[1.8.x] UnKerballed Start v1.1.0 (updated Oct 27, 2019)

SpinkAkron

@SpinkAkron, I recently re-watched a few of your old videos, hope you're doing OK.

Somehow I managed to completely ignore your tech tree the first time around, despite you presenting it several times... and in big letters too... Guess I was more interested in your blunders and tribulations at the time :)
Anyhow.

Now that it finally registered, I immediately knew this is the one. Well laid out, logical progression, no additional dependencies, and as far as I can tell, still up to date with 1.9, at least with the selection of mods I'm using.
Also many thanks for documenting it as well as you did, I wish every mod did that.

One thing though that I'd like to put forward for consideration is swapping the positions of solar panels and fuel cells.
Currently photovoltaics are unlocked before fuel cells, while I think at least from a gameplay perspective if not entirely historically accurate, it would make more sense the other way around–once you have solar panels, there's no real need to futz with fuel cells with their limited lifespan and considerable mass penalties.
And who knows how technology progressed in Kerbal history anyways.

What I'd propose is something like this

// Fuel Cells: Tier 2-4
@PART[FuelCell]:AFTER[zzzUnKerballedStart]{
@TechRequired = engineering101 // Tier 2
}
@PART[USFuelCellSmal*]:AFTER[zzzUnKerballedStart]{
@TechRequired = gadgets // Tier 3
}
@PART[USFuelCellMedium|FuelCellArray]:AFTER[zzzUnKerballedStart]{
@TechRequired = gizmos //Tier 4
}

// Solar Panels: Tier 4-7
@PART[LgRadialSolarPanel]:AFTER[zzzUnKerballedStart]{
@TechRequired = gizmos // Tier 4
}
@PART[solarPanels5]:AFTER[zzzUnKerballedStart]{
@TechRequired = electrics // Tier 5
}
@PART[solarPanels3|solarPanels4]:AFTER[zzzUnKerballedStart]{
@TechRequired = advElectrics // Tier 6
}
@PART[solarPanels1|solarPanels2]:AFTER[zzzUnKerballedStart]{
@TechRequired = largeElectrics // Tier 7
}

I'm not entirely certain about the exact placement, and I could envisage everything shifted one tier higher up still–at least the solar panels–but so far this has been a smooth and pleasant experience. Edited by Corax

5 hours ago, Corax said:

One thing though that I'd like to put forward for consideration is swapping the positions of solar panels and fuel cells.
Currently photovoltaics are unlocked before fuel cells, while I think at least from a gameplay perspective if not entirely historically accurate, it would make more sense the other way around–once you have solar panels, there's no real need to futz with fuel cells with their limited lifespan and considerable mass penalties.
And who knows how technology progressed in Kerbal history anyways.

What I'd propose is something like this

I'm not entirely certain about the exact placement, and I could envisage everything shifted one tier higher up still–at least the solar panels–but so far this has been a smooth and pleasant experience.

I do use fuel cells occasionally after unlocking photovoltaics, because I play with Kerbalism, and the Materials Bay takes a ton of power for an hour, which is very difficult to provide any other way in a small craft. But by the time I get the mat bay, I've unlocked both fuel cells and PV in either system, so it doesn't really matter.

