[1.8.x] UnKerballed Start v1.1.0 (updated Oct 27, 2019)

SpinkAkron

I really wanted to add space shuttle and ISS parts into the tech tree so I started looking at Benjee10's Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit, Benjee10's Habtech2 and Beale Tantares parts required to build the ISS.  I've been puzzling where to put parts.  The shuttle parts were easy as I just matched the given piece to the stock piece of the Mk3.  For Habtech2, the modules were fairly easy.  For the most part I put crew compartments into the spaceExploration and anything with science into Advanced Exploration with the Cupola module going into simple command pods.  I wasn't sure where to put the trusses as I couldn't find anything like it on the tech tree.  The solar panels have their own issue as they produce so much more energy then anything I saw.  I temporarily assigned them to advanced solar.  As for the Russian pieces, I placed them in nodes that appeared to me to have simiar parts, but I still have blanks.  You can find the spreadsheet I'm working on here

Any thoughts on where to fill in the blanks would appreciated and thoughts on I how I filled it out would be appreciated

For IR parts, truss and similar parts were placed in Construction line of tech tree nodes (sorry don't know exact noce names from top of my head). So, those truss parts from SOC mod should be fine to put there too. Some may be put earler, some later on tech tree, but in general, that line of tech tree should suit better for those parts than SpaceExploration node. Fuselage, wings, landing gears seems to be OK along Arodynamics/Aviation/Landing lines. Maybe picture from OP as reminder can help:

BsNx7Vu.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I am very excited to have found this mod, a working UbM alternative has been missing for a looong time, so thanks to  @SpinkAkron and everybody else involved for all the work. 

The only thing I am having real trouble with is a recommended, working and compatible mod list for KSP ver. 1.8.x. The opening post of UnKerballed Start is not very specific about versions. Particularly most of the recommended Contract Packs are not officially compatible with 1.8.x.  For expample, GAP is 1.6, SETI-Contracts 1.3 and Rover Missions even 1.2.2. In fact, the first time i tried playing my install, the first mission was from the rover pack (exploring various parts of KSC with a rover) and couldn´t be completed because the vehicle type was not detected correctly. Mission control in general seemed messed up :wacko:.

So, long story short:

Can you all post your working modlists running under KSP 1.8.x, maybe make some general recommendations?

Thanks

Most contract packs will still work in newer versions of KSP. You just need the latest version of contract configurator. You can always install them then press F10 at the main menu to see if there are any errors (red font).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately due to the recent updates to many part mods, Ven's, restock ect. this mod probably needs a major update to fix some issues with placement of parts due to callbacks of some mods. Ven's and Restock are the  major. I have tried to track down where the issues are but I am not a modder. Hopefully we can get an update that addresses this. IIt is my favorite tech tree mod but I just can't do without some of the other mods this does not play well with.

In addition, I see the AIES mod has been revived. Would love to see support for it as well. That was a staple back before it died. Lots of good engines and ant. parts.

Edited by theersink

On 5/11/2020 at 7:16 AM, theersink said:

Unfortunately due to the recent updates to many part mods, Ven's, restock ect. this mod probably needs a major update to fix some issues with placement of parts due to callbacks of some mods. Ven's and Restock are the  major. I have tried to track down where the issues are but I am not a modder. Hopefully we can get an update that addresses this. IIt is my favorite tech tree mod but I just can't do without some of the other mods this does not play well with.

I haven't been online for a few days, thanks very much for taking the time to reply.  Hopefully these things will be sorted out and my favourite game will be able to run one of my favourite mods.

It probably going to be a long time before you can get proper official answer from @SpinkAkron. I have no experience with ReStock/Restock Plus mod, so can't tell where some part should be placed in tech tree. I can't prommise anything, but I will try to write some MM patches for those parts, so you can use them until UKS is updated properly. It also can help @SpinkAkron to update mod faster.

However, I need help from you that use those mods. Even if you are not modders, you can help by giving part names and name of TechTree node that it should be placed. If you don't know where to look in config files, picture of tech tree with part name/description can help a lot. You can also mark node where you think it should be placed instead.

