Open World...

ansaman

I started roving around KSP and I discovered that one can indeed climb ladders at the tank farms and get a good look around. I also know that one can climb using stairwells.

Has anyone found anything really strange at KSP that can be accessed on foot?

IYhySuv.jpg

BpMfTAj.jpg

53 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

You may want to take close look at the flagpole, @ansaman... As well as the VAB's southeast quarter.

I know the flagpole can be climbed. I also went up the staircase, and the ladders leading to the roof of the VAB, but failed three times getting to the roof at the top of the ladder and fell back down.

I climbed the stairs of the Island Control Tower and went into the control room, but I haven't looked at that since 1.6.

Edited by ansaman
additional info

Nope... in 4 years, I've "knocked" on pretty much every door.

The climb to the top of the VAB has been more or less glitched depending on the version. 1.4.x is about the only version to let me go all the way to the top of the helipads.

One cool thing is a small bunker you can explore near the first-level launch pad.

I remember when the huge R&D complex showed up, with the nice observatory dome and wind tunnel arrangement. I was hoping for something playable like experimenting with aircraft in the wind tunnel, or looking for things with the observatory, but sadly no dice on that.

Edited by GeneCash
For god's sake, why can't I TYPE?!

I made it to the top of the VAB with this VTOL - Rover Combination, but the thrust control is VERY hard as the engines spool up and down. If I hit the stage button, the VTOL part is supposed to separate and fly away.

m1DULdV.jpg

2 hours ago, ansaman said:

I climbed the stairs of the Island Control Tower and went into the control room, but I haven't looked at that since 1.6.

You can still go all the way up the stairs to the Control Room. Further, I had Valentina do an actual successful base jump from there.

9 hours ago, ansaman said:

I have yet to find doors that open into anything :)

I always thought that a Kerbal colliding with the doors should take you "inside" the appropriate building as if you clicked the building from the "Space Center view".

It would be a nice (Easter-Egg-Like) shortcut for recovering them.

ME

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.