[1.8.x, 1.9.x, 1.10.x] PartInfo

linuxgurugamer

While struggling with that, I have done a simple KOS, to get the needed results:

LIST PARTS IN partsList.
FOR part IN partsList {
    if part:MASS >= 0.1
    {
        print part:name + " , " + round(part:MASS,1).
        LOG part:name + " , " + round(part:MASS,1) to parts.txt.
    }
}

To generate an excel (parts.txt -> parts.xls) with the parts.

The background here is to do a replica with  of Apollo11 but a realistic one, I have seen dozens but only with deltaV's for Kerbin+Mun and not Earth+Moon.

Just need now to understand why I have more 100t that the original version of Apollo11, like you know the latest flights like Apollo17 were a different rocket model/type and with different engines, actually all the rockets were different, and an improved version from the previous.

Edited by pmborg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm not sure why this would affect these parts but it does.  I spent about 3 hours trying to narrow down which mod was causing the dlc science experiments not to be able to be placed on the surface.  Funny enough, it came down to this.  I completely wiped out all mods to be absolutely positive.  I can live without the mod, so if it's too big an issue I understand (dude, you're work is awesome, how do you have time for a life though?!  So many mods you've taken over and I use most of them lmao)  This mod, however has aided me in tracking down bugs in my saves ever since I installed.  I love using parts mods.......... so it's been invaluable when something messes up.  I have plenty of hard drive space, so if you'd like to have me do some further bug searching I will keep this save with only Module Manager, KSP_AVC, and Part Info and help try and track them down!  But alas I am not a modder, so I can't help with the programming.  lol.

Log is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oEtQITnnMySWkwefLm6bBMy-8bz_Nd4l/view?usp=sharing

I deleted the folder, and reinstalled manually as well as using CKAN same result.  Both tests were done with your latest update, .0.0.3.1

Oh, btw, to reproduce this, I loaded up a lander can with a science based kerbal in sandbox.  The lander can had the container attached with a single comunicatron inside.  I then stepped off the lander can, right clicked to open the container, put it in the kerbal inventory, then clicked on the down arrow to place it on a valid surface (The SPH runway)  At which point it popped up a null reference in the logs.

I forgot to mention that it's version 1.9.1 I'm playing on, but it is reproducible in the same way on 1.10, if you wish I'll load up 1.10 the same way and send you that log as well.

Edited by StoneWolfPC
forgot potential vital information

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to have show the mod or file location info for a specific module? Like showing a tooltip (Janitor's Closet-esque) when hovering over a section (in the right-click part menu in the editor). I know most of the mods that add these have their name as the title but not all do.

New release, 0.0.3.2

• Thanks to user @Gordon-Dry for this:
    • Do not add ModulePartInfo to ThrottleControlledAvionics "parts" because ThrottleControlledAvionics uses dummy parts for tech tree unlocks of its modules.
  • Along the same lines, Breaking Ground's deployable parts are now excluded

New release, 0.0.3.3

• Added all part module info to display window
  • Added option to have PAW entry available in the flight scene
  • Changed output so that if the original part name was the same as the current part name, to only show the name
  • Implemented using Stringbuilder to build the display string
  • Added ability to copy all or just copy some of the part modules

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Linux, I found a problem with the mod in a condition where the part looked up has no information fields... example : asteroid

Window pops up blank, but is also missing the close button. No way to get rid of it from the screen w/o quitting. 

I was curious if it would tell me the size of the asteroid :) nope!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the idea of this mod. It will give me an idea if the part I am using is a mod. Something small I have been wanting in the game. I like Janitors Closet, but I wanted something tiny to let me know if part is modded or not, this will let me track the info down now, in game. Thanks.

1 hour ago, therealcrow999 said:

@linuxgurugamerToo bad you couldn't do a simple mod, on hover it shows a player what part a mod comes from, like it does with Janitor's Closet installed. But then again, modding is not that simple sometimes, lol.

W3kE7F0.jpg

Ummm, that's what Janitors Closet is for.  There are lots of things that can be added, but then it's not a simple mod anymore

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, that's what Janitors Closet is for.  There are lots of things that can be added, but then it's not a simple mod anymore

Yes true :0.0:. I am going back to Janitors Closet when I add in some modded parts. Probably when I add in Restock+ I want to see what parts were added. Thanks.

Got to test this out finally. I like it. I like the feature, that says what mod it is from on top. Really liking this. I have been doing lite part mods, like Restock + and maybe Missing History. This mod should be enough for me. I don't need to show certain mods like Janitor Closet does, I just want to know if a part I am looking at is a mod or not. Thanks!

Edited by therealcrow999

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.