and let the Squad directory be.

Edited by Zhetaan

Re-install the game. I once messed with the squad file, and it wasn't pretty. You can't fix this - trying to delete your ner future parts from the squad folder won't work, because now it thinks they are part of the game and will install them all over again when you boot up KSP.

So yeah. Re-install.

No just go on steam, right click KSP, an at the bottom there should be a little button that says "uninstall". Click that and KSP should be greyed out or something like that in steam. Then right click it again and select "reinstall". 

I think that's how it's done, I might be wrong but you should be able to figure it out.

16 hours ago, Duck McFuddle said:

No just go on steam, right click KSP, an at the bottom there should be a little button that says "uninstall". Click that and KSP should be greyed out or something like that in steam. Then right click it again and select "reinstall". 

I think that's how it's done, I might be wrong but you should be able to figure it out.

Nice

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.