The Rest In Peace thread: Joe Flaherty, April 1, 2024

StrandedonEarth

3 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Ennio Morricone passed away yesterday. He composed some of the most iconic movie scores of the 20th century.

who could ever forget the music in Sergio Leone's westerns? Remember The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Once Apon A Time In The West and, of course, The Mission.

RIP Grant. 

3 hours ago, Shpaget said:

That thing sucks big time. One moment you're fine and healthy, next you're dead.

RIP Grant.

Yeah, that how my wife’s mom died, long before I met her ( my wife was 24 at the time). Except she didn’t die, she ended up vegetative and they had to pull the plug

May Tom Kirsch, urban explorer and photographer rest in peace. 

There’s this site I love, called opacity. It’s a site dedicated to photographs of abandoned buildings. The man that created the site and the photos, Tom Kirsch is dead. After he stopped posting picture albums after Nov. 19, the final day he posted on his site I started to track him down. May he rest peacefully, just as his photos brought me and so many others peace.

Edited by Lewie

• 2 weeks later...

May I say that I never was the TV guy. I never really watched any shows on TV. But I could recognize the name Regis. I knew he was well known TV host. I remember seeing "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" scenes with him. But really I never was the TV dude. But Regis I knew him as a funny TV host and a nice guy. I look at what he's done and he spent life here on earth well.

19 hours ago, GullWing88 said:

We've lost so many good people this year in 2020!! It doesn't seem like we are ever going to get a break this year, especially with this crazy pandemic. Ugh

964.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s somewhat.....not ironic. That’s not the right word. But it’s....odd that the year he was diagnosed (2016) was the same year that Icelandic actor Stefan Karl Stefanson (he played Rotten Robby from Lazytown. He [Stefan Karl] was a childhood hero of mine) died of colon cancer.