The Rest In Peace thread: Joe Flaherty, April 1, 2024

StrandedonEarth

Dangit, how did I not notice that author Clive Cussler died almost a year ago? Grrrr. He was one of my favorite authors, going back to Raise The Titanic. Dirk Pitt rocked, too bad the occasional movies didn't.

I see his passing was noted on these forums, but not in this thread. Hopefully his son Dirk will continue to carry the torch.

RIP. Dangit.

On 12/30/2020 at 3:13 PM, benzman said:

Dawn Wells, the stunningly pretty girl-next-door in Gilligans Island has passed away from complications from covid19 aged 82.

Odd casting since it was always no contest. Mary Ann FTW.

Sad day for those who love musicals, specifically The Sound of Music:

Christopher Plummer: Plummer spent over 50 years in the entertainment industry, both onstage and onscreen. His most recognized role was perhaps playing the dashing Captain Von Trapp in Robert Wise’s “The Sound of Music” opposite Julie Andrews.

Iistened to Rush Limbaugh from 1993 on a dare from an officer while in the Army. And kept listening to him long after that. Hearing of his passing was like losing a member of the family. 

I had the honor to meet him in Florida in 2005. ;.; He will be missed.

• 2 weeks later...

The father of The Great One has passed away at the age of 82 after a nine-year battle with Parkinson's disease. 

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/walter-gretzky-obituary-1.5937764

grumble gripe:

Spoiler

slightly annoyed the top google results on this story were 'Bettman's reaction', Bettman..., Bettman... i don't wanna hear what Bettman thought of him for Pete's sake, why is it all Bettman? Ah, here's the CBC story down here....