The Rest In Peace thread: Manga Creator Akira Toriyama, March 8, 2024

StrandedonEarth

On 10/12/2019 at 11:39 AM, MiscelanousItem said:

Alexei Leonov was one of those legendary cosmonauts but also a great artist, I would recommend anyone reading this to look his art up on Google...

96844929_large_LEONOV_Na_Lune.jpg

...how the heck did he know about my lander designs?

• 1 month later...

John Mann of the Canadian folk rock band Spirit of the West died yesterday at age 57, due to Early Onset Alzheimer’s .https://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/music/article-spirit-of-the-west-singer-john-mann-dies-at-57/

You'll have to excuse him, he’s not at his best...

;.;

Edited by StrandedonEarth

• 2 weeks later...

D.C. Fontana passed away a couple of days ago, I only just heard of it today. Very influential science fiction screenwriter and editor. She was the story editor for Roddenberry on TOS, and many of the fundamental concepts in the Star Trek canon were actually created by her.

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I hate to update this thread again, but apparently Neil Peart finally succumbed to his brain cancer this week. I was a huge Rush fan in high school, and they still get regular play time in the truck. RIP.

Damn. I gave that post a like, but it wasn’t news I liked to hear. While I wasn’t a huuge fan of Rush (unlike a friend of mine), I was fascinated by Peart’s drumming. 

19 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I hate to update this thread again, but apparently Neil Peart finally succumbed to his brain cancer this week. I was a huge Rush fan in high school, and they still get regular play time in the truck. RIP.

Came here to post this:

$#@! cancer.

20 hours ago, tater said:

Yeah I heard last night on the way home from work. Hell of a way to start a weekend.

Dusted off the turntable and played "Moving Pictures".

EDIT: Stumbled across this on Youtube. An artfully done comic/video that was done in time with the entire 1st side of "2112".

Sound quality is very good. Crank it up.

Edited by GDJ