ProgradeInProgress

Are there any mods that have flat-bottomed MK-2 compatible parts?

As written in the title of the thread, I was wondering if any Mk-2 sized parts with a flat bottom are available. I've looked at mods for Mk-2 parts, but perhaps I may have missed something.

The reason I'm asking is for use with FAR. I like to create post-stall maneuverable tailless jets that endure extremely high stresses of 20+ Gs. While the Mk-2 parts work well enough, I find that the drag produced by the rounded bottom of the Mk-2 parts (especially the cargo bay) doesn't do my lift-drag coefficient and yaw stability any favors. Is anyone aware of a mod that could help with this particular issue?

Not sure if these help or not. They're flat bottomed, but I think it's a new profile and not Mk2

Flat-Bottom Shuttle Systems are going to be to large - Mk2 is modified 1.25m, and the FBSS is based on the 2.5m size profile.

You're not going to find something direct, as the Mk2 profile isn't flat-bottomed, so parts tend to keep it's profile to be compatible or they go to their own profile.  The closest profile to what you're asking for is probably OPT's H profile, though if you like spaceplanes you'll love the whole set of parts.  Note that the mod is both abandoned and currently supported: The original mod author has disappeared, but there is current support through a different mod, OPT Reconfig.

QuizTech aero pack, Mk2 expansion

Edited by Gr@y

i remenber Aircraft plus having mk2 parts with a flat bottom and some adapters, but it is only a fuel tank with liquid fuel and adapters to Mk2 and MK1

Airplanes Plus' Mk2/H parts are only a couple of fuel tanks/adaptors, so not nearly extensive enough.