The Rest In Peace thread: Manga Creator Akira Toriyama, March 8, 2024

StrandedonEarth

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, razark said:

That ambulance driver should be asking the ghost in the passenger seat if he's a hallucination too. Jack Ridley had been dead for about 5 years by that point. 

Guess I'll have to go watch that movie tomorrow night. :( 

Ol' Chuck did pretty well for a Mud River kid. I'm really tired of this year. Blech on 2020. 

6 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

That ambulance driver should be asking the ghost in the passenger seat if he's a hallucination too. Jack Ridley had been dead for about 5 years by that point.

I am aware of that.  But it was such a good line.

On 5/2/2019 at 7:45 PM, StrandedonEarth said:

So does Lucas get the wookskin rug?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

On 11/2/2020 at 12:57 PM, TheSaint said:

Actually, if you want to see a great Connery performance, that isn't James Bond: The Man Who Would Be King. We watched it on Netflix DVD a while back.

Red October, and Indiana Jones had him in them as well.

Sad about Le Carre. His books were great, though I preferred the Cold War era ones to the couple more modern ones I read. The more realistic tradecraft, people not stand-out figures no one would forget (Bond), but people no one remembers... great stuff.

this one hit home hard. My favorite characters original actor, Jeremy Bulloch, has passed away ;.;

Star Wars Legend Jeremy Bulloch Announces His Retirement | Future of the  ForceJeremy Bulloch dead: Tributes pour in for Star Wars actor following his  death aged 75 | Evening Standard

I feel really sad about this one. Boba Fett was my favorite character for most if not all my childhood :( 

• 2 weeks later...