1.875M R.A.P.I.E.R.

Since we have 1.875M tanks I thought that it might be a good idea to query if people would like a 1.875M rapier engine.
I know a 2.5M variant was asked before but that might be to Op. Maybe a 1.875M fills in a wished for gap.

I know the 1.875M variant tanks and attachment parts are linked to making history and are not related to futuristic engine variants but since we now have this form factor I wonder if people see pleasure in a new rapier type engine of 1.875m size.

This may reduce part count on larger SSTO spaceplanes.

@mattinoz I very much agree about the aerospike. I Would first want to see a linear aerospike before that but a 1.25m aerospike has very little thrust so you need quite a lot on larger vessels.

I personally like the lego aspect of KSP. So part tweaking should be left out to mods. I Think a standard 1.875m rapier would allow larger airbreathing SSTO's so less parts will be used on larger spaceplanes. I want to add that a dedicated 1.875m intake should be added.

Edited by Aeroboi

On 2/1/2019 at 11:51 PM, Aeroboi said:

I know a 2.5M variant was asked before but that might be to Op. Maybe a 1.875M fills in a wished for gap.

Why would a 2.5m rapier be OP? I can just use 4 rapiers and a quad coupler/2.5m engine plate in the quad configuration...

I do want a 2.5m (or 1.875m) rapier because of the very important *part count* parameter.

I have some large SSTOs that use 32-40 of these things... I would love to reduce that to 8-10, and save 24-30 parts on that alone.

Its the same reason that I want even bigger delta wings, and bigger LV-Ns

On 2/5/2019 at 9:26 AM, KerikBalm said:

Why would a 2.5m rapier be OP? I can just use 4 rapiers and a quad coupler/2.5m engine plate in the quad configuration...

I do want a 2.5m (or 1.875m) rapier because of the very important *part count* parameter.

I have some large SSTOs that use 32-40 of these things... I would love to reduce that to 8-10, and save 24-30 parts on that alone.

Its the same reason that I want even bigger delta wings, and bigger LV-Ns

2.5M or 1.875M, either one is good, both is better :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.