Gas Planet 2? Poll

GP2  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see GP2

• YES
    • NO
  2. 2. If so, how many moons would you want?

• I said NO for the first question!
    • Too many (5+)

5 hours ago, Fraston said:

With that Trojan dwarf planet thing, I have an idea. Have the Gas Giant be in an extremely elliptical orbit around kerbol, and make it so that it travels much closer to the star than Moho, while going a little further than Eeloo’s apoapsis.

And perhaps, my planet ideas could be one or two planets that have seasons. jungle planet in spring, in the middle of orbit, hellish lava planet in summer, close to Kerbol, desert planet in fall, middle of orbit on the other side, and perhaps some kind of ice-physics planet in winter, furthest from Kerbol.

exaggerated seasons, if you will.

Yes, I know how seasons work, but axial tilt isn’t a thing in KSP (yet...) so, I have my idea for seasons that fits for me.

Funny idea, but I think it has two major problems. From a more physics standpoint I'm pretty sure this setup will kick out most planets out of their regular orbit eventually. From a gameplay perspective I'm not sure the game supports changing seasons although that could be changed of course.

14 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

I want something that is very far out at apogee and very close to the sun at perigee Maby for example 10 times as a far out at apogee and as close as possible for all craft to survive at perigee

You clearly haven't read even the last two posts.

I do like some of the ideas dropped by posters about more dynamic moons. Honestly, adding more interesting moons would be the best reason to add another planet. More surfaces mean more stuff to do. 

I'd like to see a Saturn/Neptune analogue between Eeloo and Jool with at least two moons. A very close, inclined, eccentric moon without an atmosphere but with active volcanism due to tidal flexing. Volcanism would be represented by solid regions of glowing "lava" in the ground snaking down mountainsides and "pooling" in flat lakes...the "lava" would emit enough light to power a solar array but would be too hot to stand on. It would also be cool to implement something like an earthquake; landers would need to have rover wheels to deal with the shock. It would be good to see some challenging terrain including cliffs, overhangs, etc., and update the Klaw so it could be used to cling to the side of a cliff and construct bases that way.

Outside the orbit of the volcanic moon you could have "rings" consisting of dozens of very small asteroids, procedurally generated. Making the ring area a "space biome" and allowing a way to refuel xenon tanks in that biome would also be amazing...you could make the ring biome darkened so that no solar array would function, just to make it an added challenge.

Farther out, an icy moon with a very whispy oxygen atmosphere, cryovolcanism at the poles (a surface that is semitransparent and has 100% ore concentration but offers reduced traction) and fissures with water lakes near the equator. Underwater caves would be insanely cool.

Of course these would be orbiting something that is basically just "Jool Lite" which isn't much fun. If they really wanted to make it interesting, they could give it an atmosphere even soupier than Eve, but only a few kilometers thick, nearly-zero visibility at sea level, with a shallow ocean underneath. Instant death if you try to descend very far into the ocean, but it's something you could at least land in/on. Major challenge but achievable. Could give the atmosphere a small amount of oxygen, or not if desired.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.