Extreme Career Mode Challenge

Hello! I have a new challenge that I would like you to try called Extreme Career Mode! As it sounds, its like a hard career mode but more extreme and difficult. So far I've only done suborbital flights in the extreme mode, but I will try orbital flights soon. The 2 most important things you need to get in this custom settings mode in extreme career are funds and science.

Here are the settings you need when starting a new career to attempt my Extreme Career Mode:

JP2w0N2.png

Re-entry heating: 120%

Starting Funds: 5,000

Science Rewards: 20% (1/5 of the normal science you'd get)

Funds Rewards: 30% (About 1/3 of the normal funds you'd get)

Reputation Rewards: 30% (About 1/3 normal reputation you'd get)

Funds Penalties: 300% (3x average penalty)

Reputation Penalties: 300% (3x average reputation penalty)

Decline Penalty: 4 (Bigger losses if you decline a contract)

As you play through this challenge in career and attempt it, tell me below how its going (via pictures or a reply)! I will also update you on how i'm doing in Extreme Career Mode as well, I hope you try it! :science::funds::rep::)

Also, like Iso-Polaris  said, I recommend you do this challenge with these mods, to make it more fair/balanced:

Edited by Johnster_Space_Program

There's no meaning of just amp up the stock difficulty system because the stock reward curve is not nearly balanced.

I think this extreme career mod challenge would work well with this mod 

which modifies tech tree a little and balances the science reward.

If you up to more challange I would recommand

and

for better late game experience.

ok, first update on how im doing! Got some funds from doing some part testing contracts:

3OKA2W0.png

1kuMTAE.png

UQzHhGV.png

10 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

There's no meaning of just amp up the stock difficulty system because the stock reward curve is not nearly balanced.

I think this extreme career mod challenge would work well with this mod 

which modifies tech tree a little and balances the science reward.

If you up to more challange I would recommand

and

for better late game experience.

ok, thanks! I edited the first post and added the mods as recommended ones to attempt the challenge with.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the idea -- once played a career with just 20% science return an that was brutal enough for me ;)

But why not increase the gravity to 1.5G say, that would be even more Brutal!! :D

I do love reading peoples exploits but I find the science dries up in the Kerbol SoI and then I can't wait for the Labs to do there thing... 

On 2/18/2019 at 6:35 PM, peter1981 said:

But why not increase the gravity to 1.5G say, that would be even more Brutal!! :D

Does entering a new SOI while under tweaked gravity still completely mess up your orbit? Because if it does, that would indeed be brutal. For values of "brutal" approaching "unplayable". :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.