for those of us using the "simple adjustable fairings" mod: here you go

Spoiler

@PART[SimpleAdjustableFairing_KWRocketry_Size0,SimpleAdjustableFairing_KWRocketry_Size0Expanded]:AFTER[zzzUnkerballedStart]:NEEDS[SimpleAdjustableFairings-KWRocketry,CommunityTechTree]{
	@TechRequired = earlyAviation
}
@PART[SimpleAdjustableFairing_KWRocketry_Size1,SimpleAdjustableFairing_KWRocketry_Size1Expanded]:AFTER[zzzUnkerballedStart]:NEEDS[SimpleAdjustableFairings-KWRocketry,CommunityTechTree]{
	@TechRequired = aviation
}
@PART[SimpleAdjustableFairing_KWRocketry_Size1_5,SimpleAdjustableFairing_KWRocketry_Size1_5Expanded,SimpleAdjustableFairing_KWRocketry_Size2,SimpleAdjustableFairing_KWRocketry_Size2Expanded]:AFTER[zzzUnkerballedStart]:NEEDS[SimpleAdjustableFairings-KWRocketry,CommunityTechTree]{
	@TechRequired = aerodynamicSystems
}
@PART[SimpleAdjustableFairing_KWRocketry_Size3,SimpleAdjustableFairing_KWRocketry_Size3Expanded]:AFTER[zzzUnkerballedStart]:NEEDS[SimpleAdjustableFairings-KWRocketry,CommunityTechTree]{
	@TechRequired = advAerodynamics
}
@PART[SimpleAdjustableFairing_KWRocketry_Size4,SimpleAdjustableFairing_KWRocketry_Size4Expanded]:AFTER[zzzUnkerballedStart]:NEEDS[SimpleAdjustableFairings-KWRocketry,CommunityTechTree]{
	@TechRequired = heavyAerodynamics
}

@Corax I like this idea, definitely going to set this up on my personal build.

Edited by A lazy noob

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using 1.9.1 with Restock 1.1.2 and the two engines added by UKS don't show up in the game at all. According to the log, the game can't find the model the original model Squad from the copied part. Since I'm using Restock, that makes sense, due to its blacklisting of stock assets. After whitelisting the model, the engine shows up. That was not satisfactory though, I wanted the Restock model to be used for the new parts to keep consistency.

Apparently what was happening is that the UKS engines are copying the Squad engine before Restock replaces the model. So I looked around the config files for UKS and made the following modifications:

Added "FOR[zzzUnKerballedStart]" to the +PART section, so it runs during the UKS stuff.

Changed the sections that change the nodes from BEFORE to AFTER[zzzUnkerballedStart] so they run after the part has been copied.

This these changes both engines show up and work fine in R&D, VAB and in flight (including the RealPlume), using the Restock model.

Here are the final configs:

// GameData/UnKerballedStart/parts/UKSliquidEngineLVT05.cfg

// Rescale LV-T30 to .625m

+PART[liquidEngine]:FOR[zzzUnKerballedStart]
 {
	@name = UKSliquidEngineLVT05
	@TechRequired = basicRocketry
	@node_stack_top = 0.0, 7, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -7, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0
	@fx_exhaustFlame_blue_small = 0.0, -10.3, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, running
	@fx_exhaustLight_blue = 0.0, -10.3, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, running
	@fx_smokeTrail_light = 0.0, -10.3, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, running
	@fx_exhaustSparks_flameout = 0.0, -10.3, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, flameout
	@entryCost *= .5
	@cost *= .5
	@mass = .156
	@title = #LOC_UKS_liquidEngineLVT05_title
	@description = #LOC_UKS_liquidEngineLVT05_description
	@bulkheadProfiles = size0
	rescaleFactor = 0.5

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		@maxThrust = 23
	}
}

@PART[UKSliquidEngineLVT05]:NEEDS[MissingHistory|Restock]:AFTER[zzzUnKerballedStart]
{
	@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.45, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -.42, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0
}

@PART[UKSliquidEngineLVT05]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen,!ReStock]:AFTER[zzzUnKerballedStart]
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Kerolox-Lower
        transformName = thrustTransform
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        flarePosition = 0,0,0.1
        plumePosition = 0,0,0.3
        plumeScale = 0.15
        flareScale = 0.3
        energy = 1.0
        speed = 0.6
    }
    @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        %powerEffectName = Kerolox-Lower
	    !runningEffectName = DELETE
    }
}
// GameData/UnKerballedStart/parts/UKSliquidEngineLVT10.cfg

