[1.8.x-1.12.x] Moar Filter Extension Configs [04-Mar-2020]

leatherneck6017

Features

Adds new size based categories to Filter Extensions for the VAB and SPH. Size filters range from 0.35 to 30 meters. There are also sub-categories within each size.

Installation

Unzip to \GameData

Dependencies

Downloads

License

CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0

Change log

Spoiler

• Fixed missing closing bracket in 1.875 config

•  Separate "coupling" into Adapter, Decoupler, Docking Port, and Multi-Coupler subcategories.
  • Add file to fix incorrect Squad bulkheads. Currently only 1.875 heat shield, will add more as I find them.

• Add subcategories for cargo and robotics.

• Fixed wrong link for version check.
  • Fixed a typo in folder name. If you are installing this manually, be sure to delete the old folder!
  • Added Changelog.txt

• Added 0.35m size filter and corresponding icon.
  • Converted icons to DDS format.

• Updated folder name to be more in line with normal naming schema. If you are installing this manually, be sure to delete the old folder!
  • Added version file so that AVC can check for updates.

• Added a check to prevent filter from showing old Squad parts that are somehow still in the game. These parts were "replaced" by squad by changing the original part categories to "none". But FE does not differentiate without being told to do so in a config file.
  • Added a config to fix invalid categories on a few Squad parts. Now they will show up in the proper sub-category for their size.

• Initial release

Please report any issues here or on GitHub, thanks!

Pics or it didn't happen...

WX1OUkf.png

Edited by leatherneck6017
update compatible KSP version

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Very nice, I'll be adding this to my game. 

Would you consider incorporating it into the main Filter Extensions mod or do you want to keep this separate?

I had sent these to you last March/April (https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/FilterExtension/tree/master/GameData/000_FilterExtensions_AltConfig_1). I've been away from the game since summer-ish and now getting back into it. Didn't want to bother you again about it because you have a lot on your plate. I'm not against incorporating it, but I don't know much about GitHub PR's.

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hmmm, I'll  have to see why I didn't  include it back then.

I'll let you know, if it doesnt conflict with anything, then I dont see why not

Check our DM history, I had provided some additional details on some of the other files (which are not included in this release as they conflict with FE's configs).

34 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hmmm, I'll  have to see why I didn't  include it back then.

I'll let you know, if it doesnt conflict with anything, then I dont see why not

Main thing to me is that it takes up a lot of space, which is also used by other mods who have their own categories.  (And is semi-redundant with Filter Extensions existing cross-section filter - this is better, but I'll be leaving it off personally as I don't think it's *enough* better, and my first column already extends further than my screen.)  

1 minute ago, DStaal said:

Main thing to me is that it takes up a lot of space, which is also used by other mods who have their own categories.

It does take a up a lot of real estate, but I actually found myself disabling some of the mod cfg's as I didn't need them as much with the enhanced filtering ability of these configs.

2 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

It does take a up a lot of real estate, but I actually found myself disabling some of the mod cfg's as I didn't need them as much with the enhanced filtering ability of these configs.

I can see why some would - but I can't see myself doing the same, and I think there's likely others like me.

Don't get me wrong - I support that this exists and it looks like a good mod.  I'm just arguing against it becoming part of the base FE config.  The very fact that you found yourself disabling other mod's configs in favor of this argues for it being a separate mod in my opinion.

20 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I can see why some would - but I can't see myself doing the same, and I think there's likely others like me.

Don't get me wrong - I support that this exists and it looks like a good mod.  I'm just arguing against it becoming part of the base FE config.  The very fact that you found yourself disabling other mod's configs in favor of this argues for it being a separate mod in my opinion.

Good point and well stated, thanks. 

3 hours ago, SpinkAkron said:

Ooh! Grabbing this.  Hey @leatherneck6017, I was MAG-29 '84-'88 (yes, I'm old). 

3 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

Nice! I was MAG-11 from '96-01. Powerline for F-18's.

Get out... I was MAG-11 '86-'89.. H&MS/MALS-11 I-level Comm/Nav Tech

Semper Fi, Brothers.. :D

And Thanx much for the mod, leatherneck6017 ... Just one of the facets of Filter Extensions that I have been missing recently

Edited by Stone Blue

10 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Get out... I was MAG-11 '86-'89.. H&MS/MALS-11 I-level Comm/Nav Tech

Semper Fi, Brothers.. :D

And Thanx much for the mod, leatherneck6017 ... Just one of the facets of Filter Extensions that I have been missing recently

Cool man. I was with VMFA (AW) 225 stationed at MCAS Miramar after they closed El Toro. Good times. 

2 hours ago, IMLL1 said:

No Clue.

A quick google search has it as a Military Occupational Specialty. In other words, a number that signifies what your job is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Marine_Corps_MOS

Heh. leatherneck6017 was asking *what* you wanted to do in the USAF.... ;) First step, learn *ALL* the acronyms.

These are fantastic configs, @leatherneck6017 thank you! Did these come up in that Reddit thread a couple days ago?

Edited by Beetlecat

18 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

What MOS? Flying something?

Oh! I misunderstood! I thought you were asking what an MOS was!

Yes, first choice would be pilot (fighter/attack, second choice would be big wing craft), then maintenance or aircraft ordinance.

30 minutes ago, Artur G. said:

Hi.

When can i download this mod by CKAN?

I can't wait :)

It's been submitted. I found out that the automatic function from Spacedock doesn't work right now, so @linuxgurugamer offered to manually get it set up for me sometime today.

12 minutes ago, IMLL1 said:

Oh! I misunderstood! I thought you were asking what an MOS was!

Yes, first choice would be pilot (fighter/attack, second choice would be big wing craft), then maintenance or aircraft ordinance.

All good. Well I wish you luck in your career!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.