Improve KSPedia by linking to it.

I was reading the discussion about engine plates here, with part of the discussion focusing on the fact that it's not clearly explained how it's supposed to be used. So it occurred to me that instead of cluttering up the part descriptions with usage instructions, perhaps the part descriptions could have a link to a KSPedia page about that part group, e.g. engine plates, fairings, decouplers/separators, or any other parts where the usage is not completely straightforward (and some things that might seem simple may seem confusing to new players). Even with things like SRB's and heatshields, it could be useful to have the 'pro tip' available that they can be tweaked to reduce thrust, propellant load, or ablator (saves mass). explaining what the tweakables can do or help with.

Excellent idea! Having it interact with the part descriptions would be a great start, although I still want to see the engine properties in the part menu for quick reference. The engineer's report and certain contract windows could also link to relevant KSPedia entries.

The KSPedia overall could be much more useful. It's far to compartmentalized in my opinion. There should be full tutorials in there that are more in depth for those who want to drill down into specifics. The quick overviews are fine, but they are just quick-start introductions at the moment. And now that there is a delta-V tool in the game there is no reason not to include a stock delta-V map and transfer window graph in there also.

1 hour ago, HvP said:

, although I still want to see the engine properties in the part menu for quick reference. 

Oh absolutely, I wouldn’t take anything away from the part menu, just add a clickable question mark to it that links to a KSPedia page for more detailed information, like how to use it. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.