// Rescale LV-T45 to .625m

+PART[liquidEngine2]:FOR[zzzUnKerballedStart]
 {
	@name = UKSliquidEngineLVT10
	@TechRequired = generalRocketry
	@node_stack_top = 0.0, 7, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -6.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0
	@fx_exhaustFlame_blue_small = 0.0, -10.3, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, running
	@fx_exhaustLight_blue = 0.0, -10.3, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, running
	@fx_smokeTrail_light = 0.0, -10.3, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, running
	@fx_exhaustSparks_flameout = 0.0, -10.3, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, flameout
	@entryCost *= .5
	@cost *= .5
	@mass = .1875
	@title = #LOC_UKS_liquidEngineLVT10_title
	@description = #LOC_UKS_liquidEngineLVT10_description
	@bulkheadProfiles = size0
	rescaleFactor = 0.5

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		@maxThrust = 21
	}
}

@PART[UKSliquidEngineLVT10]:NEEDS[MissingHistory,!Restock]:AFTER[zzzUnKerballedStart]
{
	@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.45, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -.35, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0
}

@PART[UKSliquidEngineLVT10]:NEEDS[Restock]:AFTER[zzzUnKerballedStart]
{
	@node_stack_top = 0.0, 4.5, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
	@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -3.5, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
}

@PART[UKSliquidEngineLVT10]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen,!ReStock]:AFTER[zzzUnKerballedStart]
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Kerolox-Lower
        transformName = thrustTransform
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        flarePosition = 0,0,0.1
        plumePosition = 0,0,0.3
        plumeScale = 0.15
        flareScale = 0.3
        energy = 1.0
        speed = 0.6
    }
    @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        %powerEffectName = Kerolox-Lower
	    !runningEffectName = DELETE
    }
}

I haven't run into any issues, but do make a backup of the original configs just in case if you're gonna use them.

Just an FYI @Nistenf, it's not generally advisable to use "FOR[someMod]" in your own patches, since that indicates to other patches that "someMod" is installed, even if it isn't.
This causes those other patches to get applied, which can cause issues if that mod isn't actually there (for example, because you uninstalled it but forgot you still had that patch somewhere). Use "BEFORE[]" or "AFTER[]" instead.

Edited by Corax

13 hours ago, Corax said:

Just an FYI @Nistenf, it's not generally advisable to use "FOR[someMod]" in your own patches, since that indicates to other patches that "someMod" is installed, even if it isn't.
This causes those other patches to get applied, which can cause issues if that mod isn't actually there (for example, because you uninstalled it but forgot you still had that patch somewhere). Use "BEFORE[]" or "AFTER[]" instead.

Oh I'm aware, but those are not supposed to be personal patches running on top of UkS, rather they are fixes for the original UkS patches, replacing these two files:

GameData/UnKerballedStart/parts/UKSliquidEngineLVT05.cfg and GameData/UnKerballedStart/parts/UKSliquidEngineLVT10.cfg, though the fixes themselves are just on just a few lines, described in my previous post. Most of the file is unchanged.

Curiously, the original patches did not include for[zzzUnkerballedStart] in the new parts, causing my issue with ReStock. What I'm not sure is in what order are parts/patches without a FOR, BEFORE or AFTER clause supposed to be loaded by ModuleManager, but in this case the copy was being made BEFORE ReStock changed the model, causing the problem. I'm not very familiar with ModuleManager, so there might be a legit reason for not originally including the FOR clause that I'm missing.

Curiously, the original patches did not include for[zzzUnkerballedStart] in the new parts, causing my issue with ReStock

Interesting, and you're correct, I just checked in GameData and it looks like zzzUnKerballedStart only gets defined if the Making History DLC or the Snacks mod are installed. Since I do have MH, this has never been an issue for me, but if you have neither of those, the zzzUnKerballed pass will never happen by the looks of it.

What I'm not sure is in what order are parts/patches without a FOR, BEFORE or AFTER clause supposed to be loaded by ModuleManager, but in this case the copy was being made BEFORE ReStock

Patches without an order specified are applied alphabetically based on the containing directory's name, and so are those with only FOR, just as if (or rather exactly because) they had no order specified. From alphabetic order, one would expect UKS to get applied after Restock, but just like zzzUKS, nothing prevents Restock from having an aaaRestock pass...

