The Rest In Peace thread: Manga Creator Akira Toriyama, March 8, 2024

StrandedonEarth

Kirstie Louise Alley (January 12, 1951 – December 5, 2022) was an American actress.

a small snippet of her career:

Throughout the 1980s and 1990s, Alley appeared in various films, including Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982), Summer School (1987), Shoot to Kill(1988), Look Who's Talking (1989) and its two sequels (1990–1993), Madhouse (1990), Sibling Rivalry (1990), Village of the Damned (1995), It Takes Two (1995), Deconstructing Harry (1997), For Richer or Poorer (1997), and Drop Dead Gorgeous(1999). She won her second Emmy Award in 1994 for the television film David's Mother.

…new page…

Edited by AlamoVampire

On 11/30/2022 at 6:36 PM, StrandedonEarth said:

Christine McVie, Fleetwood Mac singer-songwriter, dies aged 79

C'mon, tell me it's a lie, a sweet little lie...

I missed this. :(

On 12/5/2022 at 9:31 PM, AlamoVampire said:

Kirstie Louise Alley (January 12, 1951 – December 5, 2022) was an American actress.

My first college roommate  (in the exact dorm room my daughter now lives in, LOL) was obsessed with her from Wrath of Khan.

tumblr_mezpfsJ46R1ren9jno1_r1_500.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ken Block crushed himself under his snowmobile. I wasn't a huge fan, but he sure made the art of driving fast look very, very pretty. Also he was very supportive of his daughter getting into racing, which I think is a heck of a good dad move.

Here's Ken tearing it up in a $10M electric Audi:

Spoiler

19 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

Ken Block crushed himself under his snowmobile. I wasn't a huge fan, but he sure made the art of driving fast look very, very pretty. Also he was very supportive of his daughter getting into racing, which I think is a heck of a good dad move.

Here's Ken tearing it up in a $10M electric Audi:

Hide contents

As a fan of rallysport and an avid player of various racing games like the DiRT franchise I was most definitely a fan and was shocked to hear about this. Not big in the classical European rally formats, but an absolute master at Gymkhana and without a doubt the western world's most influential promoter of that sport. This man didn't sit in his cars, he wore them like a comfortable shoe, they truly became an extension of his body.

Aside from that, also one of the earlier viral stars on YouTube, I think his Gymkhana series started way back when YT was only 4 years old and I remember gawking over them with friends and colleagues whenever a new one came out. Definitely worth the watch if you like seeing cars burn some rubber.

• 2 weeks later...