[1.8.x] UnKerballed Start v1.1.0 (updated Oct 27, 2019)

SpinkAkron

5 hours ago, SpinkAkron said:

Thank you everyone for your patience. Painting season is drawing to a close and I'm only half done, so there will be a season two. I got a few more good weekends yet depending on the weather. I am starting the process of re-familiarizing myself with KSP. Then I need to go back through these posts and compile a list of what needs done for the next release. Not imminent but starting to move back up the priority list.

Meatspace screenshot chez Akron.

BgbaLKo.jpg

Needs more boosters :sticktongue:

17 hours ago, strudo76 said:

Needs more boosters :sticktongue:

I've been using beer as a substitute.  I think I have drank more beer this summer than at any point in my life. Not really proud of that...

I've been watching a YouTube series Mike Aben is doing using UKS and it has got me jazzed, so I'm going to start back into updating this ASAP.  But alas, first I have to build an old school screen door to replace the modern aluminum one the previous owners installed.

Edited by SpinkAkron

Ok. Looks like there has been no significant changes to parts since 1.7.0.  I need to make a config for Breaking Ground and implement fixes for what folks have identified.   I've added the awesome icons that @Tonas1997 created. If you want to make others, that'd sure be swell. We could use icons for Gadgets and Gizmos. I was thinking maybe an Inspector Gadget and a Gizmo from Gremlins.  Or is that lame?

I never got around to making a config for Infernal Robotics but I think it and Breaking Ground need to be in sync from the get go. A quick look at Infernal Robotics suggests moving the new DLC parts to match that. If anyone has any suggestions on part placement, I'd be happy to get them.  Other mods have likely been updated in the interim and need configs tweaked.  I'll concentrate on the problems identified in prior posts first. Hopefully I can get something out this weekend.

17 minutes ago, SpinkAkron said:

We could use icons for Gadgets and Gizmos. I was thinking maybe an Inspector Gadget and a Gizmo from Gremlins.  Or is that lame?

While I hate to give negative feedback without also providing a solution, I think those icon images would feel out of place in the game context. One of them could be a stopwatch outline, but rather than the timing display in the middle have some dials and switches, and maybe some extra techy details on the side.

1 minute ago, strudo76 said:

While I hate to give negative feedback without also providing a solution, I think those icon images would feel out of place in the game context. One of them could be a stopwatch outline, but rather than the timing display in the middle have some dials and switches, and maybe some extra techy details on the side.

No worries, that's why I asked for opinions. You are right. It doesn't fit.

Has anyone come across problems when trying to attach multiples of the LV-T05 and LV-T10? Example images below.

I've tried to look into attach nodes, but have not been able to decipher them yet :)

I'm running Restock and Restock+ if that helps.

Attaching a single engine:

EjbCfzc.png

Attaching multiple engines:

I1AxhEK.png

4 hours ago, njd80 said:

Then it is most probable cause of issue. AFAIK, those small engine that comes with this mod are only intended to be attached on nodes, no surface attach at all. To attach multiple engines, you need to attach small cubic truss or something that is allowed to be surface attached and have attachment node on the other end for engine. Or to use engine plates from DLC (I don't have that DLC, so can't tell much about it). For that reason I have created MM patches for personal usage, basicaly scaled down version of stock adapters. Two pages back:

Restock mod most probably alter, either stock engine, so UKS patches are no longer compatible, or it add some module on all engines that does not realy fit new UKS engines. It might be solved with some compatibility MM patch using proper command BEFORE or AFTER, but I'm not familiar with Restock mod, so can't tell much about it. You may want to try same thing without Restock mod to isolate issue. It also could be some other mod that add modules on parts that mess things up. Only thing is for sure that it worked for me, you can find list of mods that I was using few pages back too.

5 hours ago, njd80 said:

Has anyone come across problems when trying to attach multiples of the LV-T05 and LV-T10? Example images below.

I've tried to look into attach nodes, but have not been able to decipher them yet :)

Attaching a single engine:

EjbCfzc.png

Attaching multiple engines:

I'm trying to recreate that but I don't remember how to add multiple engines to a bare tank.  :wacko:

18 hours ago, SpinkAkron said:

'm trying to recreate that but I don't remember how to add multiple engines to a bare tank.  

On bare tank you can't add multiple engines on regular way. He must be using some mod that add surface attach ability to engines. Don't know which mod does that, I never used such thing, though. My best guess here is that such mod have put wrong position for surface colider of engine. Or better said, it have altered stock engines with correct positions for surface attachment that become wrong on UKS smaller engine variants, because UKS copied such values trough MM patches from already modified stock engines that no longer fit with rescaled smaller variant of UKS engines.
(Huh, don't know if I explained properly what I mean, don't have open config files with correct engine names).

1 hour ago, Tolos said:

Does anyone have a mirror for this???  (A second mirror is always a good idea anyway!!)

Spacedock.info has been down for a while and no ETA on it coming back up.

https://spacedock.info/kerbal-space-program - link worked just fine for me. Tested minute before this post. Maybe is something wrong on your end ISP or home network ?

3 hours ago, Bluehelmet said:

After a flurry of activity all has gone very silent again? Are you still working on an update? i realy want to get stuck it KSP again with all mods up to date.

Cheers

I'm real sorry. Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans. Unfortunately, at the moment, my time is not my own.

While we hold for the 1.8 big update i'm playing whit this mod and it's just WOW, a full new gameplay to me, one of the mods i'll install forever. Congrats man!

Anyway, I see you asked for feedbacks some posts above so, when you got your time back, how about the possibility of made motor propelled aircrafts before doing turbine jet aircrafts?

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, I stole some time to do an update. Let me know if there are any issues.

Version 1.1 for KSP 1.8 only.  Not Compatible with prior versions.

NOTE:  CHANGES TO TECH TREE IMPACT SAVE GAMES

1.1.0    Update for KSP 1.8.
            Added config for Breaking Ground DLC suggested by kcs123
            Disabled RT-1, replaced by stock engine.
            Fixes to tech tree suggested by FreeThinker
            Fixes to Intersteller suggested by FreeThinker
            Change to Custom Barn Kit suggested by kcs123
            Change to DMagic Orbital science suggested by kcs123
            Added config for Infernal Robitcs Next suggested by kcs123
            Added config for PEBKAC Launch Escape System suggested by oOScarfacEOo
            Added icons by Tonas1997

Available at SpaceDock

Edited by SpinkAkron

1 hour ago, flart said:

Could you also backport new patches to ksp 1.7.3 and release v1.0.9?

I didn't find a link to github repo, so it is pretty difficult for me to do it locally

That's an excellent idea.  I took the 1.0.7 version and copied in only the updated mod configs.  Let me know if you find any problems.

Unkerballed start 1.0.8 on DROPBOX  

10 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

Will this be on CKAN?

Probably only when Ctt is marked as KSP1.8. compatible. CKAN check versions and compatibility of dependency mods too. So, it will allow you to install only mods that have all dependency mods marked as compatible with KSP 1.8.

You can force CKAN to mark 1.7.x mods compatible with KSP 1.8. but have to be aware that some mods would not work properly with KSP1.8. You need to know what are you doing before taking any actions.

19 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

Will this be on CKAN?

UKS Version 1.0.8 version with 1.7.X  compatibility now on SpaceDock. (Should appear on CKAN soon) 

I added the 1.0.8 update to the regular UKS mod on SpaceDock/CKAN . So those who have not updated to KSP 1.8 will see that version. Thanks to @HebaruSan for the how-to.

Edited by SpinkAkron
fixed link

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.