Edited by Corax
alphasort based on the containing directory

5 hours ago, Corax said:

Patches without an order specified are applied alphabetically based on the containing directory's name, and so are those with only FOR, just as if (or rather exactly because) they had no order specified. From alphabetic order, one would expect UKS to get applied after Restock, but just like zzzUKS, nothing prevents Restock from having an aaaRestock pass...

Thanks for the explanation! And indeed, that's exactly what's happening, the ReStock pass is actually 000_ReStock:

// LV-T30 "Reliant" Liquid Fuel Engine
@PART[liquidEngine]:HAS[~RestockIgnore[*]]:FOR[000_ReStock]
Edited by Nistenf

@gamerscircle, I haven't tried 1.10 yet, but for 1.9 at least, I didn't have to do anything, besides my personal preference for the fuel cell/solar panel swap mentioned above.
I'd be surprised if any of the new parts would not appear in the tech tree, at least at the nodes Squad placed them in. Since there have been no new crewed parts added AFAICT, UKS should still be as usable as it was with 1.9.

If any of those new parts don't make sense in the context of UKS, take note of which ones, and a more sensible node, and post here or PM me.

Hey there @Corax how the heck are you?  I am sure that the mod would work and I had always thought that any new parts would not show.  [I could have sworn that this has happened to me before]  In 1.9, did they add new parts or variants?  I know that I have a 1.9.1 save and I am using this mod, so I am pretty sure that there isn't any missing parts.

However; it is true, I just made an assumption and didn't even try it.

Just now, gamerscircle said:

Alright!

I had the time and yes!  This mod works in 1.10, can someone explain to me why and how?  I thought that if there were "new" parts, then how would thew old tech tree know about the new parts?

The part config actually specifies what tech node it's in, not the other way around. So as long as the node exists, a new part can place itself in that node. And UKS moves parts between nodes, it doesn't change the internal names of the nodes.

2 hours ago, lordcirth said:

The part config actually specifies what tech node it's in, not the other way around. So as long as the node exists, a new part can place itself in that node. And UKS moves parts between nodes, it doesn't change the internal names of the nodes.

Do you know what makes mods compatible with each other?

4 minutes ago, The Flying Kerbal said:

Do you know what makes mods compatible with each other?

That's a pretty broad question - generally just that they don't both try to change the same thing in different ways.

7 hours ago, lordcirth said:

Oh... it is all about the "nodes"!  As long as the nodes that they are supposed to be in are not removed/renamed.  I get it now.. thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Getting back into KSP after about a year away. I have both expansions installed, and a variety of mods. This time around, I've decided to download and install manually from SpaceDock instead of via CKAN, since many mods that aren't tagged as compatible with the latest version actually are, and I hate waiting for CKAN to get updated. :) Anyhow, I love the concept of this mod, but...I can't get it to work. It's installed per the instructions, but when I run KSP and start a new game, I'm just getting the stock tree. So...two questions:

1. Is the mod not compatible with 1.10.1 at all? I'm not being "that guy" and expecting it to be - I'm just hoping that it is. If not, what is the latest version it is compatible with?
  2. Are there any mods that just prevent this mod from working? I've read through the docs and I don't see anything that's obvious?

The one mod I've installed that I know isn't compatible with 1.10.1 is Kopernicus, but I'm hoping it'll be fixed before I'm ready to visit the planets in the OPM mod. :)

If there's any info I can provide to help answer the questions, let me know. The most obvious thing I think would be my list of installed mods - so I've put that below as a spoiler.

Appreciate any help anyone can provide! Thank you!

