A "KSP Loading..." Preview: Parachutes in KSP Enhanced Edition

SQUAD

KSP Enhanced Edition is getting a substantial update fairly soon, and with it, console players will be able to deploy fully steerable personal parachutes, along with a number of other things that we will be revealing along the way. Stay tuned!

via Gfycat

35 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

So consoles are getting 1.4? That implies Making History, as well.

Not exactly. This will be a console-optimized update that will take bits and pieces of all updates we have released after 1.2.1.  Due to the platform's differences and complexities, there always will be differences between the PC and console versions.

On 2/1/2019 at 12:25 PM, UomoCapra said:

Not exactly. This will be a console-optimized update that will take bits and pieces of all updates we have released after 1.2.1.  Due to the platform's differences and complexities, there always will be differences between the PC and console versions.

I'd like to think that adding parts is the easiest part of the update. Hopefully this includes the new textures as well. The only parts I see as being a challenge are the engine plates due to the code behind them. 

I'd also like to see consoles put on an update schedule. I don't expect every 3 months like pc, but some commitment from squad would be nice. 

1 hour ago, FoxTrotGaming76 said:

Also, on console the belta V is MANDATORY to do anything. We need it. Thanks

It really isn't, I mean I can easily send rockets to orbit without having KER or other mods (because on console you obviously can't download and install mods), but if it helps players then I'm all for it too

35 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

It really isn't, I mean I can easily send rockets to orbit without having KER or other mods (because on console you obviously can't download and install mods), but if it helps players then I'm all for it too

It helps with sizing a craft. I'm horrible about bringing enough fuel for missions beyond the kerbin system, and a delta v readout helps.

Also, its a feature on pc, so I would like to see it brought to consoles.

18 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

It definitely would help players and for orbiting kerbin, I can do that. It's missions to duna, or even mun that you need to see what your Delta V is.

Edited by FoxTrotGaming76
Miss spelling

12 hours ago, FoxTrotGaming76 said:

It definitely would help players and for orbiting kerbin, I can do that. It's missions to duna, or even mun that you need to see what your Delta V is.

See 

For a way to easily build a rocket with whatever dV you need (no mods or calculator needed).

Can you confirm a specific month on which the update will be most likely released?

One idea (that would allow console to have parts and planet mods) is a modhub like in Fallout 4 on console, in The Elder Scrolls 5 on console, and in Farming Simulator 17 and 19 on console.

I have been waiting since month 2 after KSP Enhanced edition's release for update info, this is why I would like to know so badly.

Also are you giving the Making History DLC to the original players on Enhanced Edition, or are we all getting it for free? 

Edited by iroquois
Needed to finish my post

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, squad! Now i'm sad!

(Because I have to wait)

I've been playing KSP on Xbox since the original version came out, and ever since Making History came out for PC, about 20% of my searches have been something along the lines of "Console KSP Update 2019" or "Making history KSP Xbox" and hearing that an update will come out "soon" makes me kinda sad... I will remain this way until the update comes out

Edited by AConsolePlayer
To add more info

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.