On the side note, any part mod should work just fine if it work already with stock tech tree node or if CTT is supported. Additional patches within UKS is just for even better gamebalance/experience. So, issue is not that mentioned mods does not work with UKS, but it can work better. And for working better some additional cooperation with users who wants support is needed.

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

It probably going to be a long time before you can get proper official answer from @SpinkAkron. I have no experience with ReStock/Restock Plus mod, so can't tell where some part should be placed in tech tree. I can't prommise anything, but I will try to write some MM patches for those parts, so you can use them until UKS is updated properly. It also can help @SpinkAkron to update mod faster.

However, I need help from you that use those mods. Even if you are not modders, you can help by giving part names and name of TechTree node that it should be placed. If you don't know where to look in config files, picture of tech tree with part name/description can help a lot. You can also mark node where you think it should be placed instead.

On the side note, any part mod should work just fine if it work already with stock tech tree node or if CTT is supported. Additional patches within UKS is just for even better gamebalance/experience. So, issue is not that mentioned mods does not work with UKS, but it can work better. And for working better some additional cooperation with users who wants support is needed.

I'm a long-time lurker but have never posted. I'm willing to help out as much as I can.

I have some working in-progress MM scripts for updates to Restock Plus (plus some others, notably @Nertea's Near Future updates), but they're not complete. I also have some interesting ideas of how to accommodate the recent updates to Near Future Launch Vehicles, etc.

I am even willing to take on attempting to adopt this mod, but I don't want to step on any toes (I'm not clear on the etiquette of how this works).  I know @SpinkAkron hasn't been here in a few months and they originally set up a license to permit forking, so it looks like the prerequisites are there. If everyone is ok with it, do I simply start a new thread for a potential fork, create a github account, and go to town?

1 hour ago, wyvernfink said:

I'm a long-time lurker but have never posted. I'm willing to help out as much as I can.

I have some working in-progress MM scripts for updates to Restock Plus (plus some others, notably @Nertea's Near Future updates), but they're not complete. I also have some interesting ideas of how to accommodate the recent updates to Near Future Launch Vehicles, etc.

I am even willing to take on attempting to adopt this mod, but I don't want to step on any toes (I'm not clear on the etiquette of how this works).  I know @SpinkAkron hasn't been here in a few months and they originally set up a license to permit forking, so it looks like the prerequisites are there. If everyone is ok with it, do I simply start a new thread for a potential fork, create a github account, and go to town?

Several ways to do it. You can write MM patches here on the forum for everyone else to copy-paste and create their ofn personal MM patches. Another way is to fork whole mod and include your own new MM patches in forked mod. For this one it is best to give it new name and new thread. It will be less confusing for CKAN staff and for other people asking for support.

But, instead of creating complete new fork of UKS, you can also create "addition" or "extension" for UKS mod. In that way, your mod would deepend on UKS, but have your MM patches for the mods that are not yet covered by UKS. Either way, try to get in contact with @SpinkAkron first, to see what will work better for both of you.

My available free time vary a lot, that is main reason why I didn't get involved more in development of mods. There may be times that I got few weeks available for development and playing and then after that not having enough time for next several months. That would make any mod that I possibly adopt to end even in worst state than it was before adopting. I attempting to help other moders whenever I can, though.

On 5/14/2020 at 12:03 PM, wyvernfink said:

The licence is creative commons so anyone can pick it up. OP probably has real world stuff going on and may not be back for awhile.

On 5/21/2020 at 12:45 AM, theersink said:

The licence is creative commons so anyone can pick it up. OP probably has real world stuff going on and may not be back for awhile.

I think I know how I'll handle this, so I'll plan to fork and post a new thread. This is a holiday weekend, so I should have some additional time to make some progress and update support for several of the mods. I already have a revamped tech tree (slightly modified) and have updated a couple of the broken mods. Look for a new thread/fork announcement shortly.

In the meantime, @kcs123's suggestion that everyone identify parts that have drifted to the wrong places is a good one, and I'll gladly take any help on that front!