Mark

Spoiler

000_ClickThroughBlocker
001_ToolbarControl
BetterBurnTime
Chatterer
CommunityResourcePack
ContractConfigurator
ContractPacks
CTTP
CustomAsteroids
CustomBarnKit
DistantObject
DMagicOrbitalScience
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
FinalFrontier
FP_DPSoundFX
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
KEI
Kopernicus
MechJeb2
ModularFlightIntegrator
ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll
ModuleManager.4.0.3.dll
ModuleManager.4.1.0.dll
ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll
ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
ModuleManagerLicense.md
MPE
NavUtilities continued
NavyFish
Nereid
OPM
PAPIPlugin
PlanetShine
PlanetWiki_v4.1.ksp
RealPlume
RealPlume-Stock
ReentryParticleEffectRenewed
ResonantOrbitCalculator
SafeChute
SCANsat
scatterer
ScienceAlert
SmokeScreen
Squad
SquadExpansion
StockVisualEnhancements
Strategia
SVT
TextureReplacer
UmbraSpaceIndustries
UniversalStorage2
UnKerballedStart
WaypointManager
ZeroMiniAVC

Edited by Amgrod

12 minutes ago, Amgrod said:

Hi all,

Getting back into KSP after about a year away. I have both expansions installed, and a variety of mods. This time around, I've decided to download and install manually from SpaceDock instead of via CKAN, since many mods that aren't tagged as compatible with the latest version actually are, and I hate waiting for CKAN to get updated. :) Anyhow, I love the concept of this mod, but...I can't get it to work. It's installed per the instructions, but when I run KSP and start a new game, I'm just getting the stock tree. So...two questions:

1. Is the mod not compatible with 1.10.1 at all? I'm not being "that guy" and expecting it to be - I'm just hoping that it is. If not, what is the latest version it is compatible with?
  2. Are there any mods that just prevent this mod from working? I've read through the docs and I don't see anything that's obvious?

The one mod I've installed that I know isn't compatible with 1.10.1 is Kopernicus, but I'm hoping it'll be fixed before I'm ready to visit the planets in the OPM mod. :)

If there's any info I can provide to help answer the questions, let me know. The most obvious thing I think would be my list of installed mods - so I've put that below as a spoiler.

Mark

Hide contents

000_ClickThroughBlocker
001_ToolbarControl
BetterBurnTime
Chatterer
CommunityResourcePack
ContractConfigurator
ContractPacks
CTTP
CustomAsteroids
CustomBarnKit
DistantObject
DMagicOrbitalScience
FinalFrontier
FP_DPSoundFX
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
KEI
Kopernicus
MechJeb2
ModularFlightIntegrator
ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll
ModuleManager.4.0.3.dll
ModuleManager.4.1.0.dll
ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll
ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
ModuleManagerLicense.md
MPE
NavUtilities continued
NavyFish
Nereid
OPM
PAPIPlugin
PlanetShine
PlanetWiki_v4.1.ksp
RealPlume
RealPlume-Stock
ResonantOrbitCalculator
SafeChute
SCANsat
scatterer
ScienceAlert
SmokeScreen
Squad
SquadExpansion
StockVisualEnhancements
Strategia
SVT
TextureReplacer
UmbraSpaceIndustries
UniversalStorage2
UnKerballedStart
WaypointManager
ZeroMiniAVC

I don't see the Community Tech Tree in your folder list, so that's probably the issue:  

Probably not related, but I see that you have an old version of Module Manager installed.  That shouldn't impact anything itself, but the underlying mod may be old and may not be 1.10.1 compatible.

1 hour ago, Amgrod said:

Hi all,

Mark

Reveal hidden contents

000_ClickThroughBlocker
001_ToolbarControl
BetterBurnTime
Chatterer
CommunityResourcePack
ContractConfigurator
ContractPacks
CTTP
CustomAsteroids
CustomBarnKit
DistantObject
DMagicOrbitalScience
FinalFrontier
FP_DPSoundFX
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
KEI
Kopernicus
MechJeb2
ModularFlightIntegrator
ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll
ModuleManager.4.0.3.dll
ModuleManager.4.1.0.dll
ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll
ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
ModuleManagerLicense.md
MPE
NavUtilities continued
NavyFish
Nereid
OPM
PAPIPlugin
PlanetShine
PlanetWiki_v4.1.ksp
RealPlume
RealPlume-Stock
ResonantOrbitCalculator
SafeChute
SCANsat
scatterer
ScienceAlert
SmokeScreen
Squad
SquadExpansion
StockVisualEnhancements
Strategia
SVT
TextureReplacer
UmbraSpaceIndustries
UniversalStorage2
UnKerballedStart
WaypointManager
ZeroMiniAVC

