[1.8.x, 1.9.x, 1.10.x] PartInfo

linuxgurugamer

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer, first of all, thank you very much for everything you're doing for all of us!
I'm back to KSP after a very long hiatus, and your work here is very impressive.

I've noticed that PartInfo has issues if Click Through Blocker is not installed :  "FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ClickThroughBlocker, Version=0.1.10.15, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies." Once CTB installed, it works perfectly.

Would it be possible to add CTB has a dependency (including on CKAN)?

1 hour ago, kitamoboz said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer, first of all, thank you very much for everything you're doing for all of us!
I'm back to KSP after a very long hiatus, and your work here is very impressive.

I've noticed that PartInfo has issues if Click Through Blocker is not installed :  "FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ClickThroughBlocker, Version=0.1.10.15, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies." Once CTB installed, it works perfectly.

Would it be possible to add CTB has a dependency (including on CKAN)?

Absolutely, sorry about that

Edit: OP has been updated, as well as CKAN

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 year later...

It works with KSP 1.12.3, but ...

when used in flight scene with RSS/RO/RP-1 on an engine that engine stops burning as soon as the UI window is opened and proceeds burning after the UI window was closed - even with engine spool down and spool up times and without loosing ignition counts.

The ProvAvi module from RO/RP-1 spams this (or likewise) to the log:

[LOG 12:15:24.465] [ProcAvi] RefreshDisplays() Controllable mass: 20, mass: 435.3kg cost: 338, Utilization: 26.6%

without the numbers being changed as long as the UI window is open.

Spoiler

Meanwhile then and when this is logged - from EvaFollower mod, so another issue?
see https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/EvaFollower/issues/12

[WRN 12:15:24.733] [EFX] [EFX] EvaOrderController: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

but no explicit NRE is logged at all.

Edited by Gordon Dry

On 9/24/2022 at 6:22 AM, Gordon Dry said:

It works with KSP 1.12.3, but ...

when used in flight scene with RSS/RO/RP-1 on an engine that engine stops burning as soon as the UI window is opened and proceeds burning after the UI window was closed - even with engine spool down and spool up times and without loosing ignition counts.

The ProvAvi module from RO/RP-1 spams this (or likewise) to the log:

[LOG 12:15:24.465] [ProcAvi] RefreshDisplays() Controllable mass: 20, mass: 435.3kg cost: 338, Utilization: 26.6%

without the numbers being changed as long as the UI window is open.

Hide contents

Meanwhile then and when this is logged - from EvaFollower mod, so another issue?
see https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/EvaFollower/issues/12

[WRN 12:15:24.733] [EFX] [EFX] EvaOrderController: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

but no explicit NRE is logged at all.

Ummm, those messages are from ProcAvi.  The EvaFollower mod issue is something totally different.  Why are you posting in this thread?  PartInfo has absolutely zero interaction with any other mod, it merely displays information 

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing that is logged in the moment I open the PartInfo UI in flight is this (between unpausing and pausing the game):

Game Unpaused! 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

10/8/2022 9:12:29 PM,TestFlightCore,Setting HideUI = False 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Game Paused! 

The full log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bst29zsgkmxqsc/2022100801.7z?dl=1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2022 at 3:16 PM, Gordon Dry said:

The only thing that is logged in the moment I open the PartInfo UI in flight is this (between unpausing and pausing the game):

Game Unpaused! 

10/8/2022 9:12:29 PM,TestFlightCore,Setting HideUI = False 

Game Paused! 

The full log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bst29zsgkmxqsc/2022100801.7z?dl=1

What happens if you remove TestFlight?

In another setup with JNSQ (see signature) the PAW button is still there although I turned it off in the career settings. The button does nothing, though. When I enable it in the career settings it still does nothing, at least within the same game scene. I checked the log for NREs regarding PartInfo and didn't find any.

• 1 year later...

New Beta Release:  0.0.7

• Performance improvement:
    • Removed the OnGUI methods from the PartModule (moved to PartInfoWindow)
    • Created new MonoBehaviour:  PartInfoWindow
    • Instantiates PartInfoWindow when called
    • Added code to prevent multiple versions of the window from being opened for a single part

If I don't get any negative feedback by Sunday, I'll make this a full release

Now a full release

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/PartInfo/releases/tag/0.0.7

Thanks to @Gotmachine for finding this issue.  While it wasn't that significant for small vessels, it caused a proportational increase in overhead as vessels got larger.  From his comment when he told me about this:

Profiling with a 450 parts vessel in flight, about 15% of the frame time (~2.5 ms on my machine) is imputable to ModulePartInfo.OnGUI(), as well as about 160 Kb/frame of GC allocations, wasted doing basically nothing.

which is significant.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.