@wyvernfink I can help you out on that end regarding misplaced parts. Also to save you some time, here are the Cogswell and Spacely Engines redone along with patches for ReStock, RealPlume, and Realplume+ReStock. Just replace "MyPatches" with the actual mod folder. (1.8.1)

Spacely.cfg

Spoiler

+PART[liquidEngine2]:NEEDS[!ReStock]{
    @author = SpinkAkron and Noob
    @name = UKSEngineLVT10
    @title = LV-T10 "Spacely" Liquid Fuel Engine
    @description = Although criticized by some due to their not insignificant use of so-called "pieces found lying about", the LV-T series engines have proven themselves as comparatively reliable. This T10 Model looks like a Model T45.
    @TechRequired = generalRocketry   
    @rescaleFactor = 0.5
    @cost *=.5
    @mass = .1875
    bulkheadProfiles = size0
    @MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]{
        @maxThrust = 21
    }

SpacelyReStockPatch.cfg

Spoiler

+PART[liquidEngine2]:AFTER[ReStock]:NEEDS[ReStock,MyPatches]{
    @name = UKSEngineLVT10
    @title = LV-T10 "Spacely" Liquid Fuel Engine
    @description = Although criticized by some due to their not insignificant use of so-called "pieces found lying about", the LV-T series engines have proven themselves as comparatively reliable. This T10 Model looks like a Model T45.
    @TechRequired = generalRocketry   
    @rescaleFactor = 0.5
    @cost *=.5
    @mass = .1875
    bulkheadProfiles = size0
        @maxThrust = 21
    }

SpacelyRealPlume.cfg

Spoiler

@PART[UKSEngineLVT10]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen,zRealPlume,MyPatches,!ReStock] // LV-T45 "Swivel" Liquid Fuel Engine
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Kerolox-Upper
        transformName = thrustTransform
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        flarePosition = 0,0,0.45
        plumePosition = 0,0,0.6
        plumeScale = 0.175
        flareScale = 0.225
        energy = 0.8
        speed = 0.6
    }
    @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        %powerEffectName = Kerolox-Upper
		!runningEffectName = DELETE
    }
}

SpacelyRealPlumeReStock.cfg

Spoiler

@PART[UKSEngineLVT10]:NEEDS[ReStock,MyPatches]:AFTER[MyPatches]{
  !EFFECTS {}
}
@PART[UKSEngineLVT10]:AFTER[zzRealPlume]:NEEDS[ReStock,MyPatches]{
	@EFFECTS
    {
        @Kerolox_LowerAlt
        {			
			@MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST[Kerolox_LowerAlt-flare]{
				@fixedScale = .025
			}
			@MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST[Kerolox_LowerAlt-plume]{
				@fixedScale = .3
			}
			@MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST[Kerolox_LowerAlt-plume2]{
				@fixedScale = .3
			}
			@MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST[Kerolox_LowerAlt-plume3]{
				@fixedScale = .3
			}
			@MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST[Kerolox_LowerAlt-blaze]{
				@fixedScale = .3
			}
			@MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST[Kerolox_LowerAlt-flame]{
				@fixedScale = .325
			}
		}
	}
}

Cogswell.cfg

Spoiler

+PART[liquidEngine]:NEEDS[!ReStock]{
    @name = UKSEngineLVT05
    @title = LV-T05 “Cogswell” Liquid Fuel Engine
    @description = Although criticized by some due to their not insignificant use of so-called "pieces found lying about", the LV-T series engines have proven themselves as comparatively reliable. The T05 model, however, appears to be a toy version of their T30 Model.
    @TechRequired = basicRocketry   
    @rescaleFactor = 0.5
    @cost *=.5
    @mass = .156
    bulkheadProfiles = size0
        @maxThrust = 23
    }

CogswellReStockPatch.cfg

Spoiler

+PART[liquidEngine]:AFTER[ReStock]:NEEDS[ReStock,MyPatches]{
	@name = UKSEngineLVT05
	@title = LV-T05 “Cogswell” Liquid Fuel Engine
	@description = Although criticized by some due to their not insignificant use of so-called "pieces found lying about", the LV-T series engines have proven themselves as comparatively reliable. The T05 model, however, appears to be a toy version of their T30 Model.
	@TechRequired = basicRocketry	
	@rescaleFactor = 0.5
	@cost *=.5
	@mass = .156
	bulkheadProfiles = size0
		@maxThrust = 23
	}