FYI, CKAN will track (as auto-detected, "AD") those mods. I will notify you when they get updated in CKAN's database. Then, you can right-click to reinstall the tracked version.

3 hours ago, Amgrod said:

Reveal hidden contents

000_ClickThroughBlocker
001_ToolbarControl
BetterBurnTime
Chatterer
CommunityResourcePack
ContractConfigurator
ContractPacks
CTTP
CustomAsteroids
CustomBarnKit
DistantObject
DMagicOrbitalScience
FinalFrontier
FP_DPSoundFX
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
KEI
Kopernicus
MechJeb2
ModularFlightIntegrator
ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll
ModuleManager.4.0.3.dll
ModuleManager.4.1.0.dll
ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll
ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
ModuleManagerLicense.md
MPE
NavUtilities continued
NavyFish
Nereid
OPM
PAPIPlugin
PlanetShine
PlanetWiki_v4.1.ksp
RealPlume
RealPlume-Stock
ResonantOrbitCalculator
SafeChute
SCANsat
scatterer
ScienceAlert
SmokeScreen
Squad
SquadExpansion
StockVisualEnhancements
Strategia
SVT
TextureReplacer
UmbraSpaceIndustries
UniversalStorage2
UnKerballedStart
WaypointManager
ZeroMiniAVC

Don't quote me on this, but I think installing/changing Kopernicus mid play through is a bad idea, as I understand it. Just an FYI for you to check out.

17 hours ago, hemeac said:

I don't see the Community Tech Tree in your folder list, so that's probably the issue:  

Probably not related, but I see that you have an old version of Module Manager installed.  That shouldn't impact anything itself, but the underlying mod may be old and may not be 1.10.1 compatible.

CTT was the issue - thank you!

I'll check into the MM version I have installed - I believe I got that one from CKAN but I'll verify. Thanks for the tip!

16 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

FYI, CKAN will track (as auto-detected, "AD") those mods. I will notify you when they get updated in CKAN's database. Then, you can right-click to reinstall the tracked version.

So that's what "AD" means...I had no idea. Cool - thanks for the tip! That's Kerbal for you - even when you've got close to 1,000 hours in it, you are still learning stuff every day. I appreciate it!

13 hours ago, strudo76 said:

Don't quote me on this, but I think installing/changing Kopernicus mid play through is a bad idea, as I understand it. Just an FYI for you to check out.

I had a feeling that would probably be the case. I see a new build of Kopernicus went up last night but it still is showing up as incompatible with 1.10.1. I may just mess around on Kerbin getting back into the hang of things before starting a full career until it's updated again for 1.10.x. Thanks!

Mark

Edited by Amgrod

2 hours ago, Amgrod said:

I had a feeling that would probably be the case. I see a new build of Kopernicus went up last night but it still is showing up as incompatible with 1.10.1. I may just mess around on Kerbin getting back into the hang of things before starting a full career until it's updated again for 1.10.x. Thanks!

This is a good question to pose in the kopernicus forum.

@gamerscircle @Amgrod

The only problem with tech tree mods as Squad updates the game is when they introduce a remade part that has a different partname than the original. For example, when the Mk1 Pod was remade, the new partname was "mk1pod_v2". Instead of showing up in "Early Command Modules" node, the remake was back in the Start node, since the tech tree cfgs only pointed to mk1pod, not mk1pod_v2. Easy enough to fix when one is on the ball (which I haven't been for about a year).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.