CogswellRealPlume.cfg

Spoiler

@PART[UKSEngineLVT05]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen,zRealPlume,!ReStock,MyPatches] // LV-T30 "Reliant" Liquid Fuel Engine
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Kerolox-Lower
        transformName = thrustTransform
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        flarePosition = 0,0,0.5
        plumePosition = 0,0,0.78
        plumeScale = 0.125
        flareScale = 0.3
        energy = 1.0
        speed = 0.6
    }
    @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        %powerEffectName = Kerolox-Lower
        !runningEffectName = DELETE
    }
}

CogswellRealPlumReStock.cfg

Spoiler

@PART[UKSEngineLVT05]:NEEDS[ReStock,MyPatches]:AFTER[MyPatches]{
  !EFFECTS {}
}
//add in turbo exhaust and rescale effects from copied engine
//copied from RealPlume - ReStock Configs
@PART[UKSEngineLVT05]:AFTER[zzRealPlume]:NEEDS[ReStock,MyPatches]
{
	@EFFECTS
      {
            @Kerolox_LowerAlt
            {
      		MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST
      		{
      			transformName = fxTransformTurbo
      			localRotation = 90,0,0
      			localPosition = 0,0,0
      			fixedScale = 0.25//scaled down by 50%
      			energy = 1
      			speed = 1
      			emissionMult = 2
      			name = turbopump
      			modelName = RealPlume/Jade_FX/Engines/BDB/vernierPump
      			fixedEmissions = false
      			sizeClamp = 50
      			randomInitalVelocityOffsetMaxRadius = 0.2
      			randConeEmit
      			{
      			   density = 1 0.2
      			   density = 0 0.5
      			}
      			linGrow
      			{
      				density = 1.0 0
      				density = 0.5 0.2
      				density = 0.2 1.5
      				density = 0.0 3
      			}
      			emission
      			{
      				power = 1.0 1
      				power = 0.01 0.1
      				power = 0.0 0.0
      			}
      			speed
      			{
      				density = 1.0 1
      				density = 0.0 0.8
      			}
      			energy
      			{
      				density = 1.0 1
      				density = 0.0 0.8
      			}

}

MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST
      		{
      			transformName = fxTransformTurbo
                        localRotation = 90,0,0
      			localPosition = 0,0,0
      			fixedScale = .5//Scaled down by 50%
      			energy = 1
      			speed = 1
      			emissionMult = 1
      			name = fumeDark
      			modelName = RealPlume/Jade_FX/Engines/BDB/vernierFumeDark
      			fixedEmissions = false
      			sizeClamp = 50
      			randomInitalVelocityOffsetMaxRadius = 0.2
      			randConeEmit
      			{
      				density = 1 0
      				density = 0.4 0.1
      				density = 0.1 0.5
      				density = 0.01 0.8
      				density = 0.0 1
      			}
      			linGrow
      			{
                              density = 1.0 0
                              density = 0.0 4
      			}
      			emission
      			{
                              power = 1.0 1
                              power = 0.01 0.1
                              power = 0.0 0.0
      			}
      			speed
      			{
                              density = 1.0 1
                              density = 0.0 0.8
      			}
      			energy
      			{
                              density = 1.0 0.5
                              density = 0.0 0.4
      			}
      		}
      		//scaling down all other plumes by 50%
      		@MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST[Kerolox_LowerAlt-flare]{
      			@fixedScale = .025
      		}
      		@MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST[Kerolox_LowerAlt-plume]{
      			@fixedScale = .3
      		}
      		@MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST[Kerolox_LowerAlt-plume2]{
      			@fixedScale = .3
      		}
      		@MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST[Kerolox_LowerAlt-plume3]{
      			@fixedScale = .3
      		}
      		@MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST[Kerolox_LowerAlt-blaze]{
      			@fixedScale = .3
      		}
      		@MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST[Kerolox_LowerAlt-flame]{
      			@fixedScale = .325
      		}
      		@MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST[*],*//copied and merged from Realplume-ReStock configs
      		{
      			offsetDirection = 0,1,0
      		}
		}
	}
}

these all come from my GameData/MyPatches folder, thus MyPatches will need to change.

Def down for a collaboration. Just PM me.

and yes, some of the comments mention the parent engine. was too lazy to change them, but the scaling is readjusted properly for the parts

Edited by A lazy noob

just noticed i forgot to update the stock plume to be resized, lmao. Was too focused on the RealPlume ones. will update my comment above when they are fixed ~NVM KSP fx_"STUFF" does not have a scale implemented in it.~

Edited by A lazy noob
~whelp, turns out rescaling stock plumes is impossible~

Guys i've got a problem. Some engines dont show up for me. For example the tier 0 engine is non-existant. The same goes for the one available in basic rocetry node. The nod is simply empty. Anyone has any ideas why that might be happening?

Its a fresh start with 1.9.1

Edited by Failer

On 5/27/2020 at 8:37 PM, kirmie44 said:

IDK if this is a feature or a bug but my Research Center now comes fully upgraded no matter what settings I pick. Is this supposed to happen?

@kirmie44 I sometimes see this happen when I start a new game right after playing a different save. Does this happen when you start a new game immediately after starting KSP?

18 hours ago, Failer said:

Guys i've got a problem. Some engines dont show up for me. For example the tier 0 engine is non-existant. The same goes for the one available in basic rocetry node. The nod is simply empty. Anyone has any ideas why that might be happening?

Its a fresh start with 1.9.1

@Failer Is this a brand-new install or version update? If you installed through Steam, try validating your game files. I've occasionally seen missing parts when updating versions which appears to be a file corruption issue. Validating the files usually fixes it for me. 

If everything checks out there, what other mods do you have installed?

1 hour ago, wyvernfink said:

@Failer Is this a brand-new install or version update? If you installed through Steam, try validating your game files. I've occasionally seen missing parts when updating versions which appears to be a file corruption issue. Validating the files usually fixes it for me. 

If everything checks out there, what other mods do you have installed?

So, I reinstalled KSP, and the parts appeared. It must have been one of the mods being imcompatible. The problem is, I dont have any mod interacting with rocket engines, only ones interacting with plane parts (mk1, Mk2, Mk3 extensions, and OPT). 
Ill start debugging, adding mods one by one, I guess.

EDIT:
Well, that's pitty, Restock is breaking the ''basic rocketry'' node, while Restock Plus is making the RT-1 not to show up.

Edited by Failer

1 hour ago, Failer said:

So, I reinstalled KSP, and the parts appeared. It must have been one of the mods being imcompatible. The problem is, I dont have any mod interacting with rocket engines, only ones interacting with plane parts (mk1, Mk2, Mk3 extensions, and OPT). 
Ill start debugging, adding mods one by one, I guess.

EDIT:
Well, that's pitty, Restock is breaking the ''basic rocketry'' node, while Restock Plus is making the RT-1 not to show up.

That's actually really helpful. Let me try to replicate it in my dev install and see if I can subsequently fix it.

I had been hoping to post a new fork of this mod, but it's taking longer than I expected to get my head around it. I'll try to get a github repository started with the progress I've made so far (including the fix for the Restock issues) and post a link to that soonish.

40 minutes ago, wyvernfink said:

That's actually really helpful. Let me try to replicate it in my dev install and see if I can subsequently fix it.

I had been hoping to post a new fork of this mod, but it's taking longer than I expected to get my head around it. I'll try to get a github repository started with the progress I've made so far (including the fix for the Restock issues) and post a link to that soonish.

IWith my 0 coding skills I managed to make ''cogswell'' and ''spacely'' appear, by a very dirty fix mentioned on page 15.

On 2/12/2020 at 6:03 PM, Kwebib said:

I'm not sure how to do it with a custom patch, but you can edit the UnKerballedStart files directly.

In UKSliquidEngineLVT05.cfg and UKSliquidEngineLVT10.cfg, add ":AFTER[ReStock]" after the +PART line like this:

+PART[liquidEngine]:AFTER[ReStock]

+PART[liquidEngine2]:AFTER[ReStock]

But I can't make the RT1 to appear, and this is the one breaking the game. There is no other engine on node 0.

EDIT:
The RT1 appeared. Oh, boy but it is a dirty fix.

I edited the UKSsolidBoosterRT1 file, by changing:

+PART[solidBooster_v2]:NEEDS[!RLA_Reborn,!SETIprobeParts,!Taerobee,!ReStockPlus]:BEFORE[zzzUnKerballedStart] to  +PART[solidBooster_v2]:AFTER[ReStockPlus]

If I understand it corectly, it simply ignores all the mentioned mods, and  simply loads the mod after restock, thus overwriting anything that restock does with this engine..? I hope it won't break anything important in the game itself. Im not using any of these mode though, except the restock plus, so it shouldn't.

Edited by Failer

3 hours ago, wyvernfink said:

Does this happen when you start a new game immediately after starting KSP?

@wyvernfink Yeah, all my saves got corrupted so I was trying out new mods (specifically principia and this). and every new game I started had the R&D building fully upgraded. I am just living with it. 

2 hours ago, Failer said:

IWith my 0 coding skills I managed to make ''cogswell'' and ''spacely'' appear, by a very dirty fix mentioned on page 15.

But I can't make the RT1 to appear, and this is the one breaking the game. There is no other engine on node 0.

EDIT:
The RT1 appeared. Oh, boy but it is a dirty fix.

I edited the UKSsolidBoosterRT1 file, by changing:

+PART[solidBooster_v2]:NEEDS[!RLA_Reborn,!SETIprobeParts,!Taerobee,!ReStockPlus]:BEFORE[zzzUnKerballedStart] to  +PART[solidBooster_v2]:AFTER[ReStockPlus]

If I understand it corectly, it simply ignores all the mentioned mods, and  simply loads the mod after restock, thus overwriting anything that restock does with this engine..? I hope it won't break anything important in the game itself. Im not using any of these mode though, except the restock plus, so it shouldn't.

Oh, ok, you were trying to activate the RT-1. @SpinkAkron disabled that engine with the 1.8 update because KSP introduced the Mite and Shrimp boosters which superseded the RT-1:

If you wanted to reintroduce that engine, you would want to change UKSsolidBoosterRT1.cfg from

@TechRequired = unresearchable

to

@TechRequired = start

This does bring up two questions, though. First, the change you described shouldn't have reintroduced the RT-1, so I'm curious how your change worked (I'll admit I'm still learning MM scripting, so it's entirely possible I'm missing some subtle logic in the change).

Second, do the Mite and Shrimp engines show up for you? They should be included in Stock for 1.8+, and you indicated you were working with 1.9.1. If they aren't in your tech tree, that indicates something else is going on.

@wyvernfink well, i failed then. I came back to ksp after a year or so, last time I played 1.6.something, and I wasn't aware of Mite and Shrimp. That's why I wanted the RT1 back.

I'll check tomorrow if they are present anywhere in the tech tree.

EDIT

On 5/29/2020 at 8:31 PM, wyvernfink said:

This does bring up two questions, though. First, the change you described shouldn't have reintroduced the RT-1, so I'm curious how your change worked (I'll admit I'm still learning MM scripting, so it's entirely possible I'm missing some subtle logic in the change).

So, the RT was reintroduced, because it had @techrequired = start in the 1st place. Ive never changed it, and it was enabled. 

On 5/29/2020 at 8:31 PM, wyvernfink said:

Second, do the Mite and Shrimp engines show up for you? They should be included in Stock for 1.8+, and you indicated you were working with 1.9.1. If they aren't in your tech tree, that indicates something else is going on.

Mite and Shrimp do appear, but they are in Propulsion Systems and Precision Propulsion nodes, respectively.
So I guess Squad must have renemed them in 1.9. taht's why they are not in the correct nodes, Where should they be placed?

EDIT2

Derpy derpy, derp derp. The link in the OP post leading to the spacedock is leading to old version of UKS. Spacedock has 1.0.8 version of the mod as default download, which is made for KSP 1.7.X. This version of the mod had RT1 enabled, but it was probably overridden by a restock version of the engine. The restock engine however, was a 1.9.1 version, so it wasnt implemented into 1.0.8 USK tech tree properly, so did the Mite and Shrimp. Thats why the start node was empty.

After isntalling proper version of USK (1.1.0) everything is fine. Mite is in tier 0, while Shrimp is in tier 1. (or 2?)

Edited by Failer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.